Champion of Challenges HELP!!!

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

I have played several challenges and thought I was doing it right but I can not get the CHAMPION of CHALLENGES or SELF IMPROVER trophies. Could someone who has patience and wants to be nice walk me through how to do this. I tried to understand the guide but I cannot get it to unlock the trophy. I played a song on easy then turned around and played it on hard and got both a higher score and more stars but nothing.

Frustrated.....please help.....

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?

I have played several challenges and thought I was doing it right but I can not get the CHAMPION of CHALLENGES or SELF IMPROVER trophies. Could someone who has patience and wants to be nice walk me through how to do this. I tried to understand the guide but I cannot get it to unlock the trophy. I played a song on easy then turned around and played it on hard and got both a higher score and more stars but nothing.

Frustrated.....please help.....

Did you 'target' the challenge?

From Quickplay, select a song and go into star challenges rather than playing it and select either your score, or another persons score in any challenge and then proceed to achieve a higher rating (gold, platinum, diamond) than the targeted challenge and the trophy should pop.

When I did the champion challenge, I actually didn't get a better rating on the one I had targeted (high score), but I did on one of the bonus (I believe it was an alt strum) and I got the trophy. So I believe as long as you achieve any higher rating on a challenge in the song it should pop.

But the key points are:

A.) You need to 'target play' the challenge and

B.) You need to achieve a higher rating, not just a better score.

Good Luck!

Finally got it to unlock. The funny thing is on champion of challenges I didn't even get a higher score on anything and it just unlocked while I was on the main menu like 5 minutes after i played. Either way I'm glad it finally unlocked after doing it a dozen times.

• 7 months later...

I bet I know why it unlocked 5 minutes later. It's a leaderboard type trophy so it probably took a few minutes to actually run through the server then come back to find you beat the score.

Now I have a question though, I just beat my friend's score (and rank), does it have to be an improvement on your end as well? (ie. never doing the song, not getting all ranks, etc.) or is it just getting the better rank (regardless whether you already have it or not)? (I targeted "High Score (Single)" and I beat the score (even my previous best) and so far nothing.

• 9 years later...

Very old topic but anyone knows if Champions of Challenges is still achievable now that the Servers (and leaderboards) are down?
I can't connect to servers so can't get any friends scores to challenge.

I thought maybe if I played locally but don't know how I could register a score under another ID to target.

Anyone happens to know how to do this?