Final Fantasy XIII Chat ***MASSIVE SPOILERS WITHIN****

olsen77

I actually did end up liking Hope. He was really whiny in the beginning, but when he made his resolve to kill Snow I ended up praising the kid. For one, I thought Snow was absolutely thick-headed and annoying with his pseudo-optimism just to compensate for the guilt he keeps feeling over being responsible for so many deaths. Sure, he was doing it to get to Serah whom he loves and proposed to, but by God: A half-baked rebellion always ends up in a god damned massacre. I was disappointed when I saw Hope on the verge of getting his revenge until they got blasted away by PSICOM...Argh!

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fang is hot, as are Australian accents. Actually, real accents in general are attractive, not nonexistant made-up-on-the-spot ones like Vanilles.

What are you on about? It really bugs me when people talk about Georgia Van Cuylenburg's 'made-up' accent for Vanille. She definitely sounds Australian the whole way through and if you listen to Cuylenburg speak in real life she sounds almost the same, except she speaks a little faster and more high-pitched. Which hits the nail on the head as far as Vanille's character is concerned to be honest. And, yes, the squeakyness does have an acquired taste, though as you learn more about the character it kind of fits and you forget about it.

I really didn't get the ending myself either, I don't think it was very well thought out. One second all of them but Vanille and Fang or Cie'th and the next they're not and Fang's threatening them for... God knows what reason then she's not.

Where the hell were the rest of the Fal'cie whilst all this were going on?

I liked that hope stopped being annoying by the end =D

Barthandelus' name translated means "deceiver", and the others turning into "Cie'th" is just an illusion he played on Fang and Vanille to get them to turn into Ragnarok.

Though, when I analyze the scenario I think he was trying to get Vanille to turn into Ragnarok for while Fang promised she'd protect her new "family" all of a sudden she just snaps? Very unlike her. You could see that Vanille was close to losing hope as well, which implied to me that Vanille was the intended host for Ragnarok.

In the end, they overcame the illusion and then beat down Orphan. Though Orphan is supposed to be the life source of Cocoon, Fang and Vanille decided instead to sacrifice themselves to become the crystal pillar that holds Cocoon away from Pulse for awhile longer while everyone starts to migrate.

As for the other fal'Cie, I don't think they were particularly privy to what Barthandelus was planning, so I think they just went on doing what they usually do.

It's because for about half of the game Vanille's accent fluctuates, either sounding different every time, or disappearing altogether.

I'm not the only one that notices this, lol. It becomes much more consistent and bearable in the second half of the game.

It was easy to emotionally feel empathy for lots of the characters. Who I felt sorry for the most was Cid Raines. For all intents and purposes he basically lost life as he knew it twice - Once when he turned to crystal and again permanently when he was revived only to be executed by his second-in-command.

I couldn't think of anything more foul and cruel than what Barthandelus did to Cid. It was horrible.

It was easy to emotionally feel empathy for lots of the characters. Who I felt sorry for the most was Cid Raines. For all intents and purposes he basically lost life as he knew it twice - Once when he turned to crystal and again permanently when he was revived only to be executed by his second-in-command.

I couldn't think of anything more foul and cruel than what Barthandelus did to Cid. It was horrible.

One of those dogs ATE a CHOCOBO. There will be BLOOD to pay.

One of those dogs ATE a CHOCOBO. There will be BLOOD to pay.

I was actually pretty suprised Square-Enix depicted one of their beloved trademark creatures in that manner, lol. But I understand why they did it. Gran Pulse is untamed and full of danger everywhere and that's the impression they wanted to give the players.

I was actually pretty suprised Square-Enix depicted one of their beloved trademark creatures in that manner, lol. But I understand why they did it. Gran Pulse is untamed and full of danger everywhere and that's the impression they wanted to give the players.

It's not possible to justify it, stop trying T__T

"My dreams are but a fal'Cie's plaything."

...Or something along those lines, I can't remember. I know what you mean though. I looked at Cid like he was a lunatic during the fight against him, but like the fal'Cie: He was looking for a way to escape his fate. It kinda felt awkward having to witness his death, because I thought he would have tried to influence the people in a certain way - Probably to divert from the fal'Cie. I guess that's what he meant when he said that line though, that everything he stood for was a fleeting dream, or maybe even a joke.

At first I thought Vanille and Fang had Australian accents only because Gran Pulse is "down under" Cocoon. Then I realized that they have Australian accents because they are fugitives in Cocoon.

Also, Sazh's line when they get to the chocobo grounds on Gran Pulse (something along the lines of "OOOOO I know that smell!") made me laugh so much. I wish Sazh learned Steal or Mug or you ran faster on the map when he was the party leader. However, I am surprised that he was so disciplined during the one on one scenes with Vanille.

Also, if they were to make a film, who would play what role?

Lightning - Milla Jovavich

Snow - Matthew McConaughey

Vanille - Ellie Kemper

Fang - Sophia Bush

Hope - pick some random Disney channel kid

Sazh - Will Smith or just some middle aged black guy off the street

Sorry guys. I just finished the game and a bowl and I am feeling expressive tonight.

I didn't dislike it. There was one BG song that really got on my nerves though, the one with like a chorus or something.

People just hating on her because they can. Her song was more fitting for this ending than it was for the trailer.

You mean the one during the Barthandelus fight? If it is, I know what you mean. Ha ha ha.