Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Grand Tour: Eiger Nordwand with Alfa Competizione

madudester

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What settings did you used and you used a controller ? :o

I used a DS3 and with the TCS on 4 or 5...... 5 I think:) I was shocked when I got around 1.16.600 after hours of agonizing 1.17.050's!

However, I found that the most important sections are the turn right after coming out of the tunnel(try taking the turn without going below 130km/h while avoiding spinning out) and the final corner(slow in, fast out).. as long as you get off the bridge around 35.000.. should be just before 35.000..

I used a DS3 and with the TCS on 4 or 5...... 5 I think:) I was shocked when I got around 1.16.600 after hours of agonizing 1.17.050's!

However, I found that the most important sections are the turn right after coming out of the tunnel(try taking the turn without going below 130km/h while avoiding spinning out) and the final corner(slow in, fast out).. as long as you get off the bridge around 35.000.. should be just before 35.000..

im getting off the bridge at nearly 34 secs... and hitting the tunnel at nearly 50 secs so yes the curve after the tunnel is killing me i bet :( .... i try to let off the gas but it just skids out and then your screwed... i hit the brakes to long and lose too much time grrr... i need any tips i can for that part

im getting off the bridge at nearly 34 secs... and hitting the tunnel at nearly 50 secs so yes the curve after the tunnel is killing me i bet :( .... i try to let off the gas but it just skids out and then your screwed... i hit the brakes to long and lose too much time grrr... i need any tips i can for that part

I think I just braked a little until I had 140km/h, then turning with no throttle (as close to the fence as you dare) until the car was a regaining tracting at about 130km/h.. really difficult to explain, a LOT of luck was involved I can tell you that much.. as for the final corner, try keeping it between 80 and 85 while going a bit wide and then turning in close to the apex on the inside, full throttle and straight to the outside fence so you get as straigt a line as possible to the finish..

I don't know if it's understandable, but I gave it a shot :)

i'm really disappointed and cant believe they are serious about the time set in which you need to do a full lap. 1:17 it's almost impossible.

how many time is got 1:17:00.020 it's ridicules i'm sure i will get it in the end but the amount of time spent on this one event and the hardness compared to other event i'm sure they made a mistake by setting it at 1:17

if they would have just added a measly half of a second it would have been just perfectly hard enough but 1:17.0 is a time that just kills all the fun of the game for me..

this is definitely harder then the zico trophy in wipe out hd.

Edited by sengoku

i'm really disappointed and cant believe they are serious about the time set in which you need to do a full lap. 1:17 it's almost impossible.

how many time is got 1:17:00.020 it's ridicules i'm sure i will get it in the end but the amount of time spent on this one event and the hardness compared to other event i'm sure they made a mistake by setting it at 1:17

if they would have just added a measly half of a second it would have been just perfectly hard enough but 1:17.0 is a time that just kills all the fun of the game for me..

this is definitely harder then the zico trophy in wipe out hd.

What I hate about these times, even in license tests, is that they are ROUNDED numbers. In a lot of the License tests, the example demo doesn't get close to beating the target time. It's such a joke.

And even though they're all beatable, some of the targets set feel absurd. Eiger Nordwand Time Trial is the biggest offender in that regard.

Edited by HenryHSH

What I hate about these times, even in license tests, is that they are ROUNDED numbers. In a lot of the License tests, the example demo doesn't get close to beating the target time. It's such a joke.

And even though they're all beatable, some of the targets set feel absurd. Eiger Nordwand Time Trial is the biggest offender in that regard.

QFT

It took me nearly two nights of attempts to FINALLY get through this tortuous act of futility. I managed 17.007, 17.002 and 17.001 before I got my 16.882.

If the gold was 17.500 or even 17.250, I would've had it after about an hour or two.

For most of the trials, you can manage a gold even with a few mistakes along the way. This one is simply not possible until you nail every single turn ...

Now I've only got the AMG Academy to finish! :francis:

i can get silver everytime... im usually only off by 300th of a sec or better... i just cant get below

That's where I was before I managed it. You're close! :dance:

What settings are you using? You might up the TR a bit. When I switched from 6 to 7, I was able to cut an extra .250 off on average.

I also tapped the accelerator after turning into the straight after the tunnel. It seems to "stick" your car a little better than steering into the skid. I got my last few microseconds from that.

That's where I was before I managed it. You're close! :dance:

What settings are you using? You might up the TR a bit. When I switched from 6 to 7, I was able to cut an extra .250 off on average.

I also tapped the accelerator after turning into the straight after the tunnel. It seems to "stick" your car a little better than steering into the skid. I got my last few microseconds from that.

yea i switched to 7 and it was way better results but im falling short and its gotta be after that damn tunnel... i just either brake too much or not enough :(

OMG i just beat it!!!!! :dance:

i cant even believe it! 1:16.964..

this one was tough as nails, a little to tough if you ask me,

but i finally can move on to the next event!!

Best of luck to anyone attempting this...

hang in there keep at it and try not to go mental..LOL

Edited by sengoku

idk what to do anymore... my corner before the tunnel is so so... thats where im either doing well or ok... i just cant seem to gas at the right time without spinning out or going to slow :confused:

well what i did was come in at full speed.

brake just a fraction later then where the redline starts let speed drop to below 100km then use analoge stick and keep speed up to 95 till your almost in a strait line for the tunnel and punch it..

the max speed in that corner is 95km. throttle up slowly as soon as you can.

the time when you hit the tunnel entrance should be 50sec exactly..

good luck!

After 2 hours of getting stuck between 1.17.122 and 1.17.250 on each attempt i finally did it!!! Middle of the little bridge 0.35-ish, hit the tunnel 50.8. I think the most important section of the lap is the last corner. It's crucial to approach it at just the right angle and speed and open full throttle as soon as you see the apex.

After 2 hours of getting stuck between 1.17.122 and 1.17.250 on each attempt i finally did it!!! Middle of the little bridge 0.35-ish, hit the tunnel 50.8. I think the most important section of the lap is the last corner. It's crucial to approach it at just the right angle and speed and open full throttle as soon as you see the apex.

You must of done quite a good job in the last section. I had similar sector marks. End of bridge I would be at .34-.35, start of tunnel .48-.49 and most of the times, I would mess up coming out of the last turn. That's until I figured that I'm better off not going full throttle through the last 3 turns.

yea im screwing up on the last turn then cause i can almost hit 50 and always get past the bridge at 34 secs ish... so im screwing up the last corner and the curve and i dont know the trick... makes me sad... im tired of this event :(

I try to keep the same speed throughout the last section nor accelerating neither decelerating. Then just a moment before i'm about to see the imaginary straight line from the apex of the last corner to the finish line i accelerate enough to make rear slide a bit which points the front of the car in the right direction, countersteer and go full on at the same time. Straight to the finish. Hope that helps. Good luck