Rate the trophy difficulty.  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very easy.
    • 10 - Very hard.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.97

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

You guys don't understand odds. You can win the lottery next week, does it mean it's easy? Not at all. If I follow your reasoning, if you get a Royal Flush within 10 hands, it's easy and if you get it after 10,000 hands, it's hard. If so, how can you vote if you haven't got it yet? That doesn't make any sense.

You guys don't understand odds. You can win the lottery next week, does it mean it's easy? Not at all. If I follow your reasoning, if you get a Royal Flush within 10 hands, it's easy and if you get it after 10,000 hands, it's hard. If so, how can you vote if you haven't got it yet? That doesn't make any sense.

I do understand odds, that's why you can't say whether a game of luck is easy or hard. Is winning the lottery hard? No, there's no skill involved.

My point is you can't measure the difficulty of these trophies, not that they are easy or hard.

I do understand odds, that's why you can't say whether a game of luck is easy or hard. Is winning the lottery hard? No, there's no skill involved.

My point is you can't measure the difficulty of these trophies, not that they are easy or hard.

Why are people voting then?

Just because winning the lottery doesn't involve skill, that doesn't mean its not hard.

I guess we don't have the same definition of "easy". It's like when people are saying that the 10,000 kills trophy in Resistance 2 is easy since all you have to do is pressing :r1: to kill other people. Oh yeah, so easy that everybody who has played that game got this trophy, so easy you can get it right after you put the disc in the PlayStation for the 1st time. And I know what I'm talking about since I have the R2 Platinum, and I have put many, many hours in it.

Edited by StereoMike

I guess we don't have the same definition of "easy". It's like when people are saying that the 10,000 kills trophy in Resistance 2 is easy since all you have to do is pressing :r1: to kill other people. Oh yeah, so easy that everybody who has played that game got this trophy, so easy you can get it right after you put the disc in the PlayStation for the 1st time. And I know what I'm talking about since I have the R2 Platinum, and I have put many, many hours in it.

I'd argue that 10,000 kills in R2 is a much easier trophy than a Royal Flush. You can figure how many kills per game you get and know after a certain number of games you will definitely have the trophy. Whereas, with the Royal Flush, even with 30,939:1 odds, you aren't guaranteed getting it even if you play 30,939 hands. You could easily play 100,000 hands and just have bad luck and never get it. I can't believe someone would even argue that this is an "easy" trophy simply because it doesn't require skill. This poll is NOT about skill. It is about how easy it is to obtain 100% of the trophies. You can sit around and press "X" for days on end, and NEVER get this.

• 2 weeks later...

Seriously, I've been playing various iterations of poker games, on all types of systems (cell phones, ps2, ps3, pc), over a 15 year span, and I've only gotten ONE Royal Flush.

If I had a gun to my head, I would say I've played at least 100,000 hands.

This sucker is a 10 for that reason alone.

But that won't stop me from trying...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
This poll should only have one option: 10. The odds of getting a royal flush are so small that very few people will ever achieve 100% on this game.

Yep, and I'm gonna be one of them...

lol StereoMike, you meant "I hope I'm gonna be one of them" :D you posted your message march the 23rd, and as of now (28th of october) you still don't have it ;)

I agree that the game freezes like crazy. Also this trophy is so time consuming that it's hard to find a serious boosting partner (they get bored and give up).

Personnaly I got this trophy boosting witrh myself ;) I got 2 ps3s at home and 2 turbo controllers. I just played Texas Super Hold'em (better odds) and set :cross: on turbo. I could go to bed and hope to get the trophy as I wake up lol. I got the trophy after 5 days but the game was often freezing.