Now we know why there were NO REVIEWS!!!

EyeintheSky57

I have known about the "NO REVIEW" thing with bad movies for a while..

All major released have gag orders on the reviews till near or on release day. same thing went for halo reach same thing will go for Black ops, Thhat doesnt mean a game will be bad. Its just business plain and simple

Now, we have big name EA not releasing "review copies" for a bad game.

Sorry but its not a bad game, personally i think the reviewers wanted a CoD killer and because this isnt it they are bashing, If you look on meta there are far more positives than negatives.

I won't say "DON'T BUY" until I finish the game (both campaign and multiplayer) but so far:

1. CAMPAIGN: 1st mission was fun enough but nopthing special. Graphics were no wheres near elite game status (MW2, Uncharted 2, Resistance 2). I would put them maybe slightly better then BFBC2... maybe..

Agreed they are not Uncharted like graphics but they are just a tick below MW2 and they DESTROY BFBC2.

2. MULTIPLAYER: is a train wreck. LAG and getting booted 4 times in 2 hours(which will all be fixed)..

Must be your connection ive played about 2 hours in multiple sessions never got booted once, and only notice one hicup.

Open mic. But no mic in the Party screen (before you and friends launch into game) and no mic between maps. .

Agreed that is terrible, i so want a mute option but there is none to be found.

Also, me and 1 friend was split between teams 5 times in the first hour. Same room but on different sides..

I havent tried playing witha friend yet, but did you have your clan tag set up?

MW2 and BC2 are both way better games, each for their own reason.

MW2 is better yes. If Battlefield is better than MoH then its only slightly. MoH campain is crushing BFBC2's and its not even close. While the core gameplay in BFBC2 is better the game mode types in MOH are better. so personally Ill give the overall edge to MoH

If i had to rank the 3

MW2

MoH

BFBC2

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All major released have gag orders on the reviews till near or on release day. same thing went for halo reach same thing will go for Black ops, Thhat doesnt mean a game will be bad. Its just business plain and simple

That is not necessarily true or how the system works for movies at all. Halo, Uncharted, MW2, BFBC2, W@W, all had reviews out prior to release day. All of them. These companies send out review copies in advance. There is a type of gag order but only to control the buzz by having all reviews release on about the same day so people will, in a way, impulse buy.

Sorry but its not a bad game, personally i think the reviewers wanted a CoD killer and because this isnt it they are bashing, If you look on meta there are far more positives than negatives.

I agree. Its not a BAD game. But it is no where near elite status. And it is a disapointment no matter what SHOOTER franchise you love. Notice the WIDE disparity on Metacritic?? That is mainly because some people accept the flaws better then others. Not because the flaws aren't there.

Someone who rarely plays online, or rarely with friends, aren't affected by the issues that some others who do play online a lot or with friends feel extremely negative about.

Agreed they are not Uncharted like graphics but they are just a tick below MW2 and they DESTROY BFBC2.

Maybe my graphics experience makes me look at things differently, but at least you see the obvious ranking order graphically.

Must be your connection ive played about 2 hours in multiple sessions never got booted once, and only notice one hicup.

I have plenty of experience with gaming to know when I am an issue and when the game/server is the issue. In this case, I am correct. Read FORUMS around the net, many many people have an issue with some technical problems.

Agreed that is terrible, i so want a mute option but there is none to be found.

In OPTIONS-AUDIO, there is a way to set the Voice chat in game from:

TEAM

FRIENDS ONLY

NONE

Thats about it. Sad, DICE has always had a much better, though quirky, lobby system. So why abandon that here? No idea.

I havent tried playing witha friend yet, but did you have your clan tag set up?

Of course. It is a problem with DICE. Will hopefully get patched. Or adjusted on their end.

MW2 is better yes. If Battlefield is better than MoH then its only slightly. MoH campain is crushing BFBC2's and its not even close. While the core gameplay in BFBC2 is better the game mode types in MOH are better. so personally Ill give the overall edge to MoH

If i had to rank the 3

MW2

MoH

BFBC2

In this, I will just assume we have different tastes. Since I see the list the exact opposite.

With MW2, I see great visual, voice acting, high production value, and a smooth running engine... but the story is impersonable. Your character dies 3 times! Its short. And the online promotes 8 year old killing machines rather then solid team play and strategy.

I was saying that in a sarcastic sense in that the big games always get 10's when they're obviously not 10's....like Halo 3 or MW2. G4 has much better and realistic reviews.

Don't forget GTA4!!

As I see it, the only game I have ever played that deserved a 10 is Uncharted 2 for the solid package all around.

Offtopic:

@EyeintheSky57

everytime i read a post from you looks like you badly need attention.

http://mybroadband.co.za/photos/data/500/15may27-caps-lock.jpg

Ontopic: I hate how one person says one thing bad and everyone follows their opionion.

