Mission Mode Help Thread.

Spider-Man Mission 04 is impossible on a PS3 controller... I cannot hit Down H, DPM H+H, QCF MH all in the span of .5 seconds... its just physically impossible...is there something i'm missing here? is there some sort of trick to this or is it literally just "hope you bought a fighting stick"

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spider-Man Mission 04 is impossible on a PS3 controller... I cannot hit Down H, DPM H+H, QCF MH all in the span of .5 seconds... its just physically impossible...is there something i'm missing here? is there some sort of trick to this or is it literally just "hope you bought a fighting stick"

I read your comment, went and did it easily.

With a ps3 controller. It's not that fast lol. It's an easy mission.

I honestly don't see how a fight stick makes challenges any easier/harder. The only thing they really add is turbo, and you don't even need that for this game. It's all in what you're more practiced with. The button placement may help when there's a lot of buttons needed, but you can remap the controller for each trial - I did that in vanilla SF4 for a couple I was having trouble with before I got decent with a stick.

With Spider-man, I just had issues getting that f d df H+H move to come out at all. Once it came out I was able to finish the combos easily. Considering that it's a ground bounce move, you have plenty of time before you land to put in the next input.

i'm having a problem with Ryu combat mission 5. Input display shows i'm doing the combo right but it won't complete. Is it a 9 hit combo? If so i think i'm having a problem landing the Air Special at the end.

Is that the one where you do air combo into air tatsu > shinkuu hadoken? If so, you need to be very careful about when you cancel into the hyper. If they are too low during the tatsu, it will miss. Depending on how you hit them in the air, you'll have to cancel on different hits of the tatsu (usually 2nd or 4th hit or so). Akuma has the same problem.

Edit: I managed to do Trish's 7 randomly on controller when I was looking at titles. Delaying the jump by a LOT made it easy. And damn, playing this game on controller is tough when you're not used to it.

Edited by Akari

Any mission with a partner call would be made infinitely easier with a stick. I've been doing Captain America's challenge 7, and it wasn't a matter of me not understanding when to call the partner assist, it was hitting the :l1: or :r1: buttons at the same time as a face button to continue along the combo.

It is hard. It messes you up. I can't move partner assist to a face button because most combos require all of the face buttons to execute and moving it around for one single partner assist is crazy.

Sitting at 75.27%, at the moment. Calc says that means I've done 271, so I'm fifty away or so. If I could do partner assists with more ease, I'd be a lot closer to completion by now.

Any mission with a partner call would be made infinitely easier with a stick. I've been doing Captain America's challenge 7, and it wasn't a matter of me not understanding when to call the partner assist, it was hitting the :l1: or :r1: buttons at the same time as a face button to continue along the combo.

You played Guilty Gear, right? How did you ever do roman cancels? I had that mapped to R1 and I was doing fine. It's the same concept, hitting face buttons, tapping R1, then immediately putting in inputs. Heck, Blazblue's rapid cancels are the same thing.

:p I don't know how good you think I am, but I am not that good. I am persistent, with a modicum of talent, and I thank my lucky stars that nobody this generation has tried something similar to the mission mode given to us in The Midnight Carnival.

Quips aside, the timing is unforgiving. I've tried tap tap tap, but it always seems to whiff unless I use tap(tap) tap. And the tap(tap) tap is what's throwing me. Even Romans and Rapids were a tap tap tap, it's pressing a face button and a trigger at the same time as part of a fluid combo that's making my fingers feel stupid.

Edited by Maldron

FRCs were always beyond me, as was most of the frame-reliant metagame that Guilty Gear became about. I enjoyed the crazy and the fast-paced, this is just faster, and it's asking me crazier things.

I just think that, with a stick, it would be one helluva lot easier to hit. I'm getting a blister on my right thumb, which is new for me and fighting games.

I honestly don't see how a fight stick makes challenges any easier/harder. The only thing they really add is turbo, and you don't even need that for this game.

I switched to my fight stick last night (after using the control for 200+ missions) and it's definitely easier. Having the buttons more spread out and being able to do instant jump, qcb is alot easier for me on stick.

By the way, I saw someone in a diff thread asking for help on Pheonix's 9, and I was having trouble with it too until I figured out the trick myself, so I thought I'd post it here.

The air qcf M is tough to hit, so here's the strat - for the air combo, jump STRAIGHT UP, not forward. Delay the inputs as much as you can, and then for the air qcf M, jump backward. Go ahead and immediately cancel into the hyper, as it will connect if the qcf M connects.

This is the same for her 10.

Alright... me again, partners again. This time - partner followups to Air S slams.

Most of what I can't finish right now are partner followups to Air S attacks. Pressing it when I land is too late, rapid presses seem to be punished by execution delays. Where's the sweet spot for bringing a partner in to follow up after hitting a character to the ground? How unforgiving is this sweet spot?

I always bring my partner out ASAP (I'm mashing the button while I'm landing). Doing the next attack after the partner depends on the mission though. Sometimes I'd have to do the next command the moment my partner comes out, other times I'd have to wait for my partner to actually hit before doing the next command.

Made it. I still don't know how to get the partners out in time if i come down from the top of the screen. I've done it a few times, but never reliably.

Anyway! Hit 320 with Wesker 10. Had a few sevens, and a six, but I made it.

Thanks for the help offered to me during my crazy ramblings.

Nice job! Which other characters did you end up completing?

Quick tip:

If any of you are having trouble doing a ultra+partner at the same time, do this:

Make sure you are doing the motion/calling the partner AS FAS AS POSSIBLE when you reach the ground.

If the guy is reaching the ground before you, trying delaying the last AIR S.

Make sure to watch the videos, which are included in this thread, they are really helpful.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/marvel-vs-capcom-3-fate-two-worlds/94277-mission-mode-video-guide.html

Just finished Deadpool. So lame that the 8th mission gave me harder time than the 9th and 10th lol.

Spencer's last mission is giving me a lot of trouble. The part after I hit him in the air with S, I have to call a partner and follow it up with a hyper move. My partner misses him most of the time due to wrong distance.

I hate combos that involve crouching H to forward H, 90% becomes a projectile...

also for Spencer's 10th mission, that last Hook off the ground requires a super jump cancel? in order to connect the Air S and S?

sjc is impossible to do on the d-pad >.<