"Against all odds" Guide

NeonGunner

"Against all odds" Trophy Guide

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/381/05.jpg

Against all odds

Win the Online 2010 FIFA World Cup with a 1/2 - 1 star team.

Team To Use

There is only one team you should be using to try and achieve this trophy/achievement - Niger.

Ouwo Moussa Maazou is a great forward and a great finisher. He can easily score with both feet, he is also very fast and very strong, very "Drogba-like."

How To Play

Use a 5-4-1 formation.

Be patient.

Keep possession of the ball as much as you can and avoid sprinting.

When you can, pick out Maazou and try to finish with him.

Once again, be patient, take it easy. Try to frustrate your opponents and force them to make all the mistakes.

Teams To Avoid

Avoid Spain and England.

Spain:

Puyol and Pique are too strong for your players.

Torres and Villa will score from anywhere.

England:

Terry and Ferdinand are too strong for your players.

Players like Walcott and Lennon will run circles around your defense.

Rooney is one of the best finishers in the game, no match for your keeper.

Pre-game

Always check the connection. The latency bar isn't always the best way to tell if your connection is going to be laggy, but it's the only way since you can't scroll through the teams in Online WC.

If your opponent chooses Spain or England, just back out. If you keep on getting the same player, don't cave in, go do something else for five minutes and come back and try again.

When you find an opponent and start the game, the first thing you want to do as soon as you get possession is go to the menu and press "Player Ratings" as this will tell you what formation your opponent is using if you press R1. If you opponent is using a 4-2-4 formation with Argentina, chances are he's also using custom tactics meaning you won't have much chance against him. If you quit before the 5:00 minute mark, the game will not be counted and you will have the chance to try again.

Comments

I have attempted this many times and finally got it. This is a lot of fun when you get to see all the five star team players get beat by Niger. Believe me, you will get a lot of hate messages after you defeat their beloved Brazil, so just get ready for that. Lastly, just enjoy this trophy, it may seem impossible at first, but with a lot of effort and quite a bit of luck, you should be able to get it. Thank you.

Guide by NeonGunner

Edited by NeonGunner

Some great tips there dude. Thanks for posting them, I'm gonna give them a try later. :) I've been trying this trophy for so long with lots of different teams and it's so frustrating.

Most of the time when I search for people they are always a 5 star fucking team and mainly Spain! There's no challenge in winning an online World Cup with a 5 star team, I could do it easily but would rather go for this trophy and the other online ones.

most excellent. I remember playing a guy who was using Niger and I lost 5-0. Admittedly, I was on the phone and it was my first time playing the game, but he definitely showed that its possible to do.

I too shall try and get it once I begin playing this game seriously.

I have a question though, when you mentioned Argentina and 4-2-4 custom stuff... why would that be more difficult than versing someone who didnt use it?

I'm assuming that's because if your opponent is using a custom formation and tactics it suggests they know what they're doing and are probably better at the game.

Wouldn't always be the case of course but chances are poorer players will jump into a game with a default squad whereas experienced players will have more forethought when it comes to their set-up.

I'm assuming that's because if your opponent is using a custom formation and tactics it suggests they know what they're doing and are probably better at the game.

Wouldn't always be the case of course but chances are poorer players will jump into a game with a default squad whereas experienced players will have more forethought when it comes to their set-up.

Ah ok, that makes sense I suppose. I suppose that would mean that I need to know what the standard formations are for the teams then aye? Heh, much to learn it seems. Thanks mate

most excellent. I remember playing a guy who was using Niger and I lost 5-0. Admittedly, I was on the phone and it was my first time playing the game, but he definitely showed that its possible to do.

I have a question though, when you mentioned Argentina and 4-2-4 custom stuff... why would that be more difficult than versing someone who didnt use it?

The obvious answer is this...

Tevez, Higuain, Aguero and Milito.

If you're Niger, they're obviously gonna try and bombard your goal with those 4 quality forwards.

Have you ever played a game where just couldn't keep the ball for more than five seconds? It seems like your opponent is faster and stronger in everything he does? This is what custom tactics do. When you put your aggression and speed to 100% you won't stand a chance. Also when people use unrealistic formations such as the 6-0-4 or the 4-2-4 it completely ruins the game and leaves you with almost no chance to win.

