186 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the platinum difficulty.

• 1 - Very easy.
    • 10 - Very hard.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't finished the platinum nor voted yet, but I'm leaning towards a two. There's one real multiplayer trophy (that might need some skill), two missable trophies, rest of them are very easy (although time consuming).

2/10

Is this game really time consuming? I looked at the trophy guide/road map, and it suggests that it'd take about 15 hours to get platinum - that doesn't seem time consuming compared to a lot of games.

I don't understand it... people complain when a game is long ("You mean it takes longer than 10 hours to plat?); and then they complain that a game is short ("I didn't get my money's worth from Hannah Montana").

Nothing hard here at all.

255km/h takes a bunch of tries, and hitting the monorail was a pain in the ass, but besides them every single trophy here is cake.

Grinding to get all the money for the upgrades and all cars was terrible.

I probably played the game an additional 8 hours after doing everything else just to get the money for the last few trophies.

That was boring and tedious.

I actually enjoyed the game up until the point of grinding.

2/10

Well, I wrote the guide, but forgot to vote lol. I'll settle at a 3 for this one. It turned out to be longer than expected [changed it from 15 hours to 20]. There are few missable trophies, although if you play on easy, it would be next to impossible to miss 2 of them. Also few slightly not hard but annoying trophies - monorail train, 255km/h, 999km/h. And the finisher - grind for $15 million. Like someone already said, it was decent up until you finished everything and only have to grind.

2. Can't rate this higher than Burnout Paradise.

- all trophies can be earned on easy.

- the AI is ridiculously stupid/incompetent. In fact, the hardest race was the one where you have to place second behind the really dumb AI, but ahead of the less dumb AI.

- other than that, the Top Speed races are the only difficult part. 250km/hr takes a few tries.

- stunts don't need to be landed to count - go nuts!

- the grind is boring, but not difficult.

- you don't need any of the high end cars to finish the story.

- online isn't very long and is easily boosted.

- Monorail trophy is easy. Buy the front brake Lvl5 device. Stop beneath the track and wait for the train. Pull up on the controller as the train pass by (car jumps straight up). Train engine will slide off the track and you can ram it.

OTOH, this game is poorly done, in a way that increases the frustration. And not in a the-programmers-have-increased-the-difficulty-way, but a the-programmers-are-incompetent-way.

- Spin out wa-a-ay too easily (even doing 40mph on a straightaway - huh?!?)

- tracks are marked badly - using the same pink arrow for the inside AND outside of a turn is poor design. Ditto for lane changes vs turns. Not a problem after the first lap, but it's poor communication.

- I received "Wrong Way!" messages when on a straightaway, well before the turn. This happened on several races, but IIRC, it was always on the side roads of the VVC freeway. Turning when they said to gave me more messages, and no more green on the minimap. Ignoring the message (going straight) meant everything was fine.

- on that note, sometimes the game is INCREDIBLY picky about going off the track, and sometimes its incredibly lax. The Krem-Nab course seems to be the worst. I drove on the sidewalk (on a road I was allowed to drive any lane) to cut a corner. There was a building right there, so I couldn't go that far. WRONG WAY. The corner before that, I drifted too far on to that sidewalk, into the nearby building (and the car went diagonal instead of horizontal - wedged somehow). WRONG WAY. The Tropics course is the same way when you're going through a shed.

- Very poor dark effects. If there's no street lights or no traffic, it's pretty hard to see anything. Ditto for a dark building shadow in the day.

- Freezing during the race load screen. This minimized when I realized it always happened on the Krem-Nab course.

- Race preview glitches - either showing the wrong track, or the white route would be a jumble of lines.

I honestly believe this game is $8 because Gaijin just said "screw it, it'll cost to much to fix. Just sell it as is for what we can get."

Edited by Stork77

• 2 weeks later...