Quest Guide

Very good Quest guide, cheers it helped a lot.

I have a suggestion about you guessing in some of your orange parts.... get rid of em and only use facts. Im talking about the 2 shire quests

Shire Afternoone Pass 3 - Amon Hen quest, you can only get this quest if you load Fangorn Forest then quit back to the Shire. You kinda figured this out yourself but you proceed to tell this story of other possible ways that have nothing to do with it at all, like turning off PS3 or the game. So people are possibly doing all these pointless steps for no reason.

Same thing for Shire Evening Pass 2 - You placed this one in the middle of Pelannor Fields, why? All you have to do is load the Pellanor Fields then quit to the shire and the quest shows up just like the above, being the last shire quest people want to clear it asap.

This is just how these quests work, its not glitched and its a fact. Weather they meant to do this or it was accidental shitty coding these 2 quests will only show if you load up those levels then quit back to the shire.

Im sorry but I wont remove those. I played the game one time and this is what happened to me. These trophies have glitched for many people and its one of the reasons I wrote this guide in the first place. I wrote this is as a, this is the order of how I played/completed my game, and I got the trophy with no hitches guide. Pointless step or not its how it happened for me. Im not saying you have to play this way. But its how I did it with no problem and that is what I am sharing. I never intended this to be a stickied guide but after it was all finished thats what happened. If you read ahead and want to assume its pointless then dont do it. This game is VERY glitchy and the game was glitching at these points for me. They are in orange because they are "other" information... And since I dont "know" how to obtain these quests any other way I will not add "assumed" information thinking it will work for someone else. So in reality they are "fact", since they are how I know how to get them. If I were to remove them I dont have anything else to replace them with because I didnt experience them any other way.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, was just my suggestion and I can guarantee you if we ran a poll you would see everyone who had those 2 quests triggered had to do it by loading the next level then quitting back. You cant get it to work by restarting the game or the ps3, I tried those methods first myself and it did nothing just like it did nothing for you either but you couldn't "be sure" like you said yourself because you didn't check when exactly they showed up. If you were to go back and test this you would see I am right but that's fine.

Again great quest guide, it was a smooth process with no issues for me. thanks.

Fair enough, was just my suggestion and I can guarantee you if we ran a poll you would see everyone who had those 2 quests triggered had to do it by loading the next level then quitting back. You cant get it to work by restarting the game or the ps3, I tried those methods first myself and it did nothing just like it did nothing for you either but you couldn't "be sure" like you said yourself because you didn't check when exactly they showed up. If you were to go back and test this you would see I am right but that's fine.

Again great quest guide, it was a smooth process with no issues for me. thanks.

Im not saying you're wrong. I think its a good suggestion actually... but since this guide was based off my experiences and that was how it played out for me I cant change it without seeing the proof. I dont want to lead anyone astray based on what I assume or anyone else tells me. Do I think you are right? Yes. Do I really need a poll? Absolutely not. I realize the PS3 doesnt "need" to be restarted but that quest popped for me when I did that. I will never play this game again, and I will never go back and double check anything. Glad this guide could help you.

I dunno if it even helps at this point, but i found that you can see the orcs standing alone if you follow the river. Once you see them, stop riding and dismount, then snipe them with your bow. For me at the point when i got to rohan, i one hit killed them and they never even moved.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rivendell

Note: The watchtower quests may have incorrect titles. There was some confusion when talking to TheRealClayman about switching the names around. Im waiting for clarification to correct them. (UPDATE: Clarification is not coming. If you want to help out let me know) It should not affect how you play though. The 3 quests are given to you at once and are very hard to miss.

1. Elf Scouts

2. Orc Raiders

3.Talk to Bilbo - This side quest appears on the map after you beat the trolls with Gimli. Talk to the dwarf where Elmond used to stand. You get two quests: Bilbos sword, Bilbos shirt.

