Platinum Difficulty Rating

Woody

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

454 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

Too early to tell. There are probably a few people out there who have gotten there by now. You don't necessarily know what techniques and exploits people will discover work best until a few weeks pass as it's only been 3 days. It will no doubt be time consuming, but I wouldn't be so quick to write off platinum just yet. Some games seem impossible before you realize they have cheats(Star Wars TFU). I'm not saying Castlevania has cheats necesarily(although the series has NES roots so I wouldn't be suprised if it does) just pointing out 3 days isn't enough time to determine difficulty on this particular game.

The game does have cheats but they disable the trophies/achievements. So far the only thing I see alot of people needing help with are the trials, everything else has a set strategy from what I see. I'd make the guide if I wasn't so lazy.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are games out there that establish what a 9-10 difficulty ranking is and this game doesnt fall into that category (personal opinion i know but to say this is as hard as ninja gaiden sigma 2 is ridiculous).

paladin isnt much harder than knight and you get to keep all your upgrades so earlier on in the game, paladin is actually easier than knight cuz youre a beast. there are only a few trials that will be tough and the very last trial will def be the hardest(even then, if the trial is to not get hit by a boss, if you make it to a checkpoint w/o getting hit, then it saves it to that point) but if you know how to dodge correctly it isnt that bad. plus you can do trials on easy and smoke through them.

Edited by 8BitArtist

and the very last trial will def be the hardest(even then, if the trial is to not get hit by a boss, if you make it to a checkpoint w/o getting hit, then it saves it to that point) but if you know how to dodge correctly it isnt that bad. plus you can do trials on easy and smoke through them.

This is not completely true, the trial only ask you not to be hit with the opposite magic, you can easily achieved this by only using magic when you need life or when he shoots his magic circles (and when the circles are active he doesn't hit you), that way even if he hits you if you don't have magic active you can get the trial. There're harder trials than the last one. I wouldn't worry about that last trial.

I just finish the game and I only need the "Epic victory" and "Eleventy party" trophies (the last one I will obviously get it when I finish the game on paladin), my save data says that I have 30 hrs of gameplay so the paladin difficulty can only add 5 or 6 hours of gameplay more, since all the levels are tiny and some of them are not needed to play fully to end them I think that this plat it's a 5 or even a 4.

I could give it a 4 since I finish all the trials on knight difficult but let's say that it's a 5.

The levels are pretty small, once you clear them once your second attempt on every level only takes you about 2 or 3 minutes to end it (since you know what to do), the puzzles are very simple or if you're lazy you can even unlocked the solution without even trying, there's more experience than you need, I bought all (including the art of the game) and on my first playtrought I finished with 39300 gold, the levels are so small and the statics are very reliable that I didn't need a guide for the gems and there're just 5 or 6 trials that could be hard but with few attempts you can get them, the rest are plain simple.

The game it's great, I could even say that is better than God of War III, the end of the game is awesome, the great irony of the Belmont family, all is great on this game but when you get the touch of the things this trophies are pretty simple. Don't worry about the trophies and don't look for a guide, you can get all the trophies by yourself pretty quickly and pretty easy. An easy plat to a great and awesome game.

5/10 for the platinum trophy.

Edited by THES79

on chapter 9, nothing hasn't been really that hard. Beat the 2nd lord of shadow without getting killed again

but, how in the hell do you do that one trial. where you have to throw the eggs back at the bird and not kill her babies. Its impossible cause it goes to a cutscene when you throw one egg back at it and the others just fall on the ground before you can do anything

but, how in the hell do you do that one trial. where you have to throw the eggs back at the bird and not kill her babies. Its impossible cause it goes to a cutscene when you throw one egg back at it and the others just fall on the ground before you can do anything

yeah there's a topic for just that and it's the fifth from the top right now.....open your eyes^^

Edit: just got platinum, voted 5 - nothing too difficult since you can start on easy and the very hard playthrough isn't really that hard with certain upgrades and the fact that you can ignore many fights and just run through. some trials can be a little annoying but nothing one can't beat after a few tries. so yeah definitely not my hardest platinum. and my save game says i needed 23 hours (minus about 1-2 hours idle time).

Edited by UnholyInfinity

I just got the platinum today and gave the game a 3. The game was a cakewalk and none of the trials were exceedingly difficult, some take a little more practice than others. IMO the final trial was one of the easiest, for those who dont know the final moves in the game are ridiculously overpowered, they both do insane damage, cost relatively low magic, and can stun everything in the game (including perma-stunning the final boss). Items are very potent when used against the proper opponent it can end a seemingly tough battle in seconds. Paladin mode wasn't very difficult, by your 2nd playthrough you should have most of the power-ups, all the items, many of the stronger spells/combos, and have a grasp on enemies attack patterns for easy sync'd blocks. Under 20 hours to plat so i wouldn't consider it a grind or time consuming at all.

Good Luck to everybody going for the plat!

Hey guys,

just for the record, it is possible to beat the game on easy and the Paladin difficulty will be unlocked? Or do I have to beat it on a higher difficulty?

there's a topic on that question and it's also mentioned in the trophy guide. you can unlock paladin by beating the game on any difficulty - so yes easy will do it.

a 6 or 7 for difficulty.

It's harder than GoW, somewhat equal to Bayonetta, but easier than Ninja Gaiden. The Paladin (hardest) difficulty isn't the problem since everything carries over from a easy or normal playthrough, the checkpoints are fair and help a lot. The real difficulty lies with the trials, a lot really depends on skill and will take some time.

Several "hard" trials can take 10+ attempts requiring perfect execution for several minutes.

I base this off just having a few chapters worth of trials left before platinum.

a 6 or 7 for difficulty.

It's harder than GoW, somewhat equal to Bayonetta, but easier than Ninja Gaiden. The Paladin (hardest) difficulty isn't the problem since everything carries over from a easy or normal playthrough, the checkpoints are fair and help a lot. The real difficulty lies with the trials, a lot really depends on skill and will take some time.

Several "hard" trials can take 10+ attempts requiring perfect execution for several minutes.

I base this off just having a few chapters worth of trials left before platinum.

Ooooh... Similar in difficulty to Bayonetta? Good news n_n...

well as for uber weapons you have the ultimate shadow and light skill here which you can farm exp for if you want or need and they are extremly powerful. like i said only difficulty are a few trials and i didn't think much of those either - just cause you need a few tries for them doesn't make them too difficult

I initially thought about giving this game a 7 but I decided on giving this a 6 mainly because this game is platinumable in 1 week.

Most of the trials can easily be completed on your Paladin playthrough and you have checkpoints as a safety net in case you fail the trial. Plus, you can play some of the tough trials on easy mode if necessary though I never had to do that. There were only 6 trials that were challenging for me.

Paladin difficulty is very easy on your 2nd playthrough because your weapons and health/light magic/shadow magic upgrades carry over. Plus, your 2nd playthrough goes by much faster than your 1st.

If you have Ultimate Light and/or Ultimate Shadow move, you can easily shred through enemy bosses HP on Paladin.

Overall, a rewarding platinum to obtain.