Mini-Game Master

Dedemaru

I didn't really have problems with the crane game but the only tip I can maybe give you is don't be afraid to go for other prizes if they're in your way even if you've already gotten them. It will make getting the ones you need easier. I think on he crane game I mostly tried to grab the toys around the midsection

Congrats on beating batting and pool. I was on pool for hours and batting for days

I haven't realized what you wrote while I was editing my message. Thanks for the reply, got the stupid toy. The only mini game left is fishing.

For batting I recommend to put a small piece of tape on your tv as a crosshair. Write somewhere pitcher's speed on each shot, same in every game. If the speed is below 100 km/h focus on the movements of Kazuma, if it's above, focus on ball. All about timing.

For pool I guess luck items helped but i remember in advanced pool I owned the challenger, I think I didn't let the ai to make a lot of shots. The key here is to press triangle for a wide camera which helped me a lot and to have a good series. Dart caused me more trouble than pool. Good luck.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Mini-games are the same no matter which difficulty you play on. Ultimate skill is not affected by difficulty either.

thanks for the headups will try playing again this game after ROF :applause:

edit: not to say yakuza is bad or something like that. i just have many awesome games that still has to be played. lets say yakuza is on my waiting list (not on my go to hell list)

Edited by Hogger

• 2 weeks later...
Sitting at 15/16 Mini-games completed. Karaoke is kicking my ass and making me like it. Tone Deaf is my middle name apparently, its a shame that Yakuza 4 will also have these annoying ass mini-games in its Platinum. :thumbsdown:

Hopefully you're doing Karaoke on hard as it actually makes it a lot easier. It's my understanding that even tho Y4 will require you to play the mini games you won't have to master them as in Y3, at least that's how RgG4 is anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since they aren't protected, someone should put up a save with only one requirement missing, like easy dart or something. I can't golf -5, but I think I'll manage someday, but baseball and karaoke are annoying the crap out of me.

I think that if I can make it through all of the minigames, I'll see if my save can be shared...

edit: ok, now I HATE $%?&?&* Golf. I had -4, last hole, and the thing jumped on the hole twice even though I was next to it putter 1/2 power and barely touched X.

Edited by Gothdom

Since they aren't protected, someone should put up a save with only one requirement missing, like easy dart or something. I can't golf -5, but I think I'll manage someday, but baseball and karaoke are annoying the crap out of me.
If that were possible, wouldn't there be people who already released it by now?

If that were possible, wouldn't there be people who already released it by now?

Yeah, I guess I may be mistaken on the saves and that they are actually protected. I'm sorry, golf makes me angry and I don't think straight.

Wow, I'm finally done with golf!

Everything is about complete except karaoke and the batting cages. I found out that it's easier to win alone than with a "date" for karaoke, so I'm almost done...

as for the stupid batting cage, I hop I can manage at least one or two difficulties... cause so far, I hate it.

Yeah, I guess I may be mistaken on the saves and that they are actually protected. I'm sorry, golf makes me angry and I don't think straight.
That's ok. There's no need to say sorry. I wasn't saying that you were wrong. I'm just saying that it would have been more widely known, and there would be more threads and gamesaves everywhere on the Internet.

to be honest pool and darts were fairly enjoyable... i can't say that for koi-koi (i think) <- this shiity game where you have to get few cards to represent something... wow that was just... just... let's just say that for at least 5 rounds i didn't know what is going on, and to the end i only knew 3cards which gave like 5pts and always tried for this... if only pictures on the cards were different:(

now batting cages (hate it) and golf (-1 on first try) and plat is mine:D MINE!!!! muahahahahaha:D

Huh? Aren't you supposed to get the trophy after you reach -5, not -1? A glitch?

batting cages and golf are the ones which keep me from plat... played golf just once and got -1 so i think that -5 will come soon... but the cages... sheeeeit it's like trying to catch a fly... i need help from Mr. Miyagi, he was from Okinawa so where can i find him in Yakuza 3?;)

batting cages and golf are the ones which keep me from plat...
Oh, I simply misunderstood.

At first, I was getting 9th place in the golf tournament. :[

I tried golfing for a few hours and got -1, 2nd place, for the golfing substory. Ugh, -5 is going to be difficult. :mad:

I don't know where I read this tip for golf (maybe here but I've checked so many forums), but simply try to aim before the hole, like 5 yards, and give it backspin. I had a hole-in-onewith this tip.

If they give you the SW and you are in need of driving the ball, switch to an Iron and use 1/2 power.

For putting, each increment is 10yards, adjust the power to the terrain, 1/2 power each increments is 5 yards. Use the same tactics with the SW, but don't be afraid to use more power when you're in the bunker.

I'm nearly done with this crappy trophy, only Ex-hard in the batting cages left.... and I'll leave that for tomorrow as I'm getting pissed at the game right now.