Not sure if you are trying to suggest that I am abusing the CAPS LOCK key... if you are, you are an idiot.

And no, I don't need attention. But, I know someone trying to FLAME someone elses thread who is screaming for attention. I only respond here because it is MY thread.

2 games with full trophy lists, (Platinums!) Bought at Wal-Mart (I Hate the place too) They will give you a $10.00 store card. So, its actually 50$!! Also, when/if you sell it, MoH Frontline stays on your hard drive.

Don't EVEN believe that Platinum is impossible... Not even remotely hard as dude makes it seem, more than 10 point per kill usually, & when you use your "perks" that's big points that makes it easier to get MORE "perks"& points.

Needless to say the Sheeple mentality is alive & well. They need a review/Shepard. Lulz Can't form your own opinion? It really shows with the BFBC2 hate here...

The Crack Monkeys who play MW2 24/7 all day, just can't STAND having to play a game with a team that requires teamwork... That's why they play MW2 24/7.

Edited by biff burner

Bought at Wal-Mart (I Hate the place too) They will give you a $10.00 store card. So, its actually 50$!! Also, when/if you sell it, MoH Frontline stays on your hard drive.

ya dude that was sweet. The cashier like walked awake and came back and was like " you a walmart shopping card for buying this today".

and im like "um is there a point to it? like what does it do?"

then she said "oh ya, it has 10$ u can use the next time you shop her"

and no she wouldnt let me use it towards the game

Im just selling it, or im using it on scrubs season 10 lol. (i own 1-9)

Also, forgot to add.

There is only 1 thing so far i dont like about MP, is that the rounds dont last long. I could be wrong considering i have only played the domination like game, and the bc2 type rush game mode where u either defend of attack the objective.

but i love the domination type one, and the round ussually last like 6 minutes on average. i just played one that was like just under 5 minutes :/

just adding my 2 cents here... the game its awsome, multiplayer IS BETTER THAN MW2 OR ANY CALL OF DUTY GAMES... if u experience lag its gotta b ur weak connection, i play wireless and i dont lag... yeah first day was a lil laggin here and there but after the 1st day havent experienced any lag... this is NOT a run around and shoot game like COD games... this is a man's game LOL Deal wit it! ,,!,,

A couple things:

No mute option! had to turn off all mic sounds due to mass mouth breathers.

If they're going to copy BFBC2 in Combat Mission mode, at least do it right, ability to select a teammate to respawn, not always the guy fighting at the other team's spawn or a sniper way back behind the base..

This game is heavily sniper favored, every gun other the bolt-action sniper takes 2/3 bullets to the head for a head shot, while the sniper can 1hit kill on the foot (LOL).

No bullet penetration means everyone finds a window or broken box to hide behind, and it's easy to dodge fire since the first bullet that hits your head doesnt kill you, while besides from snipers (see previous point).

There are some really horrible map imbalances, on most of team DM/sector control maps, if you're team is on a certain side, it provides clear view to the other team's spawn point or the 1 choke point they can get out of, and spawn points don't ever shift. I see why losing team just gives up and leave the game.

and my nitpick is why are all the weapons for both team exactly the same? what is this Warcraft 2? How can AK47 do the same damage and handle exactly like a M16, (use Enemy's Weapon basically means use the same weapon you already have)

In the end, wow I was just gonna put a few things down, then one thing led to another. Anyways, maybe my high expectations got the better of me, I had hopes this game was good enough to hold me over until Black Ops, well at least Fallout New Vegas is new week. Sure they can patch weapon/class balances, but they can't redo the horrible map designs.

7.5/10 singleplayer. nothing special, typical shooter with shooter moments(go here kill waves of enemies, go somewhere else), horrible framerate in open areas

7/10 multiplayer. poor attempt at copying BFBC2 and MW2, failing both. Small number of weapons, small number of balanced maps

Overall, the game seems rushed, needs at least 3 more months of polish and better designs.

A couple things:

No mute option! had to turn off all mic sounds due to mass mouth breathers.

If they're going to copy BFBC2 in Combat Mission mode, at least do it right, ability to select a teammate to respawn, not always the guy fighting at the other team's spawn or a sniper way back behind the base..

This game is heavily sniper favored, every gun other the bolt-action sniper takes 2/3 bullets to the head for a head shot, while the sniper can 1hit kill on the foot (LOL).

No bullet penetration means everyone finds a window or broken box to hide behind, and it's easy to dodge fire since the first bullet that hits your head doesnt kill you, while besides from snipers (see previous point).

