Marburg and Steven Heck trophy questions (spoilers)

Sh1nx

To All:

What makes this work is the following:

Just start the game over and pick "Suave" for almost every response. This not only gets you the Suave Perk but permits you to get a couple of extra -1 Reps with Marburg at the Cafe.

Go to Moscow and do the Railyard and answer Agressive to get SIE to like you and impress her at the end of the mission. Marburg hates SIE and this provides an extra incentive for negative Rep with him.

Then go to Rome and kill Al-Bara in the Scope ID mission.

During the Cafe sequence. Do all "Suave" responses except the 4th reponse, "Aggressive".

You should end up with a -7 Rep with Marburg at the end.

Get a 100% Dossier Intel on Marburg.

Best thing to do though is follow the roadmap on the second post "kwokovich" on the XBox360 site under the following link.

Youth Trumps Experience

I did and was able to finish off Marburg.

Edited by RSheb

• 3 months later...

Old thread, I know, but just needed to note that I got the trophy tonight with the following final stats with Marburg...

66% dossier completion

-5 reputation with Marburg

Killed Al-Bara

0 Reputation with SIE

Used nothing but Suave responses through all of the dialogue in the museum and had no expectations of him attacking and he surprised me and charged me. Saved me having to do another playthrough to get this like I thought I was going to.

Makes me wonder how much of it might have to do with your actual responses over just your reputation. Seemed like there were a lot of +1 rep changes immediately going into conversations or even following negative rep changes...

• 2 months later...
Had -10 with heck but still couldn't alienate him...WTF?

Got Marburg with -6 and incomplete dossier on him.

Sigh so frustrating

Okay, this is actually a really easy one. I did this as the last mission and i purposely made SIE as a friend, killed her on brayko's mission and got a -5 on albatross. No matter what i did with steven, i always got him as a handler in the last mission.

What i was doing wrong? I realized that at the last mission, there are 3 handlers available, heck, albatross and SIE. if you kill all three of them, the last mission won't continue pretty much. So the game does is a failsafe, they will always give you heck as a handler on the last mission. So what i suggest you do is, do a run through where you don't get a negative or and kill any of the two important characters next to heck. get a positive from albatross(turn his bugs off in taipei, professional stances, don't kill sis) and be friends with SIE in the moscow mission(agressive stances all the time) and do TAIPEI mission last. As always, stated in the guide, finish all the missions in the taipei, making contact steven heck last so you'll automatically get a minus 2 at the first time you meet. i think it's four professional stances, and then finish all the conversation all the way through. Then, after the contact steven heck mission as last mission in taipei, avoid buying any intel and you'll get a minus 9 on him. You'll get an email, make sure you reply to this BEFORE the rally or before you fight omen deng. Reply to him to shut up, which brings him to -10.

You'll know he sold you out if he says "a guy from vci says". It's completely different when he doesn't sell you out.

As for marburg? I really have no idea. But i heard an alternate route to this if he doesn't fight you in the musuem. I think it's, make sure you have more than -6 or -5 on marburg, know that parker's daughter is madison ANDDDDDDDD tell parker this. you'll fight marburg on the last mission and you'll get the trophy, i think? Or make sure you saved before you chose the routes, you'll get a nice -1 on marburg if you chose to disarm the bombs and kept using suave choices, on madison i have no deduction.

Hope this helps. Message me if you have need for more help, i'm still going after the youth trumps experience trophy, i'll tell you how i got it.

I did Youth Trumps Experience on my Judge, Jury & Executioner (jackass) playthrough. I cleared Moscow (SIE liked me, executed Albatross) and then Taipei (Sung died, executed Omen) before going to Rome. I killed Al-Bara and the Gelato shop owner. Meeting Marburg I did all suave to annoy him and during the Museum mission, I chose to disarm the bombs. Beat him to start talking and used all suave to coax him into fighting to the death.

• 2 weeks later...

I never had a problem provoking him, but I DO have a problem getting him to like me enough for the Respected Enemies trophy.

Anyone have an advice on that?

I was at +8 with him going into the final mission in Rome, stopped the bomb, and through the Conversation, advanced it to +10, yet he still runs away in the battle.

Anybody help me out on this at all?

EDIT: Oh, there we go...finally got it.

Edited by KnightAttack

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Youth Trumps Exp. seems to be random, or else there is some hidden catch that no one is getting. Some people say that they got it at -6 with incomplete Dossier, some say they nailed it at -8 with 100% Dossier..... so which is right? I did -6 with incomplete Dossier (missed the secret room in the mansion) and defused the bombs. He ran. Guess I'll load my Rome manual save and try this one over again, getting all Dossier info? Maybe that will work.

• 5 years later...
*Spoiler alert*

"Youth trumps experience", have marburg fight to the death at the museum, I was only able to get him to -5 or -6 reputation, and he always runs away. Not many options to get him hate more (-3 from dialogue at cafe, -1 at his mansion, -3 but +1 for disarming the bomb and mocking him).

Does he only fight to the death if the rep is way lower or even at -10?

"Never trust a sociopath", alienate Steven Heck, I assume he'll backstab you after the assassination by taking the 5mil bribe.. but I was at -8 animosity with him(his handler perk for the final mission was even "Ignore the sociopath") still he thinks i'm a friend... how do you get him to hate you more? (emails and dialogues only got me to like -8) where am I missing the last -2?

Can someone confirm or deny that you need -10 for both these trophies? or some significant event or dialogue you need to accomplish?

Thanks, it's really bugging me, it seems like if it doesn't succeed you have to restart the whole area operation again.

This was easy. When people say use suave responses they mean only use that response (Square/left option) when speaking to Malburg. As for Heck... I'll get back to you on that.

Don't know if anyone knows this but if you shoot a auto torrent and destroy it, you can get 1.7x with the sub machine gun if you keep shooting it afterwards. Just walk up to it with your smg, aim right at it and keep TAPPING the shoot button (whilst holding down the aim button) and once its gets to 1.7x reload and repeat. It was the easiest trophy ever achieved in this game. But the Technophile is impossible for some reason. I can't understand how to obtain it hahaha!

I did Youth Trumps Experience on my Judge, Jury & Executioner (jackass) playthrough. I cleared Moscow (SIE liked me, executed Albatross) and then Taipei (Sung died, executed Omen) before going to Rome. I killed Al-Bara and the Gelato shop owner. Meeting Marburg I did all suave to annoy him and during the Museum mission, I chose to disarm the bombs. Beat him to start talking and used all suave to coax him into fighting to the death.
Choosing to save Madison when provoking Malburg to fight you is the only way to fight to the death. Disarming bombs will help when going after respected enemies.

• 3 years later...