Mafia II - Trophy Guide & Road Map

Lord Maim

What do you mean by the "point of no return"? And I wouldn't really call this a sandbox game, any more than the first one was.

he means that you cant freeroam after you beat the game, from what I understand you can replay chapters at will but if you beat the game chapter select is no longer available?

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he means that you cant freeroam after you beat the game, from what I understand you can replay chapters at will but if you beat the game chapter select is no longer available?

Term "sandbox" is used to point out that in a game offering so much real estate (an entire city) there is so little to do should you choose to deviate from the main story. At least from what I've gathered from all the reviews I read.

I got the Get Rich or Die Flyin' trophy during mission number 4 or 5, the same mission from the demo, after crossing the long bridge while trying to get to El Greco's with the wounded guy. Just make sure that your holding down the accelerator the entire time and hope a cop doesn't slow you down. After crossing the bridge you end up going down hill slightly and make quite a jump. Simply crossing this bridge with a decent car should get you this trophy but Im not sure exactly which bridge it is and if there are similar looking bridges in the game just yet.

Edited by SteelCity1989

Can anyone explain how to get the wanted poster thats on top of the repair building. its the one almsot directly below the one near joeys apartment, same block of land.

Also I can't find the one that is on the 2nd road (from the left) leading out of the docks. It seems to be behind a fence/car repair place (its above the train station, on terms of the map)

any help would be appreciated, I am trying to get all the wanted posters before starting the missions so i dont lose where im at on them.

Reviewers brought this up a lot (the point about Mafia 2 being a sandbox game), but I suspect you're correct when saying it feels similar to the first one. Maybe it's all about higher expectations for the sequel? I mean it makes a lot of sense to me, the first game was far from perfect and some improvements would help it out lots. I don't just mean improved visuals of course (which were a disappointment on their own, but I won't go there).

Again, while the term "sandbox" has been applied to this game, I have to disagree. While one of the traditional characteristics of a sandbox game is an open map that allows you to explore, it lacks all of the other elements such as a variable mission order, side quests, or mini games. Also notably, there is no free roam available after the game is completed. The game world is a setting for the story, and once that story is over, the game is over. Strangely enough, too much freedom in the game world may have worked against this game in terms of expectations.

Regarding the graphics, have a look at the PC version. I've played a fair bit of it, and it has the visuals in spades. *sigh*

I haven't played the sequel (put off by lackluster reviews to buy it immediately), but as a huge fan of the original I wonder what your thoughts are. What does Mafia 2 do for you other than the warm and fuzzy feeling of nostalgia?

It tells a good story, with some really great dialogue. The gameplay isn't revolutionary, but it's competent and enjoyable. The graphics aren't stellar compared to some PS3 exclusive titles, but they're at least on par with GTA IV, which still looks good. It might be a rental for some, but I liked it enough to pick it up.

Alright I'll clarify in the guide the exact moment you should expect the trophy to pop. Just in case you Kill Bill then immediately turn off the game. :p

Lol, well it's not that that I'm worried about. I myself wasn't sure if I was trying to walk over his body, or if I didn't do something properly right away.

I almost restarted the mission when it didn't pop, but I figured I may as well see what happens when you go back to derek.

Vangel's, the place you need to buy the tailored 'luxury' suit, is at the mall. Not sure if it is available until towards the end of chapter 9, that's when I was able to access it and have it appear on the map.

Edited by Tho

Vangel's, the place you need to buy the tailored 'luxury' suit, is at the mall. Not sure if it is available until towards the end of chapter 9, that's when I was able to access it and have it appear on the map.

You can access these locations at any time, but they won't appear on your map until you are in proximity to them. If you're looking at your map, it's in the larger of the two blocks due south of the park. Drive by and you'll see it.

i dont care about collectable they are far fewer than prototype or the crackdowns. Here is another question can i change the difficulty mid game? or would i need to start a whole new game just to lower the difficulty

Whoops, I was wrong. When you load a chapter you can choose another difficulty setting.

Whoops, I was wrong. When you load a chapter you can choose another difficulty setting.

yes only thing is you have to start the chapter over again. but everyone should start there game on hard bc each chapter u beat on hard gives u a gold star and u won't have to redo that chapter to beat the game on hard. since the first 7 chapters are extremely easy you won't have to replay them.

Hard to Kill

The police want you dead. Survive for 10 minutes!

Someone on x360a.org said there are armored cars in the game. steal 1 and run over cops till your a 4 star wanted rating. then just sit there while there shooting you, the bullets can't hurt you and you'll get your trophy. i actually thought this may be the hard trophy but i guess not. :dance::dance: