250km/h trophy

x9248

thats why i said i didnt know if it would work or not. i got this trophy on my first try during a mission and thats what i was doing, just telling people how i raced because they might wonder if i was doing anything different than how they are currently approaching this race

This tip is gold, I got it on the first try.

I had to restart the campaign but when I went on the race, I was using the very first car you get with level 3 boost and the thrust racing wheels. This was also on the Joker's first Top Speed race, which is at Ostakino. I made sure the race was on hard difficulty.

Anyways, I basically just held down the gas and the boost the entire time, and if I crashed, I would hold L1 as soon as possible and hold down the gas and boost again. One computer dropped out but the other one stayed long enough for me to get up to 250.

Ignore the current speed limit and just always go as fast as you can.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This tip is gold, I got it on the first try.

I had to restart the campaign but when I went on the race, I was using the very first car you get with level 3 boost and the thrust racing wheels. This was also on the Joker's first Top Speed race, which is at Ostakino. I made sure the race was on hard difficulty.

Anyways, I basically just held down the gas and the boost the entire time, and if I crashed, I would hold L1 as soon as possible and hold down the gas and boost again. One computer dropped out but the other one stayed long enough for me to get up to 250.

Ignore the current speed limit and just always go as fast as you can.

Yes, ignore the speed limit and ignore the track too, the next seed limit goes up if you stay above the curent one for 10 seconds. Therefore the faster you go without slowing down, the faster it will raise. All i was saying in my guide is to "preserve" your boost for "accidents" and when you turn around. I don't follow the track, just take the longest straight and keep going back and forth.

After starting over I got it in three tries. The Ostankino Top Speed race itself is fairly early, I believe it was the third of fourth Jokers' race. The first two times I went all out with the boost and was going about 350km/h back and forth along that long straight. No luck. But the time I actually decided to stay with the CPU drivers and see what the hell are they doing. I found out that they were shock-waving each other, so I took one of them out to get some separaton between the two. Then I just hit the gas (without boost) and continiued along the track. The stock speed maxed out at 240km/h so I started using boost when we reached 220km/h and luckyly one of the other cars managed to keep up untill 260km/h.

Yay. :)

All in all it really depends where the CPU drivers happen to be at certain times, because they're following the track. If you're already at 230 and they're about to take one of those sharp turns then you're probably out of luck.

Good luck to all of you!

Edit: Just to let you know, I used the first car and upgraded boost only once, so you don't have to waste time on earning money for a better car or boost upgrades.

Edited by labidas

I found another good tip for this trophy. Tried the most popular method (3rd Joker race with the LONG straightaway on hard) and worked for about 2 hours never getting past 220 - 230 km/h before Proof drops out (Bear ALWAYS drops between 150-180). Could not get it. Got mildly upset. Did my happy dance and regrouped.

What I did next was buy boost level 4, a new car (can't remember name - it's pink, 4WD and cost $120,000) and went to first Top Speed event you can go to. It's the one with the REALLY long name. Just drove it fast and followed the track and BAM! got to 270 km/h before Bear dropped! Proof dropped at 310 km/h. I got me a nice, shiny (P)!! Try this if you can't get the other method. Just keep going and bumping cars and going fast. Also, make sure to occasionally use your repair device so you don't go boom! PEACE!!

I found another good tip for this trophy. Tried the most popular method (3rd Joker race with the LONG straightaway on hard) and worked for about 2 hours never getting past 220 - 230 km/h before Proof drops out (Bear ALWAYS drops between 150-180). Could not get it. Got mildly upset. Did my happy dance and regrouped.

What I did next was buy boost level 4, a new car (can't remember name - it's pink, 4WD and cost $120,000) and went to first Top Speed event you can go to. It's the one with the REALLY long name. Just drove it fast and followed the track and BAM! got to 270 km/h before Bear dropped! Proof dropped at 310 km/h. I got me a nice, shiny (P)!! Try this if you can't get the other method. Just keep going and bumping cars and going fast. Also, make sure to occasionally use your repair device so you don't go boom! PEACE!!

That is the race I was recommending in my guide, "Kutuzovsky Prospekt" track, because this race is much further in the Story line and therefore the drivers you race against are better and have faster cars. Also by the time you reach this race, you will have a decent amount of cash for a good car too.

That is the race I was recommending in my guide, "Kutuzovsky Prospekt" track, because this race is much further in the Story line and therefore the drivers you race against are better and have faster cars. Also by the time you reach this race, you will have a decent amount of cash for a good car too.

First off, to be more accurate, the car I bought was "Golfstream 4 Targa". And this top speed race, though I don't remember the name is the first Top Speed race available. Even before Ostankino. And the drivers you face always have cars comparable to yours. So if you grind side races at the beginning and get enough for a nice car, your opponents will have nice cars capable of getting WELL past 250 km/h speed limit (like I said, Proof lost at 310!) And I found it best to boost ALL the time (obviously not flat out in corners!). If you can weave between traffic good, your adrenalin will almost always be maxed. And I found it best to follow the track route. But this worked for me. It might not be for everyone. Just putting it out there for anyone to help tweak their own ideas along with yours and others! :respect: Take care and happy racing!

ive already finished campaign still no 250 trophy will make a backup seeing that i need to buy all the cars to get platinum. but what car should i use when i start over and any suggestions on how i should drive. should i hold boost or use the ram move. please help just 2 trophies left 4 platinum.

• 3 weeks later...
like someone stated use the golfstream targa car. its the one i used for the entire game pretty much. and make sure u have ur boost up to lvl 4 or 5. boost like crazy. try not to crash into things if at all possible.

LOL i think I used the same car as well throughout the whole game until very very near the end I bought the Del Mar. I believe the car was $160,000 and it was a great car to use.

• 4 weeks later...
I cant unlock it. The other cars are eliminated...

Which event are you trying? If you're doing the first one with the massive straight, forget it, the AI is painfully slow.

I did the second Top Speed event. The description read something like "let's have a race in the center of Moscow at night". Got it first attempt without even trying, and on Easy mode.

Which event are you trying? If you're doing the first one with the massive straight, forget it, the AI is painfully slow.

I did the second Top Speed event. The description read something like "let's have a race in the center of Moscow at night". Got it first attempt without even trying, and on Easy mode.

i got it on the first track called "ostankino". so i don't think their slow, there as fast as you are. so the long straightaway on "ostankino" track i think is best. see my post about getting trophy a "240" since your gonna need all the help you can get with this. i know i did;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The first Top Speed Race works but it took me like 15. I turn the difficulty to HARD so the opponents are better but not any smarter drivers it seems. XD

Yea just stay right above the limit always so u dont have to do 220 km/h on a corner. Just be smart and plan how fast you need to go.

• 3 weeks later...