Edited by NeonGunner

Have you ever played a game where just couldn't keep the ball for more than five seconds? It seems like your opponent is faster and stronger in everything he does? This is what custom tactics do. When you put your aggression and speed to 100% you won't stand a chance. Also when people use unrealistic formations such as the 6-0-4 or the 4-2-4 it completely ruins the game and leaves you with almost no chance to win.

Yes, I've noticed this advantage they have.

Thanks for your help mate, I'm sure with some time and playing and practice I'll get there too :) It'll be an awesome trophy to have in the collection, especially done legitimately!

i got this with botswana, and i dont know if i'm that good in comparison to most of you guys, but if i see someone playing as spain, england, brazil and such i'm more likely to play them as they are often not very good players. and i believe that attacking is the best way to get this trophy

i got this with botswana, and i dont know if i'm that good in comparison to most of you guys, but if i see someone playing as spain, england, brazil and such i'm more likely to play them as they are often not very good players. and i believe that attacking is the best way to get this trophy

I'm guessing you haven't played some people on the leaderboard or some very good players. Because if you are you'll know that most good players play using Spain, Brazil, England, Argentina, Germany, USA, France & Portugal. I haven't met a lot of Italians. Also I happen to be one of the few people who use Spain & France & if that's the way I'm going to win the online world cup then so be it.

Edited by tyrob911

i've played alot of good players who do use spain and such teams but what i was trying to say is that alot of noobs will use the good teams and the really good people use lesser teams because you get more points per win for using crap teams. my win percentage online is 70% and thats only using 3 star teams or less.

Just made it to the final with Niger, using the above 5-4-1 formation ;) Don't wanna play anybody now, wish someone could boost the game for me :p

EDIT: Well Togo spanked me 3-0, largely due to Niger's goalkeeper.. went back to Botswana, disposed of England and Germany in the group stage, knocked out Spain on the counter, sorted out Guatemala and South Korea on the way then came Brazil in the final. Extra time.. 119th minute winner !! :D :D :D And after timewasting with the keeper, my opponent backed out ensuring it was a comfortable 3-0 win as opposed to 2-1. :)

Feels great to finally get the trophy, but anyone got any suggestions for a pacey 2 star team?

Edited by iBizzwod

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just got to the final with these scores:

Group

Kazakhstan 4 - 0 France

Kazakhstan 6 - 0 Chile

Kazakhstan 4 - 0 Spain

Last 16

Kazakhstan 3 - 2 Peru

Quarter

Kazakhstan 5 - 0 Brazil

Semi-Finals

Kazakhstan 7 - England 0

Just the final to play now, but just to make sure I get the trophy i'm going to try to find someone to boost it with.

I have just got to the final with these scores:

Group

Kazakhstan 4 - 0 France

Kazakhstan 6 - 0 Chile

Kazakhstan 4 - 0 Spain

Last 16

Kazakhstan 3 - 2 Peru

Quarter

Kazakhstan 5 - 0 Brazil

Semi-Finals

Kazakhstan 7 - England 0

Just the final to play now, but just to make sure I get the trophy i'm going to try to find someone to boost it with.

if ur that good why boosting ?

why would you spend hours to boost someone from groups to finals, obviosuly theres no other way, since I doubt theres anyone that needs the same as u...boosting only final...

just play that final match and win the trophy.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the guide, it is a very interesting and useful read.

I have been trying to win the cup with Togo as a good 3* team but can only get to the QF. I did get to the SF with Iceland too but got thrashed by a guy playing as Italy and doing cheap cutbacks every 2 minutes. Not fun. Any suggestions for great 3* and 2* teams?

Edited by Vyrastas

Thanks for the guide, it is a very interesting and useful read.

I have been trying to win the cup with Togo as a good 3* team but can only get to the QF. I did get to the SF with Iceland too but got thrashed by a guy playing as Italy and doing cheap cutbacks every 2 minutes. Not fun. Any suggestions for great 3* and 2* teams?

i played jamaica for a while not a bad team. im using Costa Rica now there a good 3* team. i suggest Togo or Israel ive got to finals with both but lost. :cool:

Edited by Vyrastas

Thanks. I managed to do it with 3* Senegal yesterday. Togo were good in attack but their keeper was rubbish. The Senegal keeper is pretty good. Too bad there's no El Hadji Diouf in the squad as he would be useful both in terms of speed, crossing and shooting plus his spitting antics would be funny to use too! :D

2* is proving very hard though. Have tried Mozambique and Estonia. Not fun! May have to resort to boosting.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...