The Complete Tech Orb Location Guide

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chapter 2 glitched Tech Orb!

Area 8:

082: Four Single Orbs

As soon as you drop down, you will see these four Single Orbs dotted around.

When i get there i saw only 3 not 4. I jumped down to collect them and i heared 4 times orb taking sound. One of them was invisible - i think right to the doors hole.

Plz someone confirm.:whistle:

Thanks for a guide its briliant!

Finaly can go to chapter 3! ;D

This is one of the worst collectible trophies I have had to endure. If it weren't for your excellent guide - I can only imagine how much of a pain in the butt this would have been to do.

It still took quite a bit of time but I got all of them - every single damn one. It must have taken you an absolute age to write this guide and it is probably one of the most detailed and in-depth guides I have ever used. I didn't have any problems finding any of the orbs using your guide. :applause:

However, as others have mentioned, I did have a problem with Chapter 5. Even following your guide - it glitched at 99%. I was positive that I had got every tech orb but still 99% - damn. I must have replayed that chapter about 3-4 times before it magically jumped to 100%. The reason I say 'magically' is because I don't recall actually collecting any orbs to get that missing 1% - definitely glitched.

For any others starting out, I would recommend that you do 1 chapter at a time. Once you get a chapter to 100% - backup your save. Continue to do this until you get them all. This way if any chapter glitches, you don't have to start from scratch. Just load up the last save and continue. Thats how I did it anyway and it worked a treat.

Thanks again for the guide. brilliant :)

For any others starting out, I would recommend that you do 1 chapter at a time. Once you get a chapter to 100% - backup your save. Continue to do this until you get them all. This way if any chapter glitches, you don't have to start from scratch. Just load up the last save and continue. Thats how I did it anyway and it worked a treat.

Thanks again for the guide. brilliant :)

No worries lads. Glad its helping.

And to people starting out: Definitely quit and save after every chapter. It will save you a lot of grief in the long run.

thank u for doing this man, i got this game a few days ago and just started and am gonna use your guide to find all the orbs. I admit that orb collecting from the get-go is gonna make this game less fun but because of all the glitches i've read with the orbs, i decided to get them right away as i play through each chapter.

Dude! I salute you for creating this guide. I can't thank you enough for it.

I was stuck at 98% and 99% on Chapter 2 and 5 respectively. And these orbs that I missed weren't the common ones. But, thanks to your guide I found 'em and got my platinum.

Cheers.

i got 99% on chapter two (first i played)

thought that gathered all orbs - i was wrong.

can i now use chapter select and search te missing one?

Or should i play whole chapter again together with starting new story?

give me a hint which one you missed - i will check / maybe missed the same spot.

i got 99% on chapter two (first i played)

thought that gathered all orbs - i was wrong.

can i now use chapter select and search te missing one?

Or should i play whole chapter again together with starting new story?

give me a hint which one you missed - i will check / maybe missed the same spot.

Looking for missing Orbs via Chapter Select is completely fine.

but i should do this right now or after i complete the game?

Whenever you feel better. I did the whole game before backtracking to do what I left behind but the game do a perfect job tracking your progress even if you repeat chapters via Chap. Selection before finishing the game.

Meh this guide is great if you are starting afresh but I have completed the game and then going back to the ones I missed, your description of some orb locations like "to the left and up of the last orb" means nothing to me since I got the orb in my first play through that you reference the direction from and I don't know where it is...you need much better directions and descriptions and do not rely soley on refrencing from the last orb!!!

I have followed your guide for chapters 2-5 and have missed orbs on each of those chapters due to the confusion of where the next orb was cos I already collected the orb you were refrencing from...

Edited by homerjnick

Is it even effin POSSIBLE to get all the orbs in the dog chase on hard mode? So ridiculous.

Lol, I spent so much time and retries thrying this sh*t on hard that it's not even fun.

even though I "perfected" the way, I couldn't manage to get all the orbs and take down the Dog. I just said "f*ck this", and left the 3 orbs (after the ramp, before the split) to easy and "Bad Doggy".

This has gotta be so far the most painfull collectibles trophy i have seen... This guide helps a lot, but i think i will take a rain check for now, cos i am not in the mood to search 13 levels for missing orbs.... In most chapters i have more than 90%, but then again i haven't got 100% in none... so ... whatever...

Excellent job! I played through first on hard, and was trying to finish off the orbs, but found it easier to start a new game and play through on easy with your guide.

:thumbsup: I got a tip for this annoying cluster in Chapter 9:

057: Large Orb Cluster

From here you can’t miss the Orb Cluster out over the mines. Hop onto the platform and carefully edge out to it. After you get it, carefully reverse off again.

You can get off your cloud on the shore, and jump over to the platform it's on, then just walk over to the cluster. You can't jump back to shore, so just jump on your cloud and fly away.