• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Definitely the hardest of the CODs, within my experience. However, I believe the description narrows it down. I'd also add the immensely luck based/frustrating Gunslinger

Sum of All Zeroes is hard for a lot of people because they forget they can press R1 and R2 simultaneously!

I believe 7,5 to be a fair grade, so I'll vote 7 to get that figure

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've voted 9, some of the levels on Veteran are the toughest I've done on any game (I've platted several CODs).

For me the hardest/most frustrating parts were:

Last bunker on Burn 'Em Out

First two Flak cannons on Heart of the Reich (more so the left one than the right)

The start of Downfall where you are trying to get to one of the rooms either side of the staircase.

Sum of all Zeroes.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I vote 7, I'm familiar with most COD games, this one is one of the most difficult COD games .. you can't even take your time to take cover or anything because of these grandes come out of nowhere, personally I start playing this game 9 years ago and I couldn't get the platinum and I just ignore it, this week I started playing is again and give it another chance, and I got my platinum, and I'm happy with this.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

7.5/10 to 100% (rounded down to vote 7 for platinum difficulty). For context, I have Black Ops 1, 3, 4, and CW, as well as Modern Warfare 2, 3, and MW2019 at 100%, so I'm pretty experienced with Call of Duty. This is the 2nd hardest Call of Duty platinum for me at the time of this post, only behind Black Ops 4.

CAUTION: This game's online is filled with hackers. To minimize my risk of having trophies popped by modders, I did not play Multiplayer at all, and only played Zombies in private matches with people I added. If you do take the risk of playing online, backup your trophies and saves first. If a modder pops your trophies, you'll need to delete your PS3 profile without syncing trophies.

The key difficulties most people will have with this platinum are the finishing each mission on Veteran and Sum of All Zeros trophies. Specifically for Veteran, the checkpoint for clearing out the cannons in Heart of the Reich is absoutely brutal. I recommend watching a Youtube guide if you get stuck on this checkpoint and adhering to the general methods the Youtuber performs to destroy the cannons. Particularly, make sure to save the 2 Panzerschrek rockets you get in this area for the last cannon. I did not, but it is easier if you do. For Sum of All Zeros, pull up a video guide and make sure you’re meeting or exceeding his Zeros destroyed count by each checkpoint. I recommend backing up your save each time you have a solid checkpoint like that. This way, you can transfer your save back if you fail to do well enough by the next checkpoint. Advancing incrementally like that removes the tedium of replaying the first half of the mission each time you fail to down 45+ Zeros.

As for the DLC, the hardest trophies are definitely Big Baller and Perkaholics Anonymous. Fortunately, both can be done easily in Co-op. For Perkaholics Anonymous, just play with 1-3 other decent people and you’ll get the trophy when the round changes to 20. For Big Baller, play with 1-3 other people and have them let you get most of the kills. The reason this is much better than solo is because the number of zombies caps at 24 per round in solo, while you can have 200+ zombies per round at round 19 with 4 players. I did it with only one other player and got the trophy before before round 20 by mostly knifing early on and then only going for headshots with the PPSH/Thompson. If you’re having trouble finding people, you can use split screen as well; if you have a second controller and find one other person with 2 controllers, you can have a 4 player game easily.

• 1 year later...

When I was a little boy, my dad said the army makes you a man. I disagree. What really makes you a man is beating this game's campaign on Veteran. If you succeed, that means you are the next Chuck Norris. It means you are the most powerful being in the universe and nothing and nobody can stop you. People will bow at your feet and worship the ground you walk on, thinking you to be the next Messiah. WatchMojo will make another list of top 10 overpowered anime characters, and you will be number one. After death you will go straight to heaven, and Saint Peter himself will award you the highest possible military decoration. Wear it proudly for all eternity!

All jokes aside, Veteran difficulty alone warrants 10/10. I'm not even taking into consideration the Blue Ribbon online trophy.

I can imagine Activision releasing Call of Duty: Ukraine in the coming the decades. You will play as a Ukrainian soldier defending your country from Russia. Vladimir Putin will appear and be depicted in a negative light, much like Manuel Noriega in Black Ops 2. At the end there will be a dedication to the brave soldiers who fought for what was right, much like in World at War.