4. Bilbos sword

5. Bilbos Shirt

6. Bilbo Baggins

7. Crebain Spies - Crows over Rivendell

8. The watch Towers - Secure all three watchtowers

9. West watchtower

10. Defeat the goblins at the Ford of Buinen.

11. East Watchtower - Defeat the goblins in the eastern foot hills.

12. Spider Nests

Clarification on watchtower quests as requested:

9. West watchtower - Defeat the goblins in the western woods.

10. South Watchtower - Defeat the goblins at the Ford of Buinen.

11. East Watchtower - Defeat the goblins in the eastern foot hills.

Thanks guys! I havent completely forgotten about this guide. The reason I havent updated it yet is because ever since this site changed to the new look it has a lower character count in the posts. So as soon as I hit edit I am screwed and I have to move the information around. I found this out the hard way and I had to delete some info from the first post or at least dumb it down. I wasn't prepared to just move some of the bottom of the post down. This will expand this from 3 posts to 4 or 5, and when I have more time I will just copy it all down and reorganize it so its easier to add and change stuff.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, Just a note for the guide. The Amon Hen imaginary quest didn't appear before Fangorn forest. I did exactly what you said and still it did not. But then after the Fangorn Forest level at evening it appeared. So it dissapearing isn't really a glitch :dance:

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to say my thanks for making this great and detailed guide. I managed to get The Key to the Shire on my first playthrough which is a great relief to me. The only thing I unfortunately missed was one side mission on the Forest level so now I have to go back through and nab it.

EDIT: Ugh, don't miss any side quests if you can help it. It appears that even if you know which side quest you missed, you have to do ALL the side quests in that particular level for it to save. I missed one in Fangorn Forest and only after completing the last side quest did the trophy actually pop.

Edited by hellgahunter

• 3 weeks later...
Hey, Just a note for the guide. The Amon Hen imaginary quest didn't appear before Fangorn forest. I did exactly what you said and still it did not. But then after the Fangorn Forest level at evening it appeared. So it dissapearing isn't really a glitch :dance:

I also loaded Fangorn Forest and then came back to the shire, but in my case the Amon Hem quest showed up, guess it's random, so i don't know if it is supposed to be a afternoon or evening quest :think:

• 1 month later...
Im sorry but I wont remove those. I played the game one time and this is what happened to me. These trophies have glitched for many people and its one of the reasons I wrote this guide in the first place. I wrote this is as a, this is the order of how I played/completed my game, and I got the trophy with no hitches guide. Pointless step or not its how it happened for me. Im not saying you have to play this way. But its how I did it with no problem and that is what I am sharing. I never intended this to be a stickied guide but after it was all finished thats what happened. If you read ahead and want to assume its pointless then dont do it. This game is VERY glitchy and the game was glitching at these points for me. They are in orange because they are "other" information... And since I dont "know" how to obtain these quests any other way I will not add "assumed" information thinking it will work for someone else. So in reality they are "fact", since they are how I know how to get them. If I were to remove them I dont have anything else to replace them with because I didnt experience them any other way.

You should at least mention this in the guide though. That it was only your method. I searched through this thread and found multiple people saying you just have to load Fangorn then quit out. Just put a little disclaimer/side note.

• 1 month later...

Theres no need to turn the ps3 off between missions. The side quests where you play games with the kids dont open until sam has read that part of the story. If you just play through fangorn, the amon hen kids game will be avaliable when you return to thr shire on the next pass. During the cutscene that appears after you start fangorn, Sam tells the kids the urki find the party at amon hen when they leave the elven city of lothlorien..thats what unlocks amon hen in the shire. If you quit fangorn it will be avaliable as a side quest..but it will also be there after completing fangorn. Same goes ftor all the kid's games side quests..no need to quit the game or anything. Its not a glitch..its just that you have to understand what triggers them or else it might seem glitchy

Edited by psycoone007

• 3 months later...

I know there is no need to turn the ps3 off. I simply stated my experienced and the steps that I took since the game was glitching on me so badly. After all one misstep could me you dont get the trophies.

There is a problem with me just editing the posts. The guide was made before the forum changed it look and updated. If I click the edit button I cant save without reducing the number of characters in my posted by a pretty big margin. I did it once and I had to remove information. I would have to restructure the entire guide and Im just not going to do that.

Edited by osakamitsu

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Perfect guide osakamitsu! Thank You so much for it! I would never guess that you have to actually quit the game and reload it in order to receive new quests! Sick thing, would skip those for sure! I really appreciate your work. Thankfully no trophy glitched on me, so it was a one flawless playthrough for me + getting the tokens from level 1. Grinding 2500 kills was way much easier for me to do in Riding Stall - Shire. You can easily get 15-20 kills in ~30 seconds and, just to confirm, they do count for the trophy. Another glorious platinum! :D.

• 1 year later...