• 10 - Very Hard

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm giving it a 2.

I played this game a long time ago on the PC so I'm already familiar with it. All the trophies are very easy except for the Game Master trophy. The frequent checkpoints and save points make it very doable however.

The Prince of Persia series from Ubisoft Montréal are some of the best 3D platformers in my opinion. Creative level design and the camera actually works really well. The combat isn't too shabby either.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not much of a trophy difficulty but I found the game itself a little difficult at times. The camera was hard to control also during some fight sequences and this led to a couple of retries.

I had all of the trophies got by the time I needed the "Play Game for 10 hours" trophy, so the list could have been harder if it wanted to be.

The fact that it's a short (P) doesn't change my mind on the overall difficulty though:

(P) difficulty: 4/10

• 1 month later...

Overall, it's a very easy platinum. I'd say it's about 3.5/10. The only tricky area is the elevator battle.

I had this series on PS2 and it's still as great as ever. The games in the entire collection have really held up well over the years so if you're thinking of picking up this collection,do it! The Sands of Time is the first game in the series and probably the best. The sequels have tighter controls and combat, but the setting and characters tip this over the edge for best in the series.

My only disappointment is the platinum run. Not rewinding time seems like a petty trophy designed just to complicate things. It also ruins the flow of the game as the ability to rewind time is this game's unique selling point/gameplay mechanic. The sand clouds did not bother me. I think a lot of people miss this trophy because of the checkpoint system. In the massive library you actually trigger a checkpoint on the way down a corridor towards a sand cloud so when you go back to the door and you get a cutscene for the next area the checkpoint is actually further back than you think and you need to turn around and collect the sand cloud again.

Still the best game in the series for me as the sequels abandoned the magical tale for Whingey McWhingey Pants the emo in Warrior Within and The Two Throne. (Do not mistake this for them being bad games as they are actually superior in many areas)

I also want to state that on the entire trilogy I never experienced any glitches, except a few crashes on The Two Thrones. I have the disc versions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I remember playing this when I was a kid and getting stuck in the dungeons and rage quitting because I hadn't nailed the wall jumping technique. Also I found the battles really difficult back then. Playing it now, I can't see what all the fuss was about, it felt like I was now playing it on easy mode.

The cameras and controls re still frustrating, but it was in no way a difficult platinum. I'd give it a 3 at most.

2/10. It's certainly a lot easier than the plats in WW and TTT,because this plat can actually be acquired in one playthrough,however,to achieve this you have to be very observant so that you wont miss any life upgrades or sand clouds. And clearing the game without rewinding more than 20 times is not so hard either,just a bit frustrating because you have to replay some parts after dying. Again, it's much easier than clearing the game without dying like in WW and TTT.

• 1 month later...

I gave it a 5, it was long and you just get freaking' bored of the long fights.

I had to finish it twice. The only problem I had was finishing the game with rewinding less than 20 times, I was just so confused how do they count it, so I decided to play without using the L1 button at all xD

The game has some glitches and it freeze a lot. Which will make you go insane sometimes. Overall, it's more than an annoying trophy than being a hard one.

Going for the Warrior Within right now, hopefully it won't be that bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Platinum Rate - 2

Been playing this alot in 8 years ago and still got the original PS2 version. I really can recognize the place and the location of sand clouds and hidden fountains without using the guide. I beat the game 4 hrs and 30 mins, then I left the game on unpause and PS3 controller on when getting Sands of Time trophy. I also use save backup before the reaching the elevator to the hourglass, just in case by doing the Master of Time trophy. It not really that hard, getting platinum took me 11 hrs.

• 3 weeks later...