There are some really horrible map imbalances, on most of team DM/sector control maps, if you're team is on a certain side, it provides clear view to the other team's spawn point or the 1 choke point they can get out of, and spawn points don't ever shift. I see why losing team just gives up and leave the game.

and my nitpick is why are all the weapons for both team exactly the same? what is this Warcraft 2? How can AK47 do the same damage and handle exactly like a M16, (use Enemy's Weapon basically means use the same weapon you already have)

In the end, wow I was just gonna put a few things down, then one thing led to another. Anyways, maybe my high expectations got the better of me, I had hopes this game was good enough to hold me over until Black Ops, well at least Fallout New Vegas is new week. Sure they can patch weapon/class balances, but they can't redo the horrible map designs.

7.5/10 singleplayer. nothing special, typical shooter with shooter moments(go here kill waves of enemies, go somewhere else), horrible framerate in open areas

7/10 multiplayer. poor attempt at copying BFBC2 and MW2, failing both. Small number of weapons, small number of balanced maps

Overall, the game seems rushed, needs at least 3 more monthsj of polish and better designs.

Spawn points do flip. At least in sector and TDM.

There is a hardcore mode if you desire more 1 hit kills. This game is easy enough to kill people as it is

Weapon balance is important even if they have to take a couple liberties to do so

I have known about the "NO REVIEW" thing with bad movies for a while.

Now, we have big name EA not releasing "review copies" for a bad game.

I won't say "DON'T BUY" until I finish the game (both campaign and multiplayer) but so far:

1. CAMPAIGN: 1st mission was fun enough but nopthing special. Graphics were no wheres near elite game status (MW2, Uncharted 2, Resistance 2). I would put them maybe slightly better then BFBC2... maybe.

wtf? im only 2 chapters in, but so far i think it easily looks better than MW2 and especially resistance 2. resistance didnt really look all that nice at all.

I've been playing MoH for a good portion of the day and must say that I'm enjoying it quite much. The online seems pretty solid and I haven't experienced this evil lag that everybody has complained about and while the campaign has it's issues, it still seems pretty good. Plus you get the Battlefield 3 BETA and Medal of Honor Frontline which was an amazing game might I add. A pretty good package altogether.

Not sure if you are trying to suggest that I am abusing the CAPS LOCK key... if you are, you are an idiot.

And no, I don't need attention. But, I know someone trying to FLAME someone elses thread who is screaming for attention. I only respond here because it is MY thread.

I hate how one person says one thing bad and everyone follows their opionion. Now how is that flaming? you should read your first post mate.

Can u tell me if this game is bad i was going to get it on my bday on monday but im having second thoughts why is it bad please i need peopls opinions of the game?

This game is totally shite, the MP is awfull with constant spawn camping wankers just waiting to drop you, total garbage and a waste of money, yet again EA have mugged all of us off.

I'm warming up to the online a little bit each day but I cannot stand the spawn camping snipers. They pick me off 2 seconds after I spawn. Even if I do get away, I can't seem to find them when I snipe and when I do, they usually catch me first.

Besides the sniping, the lag is frustrating. The game keeps freezing for a period of 2 or more seconds which throws me off especially if I'm throwing a grenade or trying to kill an enemy.

The controls or whatever are another thing. It seems like I'm running into objects every corner I turn thus making it hard to make my way around maps.

I feel a patch could fix the second issue at hand. The online is not the best but it can be improved with a few patches.

After quite a few hours in the Multiplayer mode, I have found out that this game is indeed shit AS OF NOW. However, there is potential after all these freezes and minor glitches are fixed.

And if you are trying to compete with CoD, give us more GUNS.

:applause:

Where´re the guns?

The best thing is that when you level up you only get 1 new weapon per class, because the others are the same weapons but in veteran mode ( I still have not seen the difference with the standard mode), and then you get the weapons you can use playing with the other faction.

OH!!! and don´t forget that once you finally achieve the last rank , you unlock another ultra super hyper grenade to carry on !!!! wooooooooooooooa:eek: that´s maybe the best reward I´ve seen in a game.

Hilarious is the word.:think:

I am definately disappointed with the game. It's like they took Bad Company 2 and said "Hey, lets put this on really small maps and make a sniper shot in the foot kill you." I will get the plat and then probably sell this game and play BC2 until Black Ops comes out. Hopefully it will be playable.

There are lots of things they could fix in the game. One definately being the spawning. Don't know how many times I have spawned right by an enemy or right in some sort of artillery strike. Another thing that bugs me is the fact that you can't talk between rounds and if you want to change settings you have to find somewhere and hide because you can't get to them on while you are dead. Also I played the Campaign before I played multiplayer so I could learn the controls. Well turns out they use different controls if you aren't using the Standard controls (though I haven't checked they might even be different).

Edited by Sokelial