Rate the trophy difficulty...  

423 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_5.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.19

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.

Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by PainOfDemise

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give it an 8/10. Mainly because of the 'Hardcore' difficulty which is pretty difficult and can be frustrating sometimes. It will also test your patience as there are more than enough collectibles to pick up.

I've played for 6 hours and have picked up roughly 200+ collectibles out of the game's 3500+

u only need to collect 1000 out of 2700 resources:whistle:

yeah i figured that out after furthur investigating the trophies list it only goes up to 75% because at fist i just glanced and saw the 100% 100 locations but thought it was 100% the game:dance:

I give it an 8/10. Mainly because of the 'Hardcore' difficulty which is pretty difficult and can be frustrating sometimes. It will also test your patience as there are more than enough collectibles to pick up.

I've played for 6 hours and have picked up roughly 200+ collectibles out of the game's 3500+

I think you don't have to complete the game on hardcore difficulty to get any trophies.. This shouldn't be factored into your difficulty rating if it isn't.

voted a 3.

There is not one single hard trophy to get, a few ones that may take a few tries but nothing at all hard.

Hardcore mode was a joke, the start was a bit rough but within an hour you have so many ways to kill or tackle objectives its completely unfair to the enemy, I mean your pretty much a superhero in the game, there are just so many tools/weapons/options available to you, honestly nobody should get stuck in the game. If your having trouble, take a second a rethink things, tackle it a diff way, the game is a blast but even on hardcore there was pretty much no challenge. Your just to overpowered because of all the options at your disposal.

The only thing is it is extremely time consuming to platinum but that in no way equals hard.

voted a 3.

There is not one single hard trophy to get, a few ones that may take a few tries but nothing at all hard.

Hardcore mode was a joke, the start was a bit rough but within an hour you have so many ways to kill or tackle objectives its completely unfair to the enemy, I mean your pretty much a superhero in the game, there are just so many tools/weapons/options available to you, honestly nobody should get stuck in the game. If your having trouble, take a second a rethink things, tackle it a diff way, the game is a blast but even on hardcore there was pretty much no challenge. Your just to overpowered because of all the options at your disposal.

The only thing is it is extremely time consuming to platinum but that in no way equals hard.

I don't understand the people that get on these difficulty rating threads and rate a game ridiculously low and then go on to brag about how they never had any trouble and that hard was a joke and on and on and on. Congratulations if you're a master gamer who laughs in the face of any challenge that's thrown at you, apparently to flex your figurative muscles you have to get on here and rate the game in such a way that it displays your superiority over the rest of us. I haven't played yet on hardcore, I have been doing my first runthrough on normal. I have every trophy except those for Experienced and Hardcore completions, and I want to complete every location before I play the story at the harder difficulty. But let me tell you, when the amount of chaos you cause gets higher and higher, the military reacts accordingly and you fight more and more guys. I've encountered a group of three helicopters just for causing chaos in a frickin' village. So maybe you just stopped after the regular missions, but for those of us who are playing to get the full experience out of the game, this is not a 3 for difficulty. It's nothing impossible, but it ramps up to at least a 6. I mean if you reserve the 1 and 2 difficulty spots for kids games, then 3 has to be the adult games that are throwaways like Terminator, so an actual challenging game like this can't be lower than a 4/5. Come on, rate them properly.

That's all. You can take the soap box back.

I don't understand the people that get on these difficulty rating threads and rate a game ridiculously low and then go on to brag about how they never had any trouble and that hard was a joke and on and on and on. Congratulations if you're a master gamer who laughs in the face of any challenge that's thrown at you, apparently to flex your figurative muscles you have to get on here and rate the game in such a way that it displays your superiority over the rest of us. I haven't played yet on hardcore, I have been doing my first runthrough on normal. I have every trophy except those for Experienced and Hardcore completions, and I want to complete every location before I play the story at the harder difficulty. But let me tell you, when the amount of chaos you cause gets higher and higher, the military reacts accordingly and you fight more and more guys. I've encountered a group of three helicopters just for causing chaos in a frickin' village. So maybe you just stopped after the regular missions, but for those of us who are playing to get the full experience out of the game, this is not a 3 for difficulty. It's nothing impossible, but it ramps up to at least a 6. I mean if you reserve the 1 and 2 difficulty spots for kids games, then 3 has to be the adult games that are throwaways like Terminator, so an actual challenging game like this can't be lower than a 4/5. Come on, rate them properly.

That's all. You can take the soap box back.

wow whats up your ass? I gave MY opinion on the damn diff of a platinum from my experience with the game, sorry it twisted your panties in a bunch.

I mean what do you want me to say? Tell the opposite of my actual opinion of the game.

Its called a frickn opinion, you would do well learning what the hell that is

oh and the real kicker is you yourself havent even played it on hardcore like you said....yet you come in here and shit all over my own opinion again off my own experience, your whole post about me is not only ignorant but its all assumption...wtf is wrong with some of you...

sorry to drag this on but this guy is just to funny, I love how your opinion is the right one, mine however is not, again, perhaps learn what the word opinion means, also just because you have trouble on normal doesnt mean everyone will etc etc etc.

gotta love the idiots that tell ppl how to rate or their own frickn opinion is wrong..fckn idiot

Let me get this straight one more time, cause really this is pretty out there...your actually telling me or others how to rate games not off of their own experience but off of yours....really does this not sound utterly stupid to you?

Im also curious to see what trophies you find hard....at all. Again in my own opinion, every single trophy in the game is easy, just alot will take a ton of time. Im not bragging, talking down on anyone just rating the diff of plat and why....just like this topic was created for.....amazing concept isnt it

Edited by Psychodrama

wow whats up your ass? I gave MY opinion on the damn diff of a platinum from my experience with the game, sorry it twisted your panties in a bunch.

I mean what do you want me to say? Tell the opposite of my actual opinion of the game.

Its called a frickn opinion, you would do well learning what the hell that is

oh and the real kicker is you yourself havent even played it on hardcore like you said....yet you come in here and shit all over my own opinion again off my own experience, your whole post about me is not only ignorant but its all assumption...wtf is wrong with some of you...

sorry to drag this on but this guy is just to funny, I love how your opinion is the right one, mine however is not, again, perhaps learn what the word opinion means, also just because you have trouble on normal doesnt mean everyone will etc etc etc.

gotta love the idiots that tell ppl how to rate or their own frickn opinion is wrong..fckn idiot

Let me get this straight one more time, cause really this is pretty out there...your actually telling me or others how to rate games not off of their own experience but off of yours....really does this not sound utterly stupid to you?

I think you're exaggerating my post just a little. I never claimed that the game is a particular difficulty and any other rating is false, I'm just saying that the people that rate game as a 1, 2, or 3 always seem to do so as an effort to fuel their ego by showing how superior they are as a gamer. Maybe I'm wrong and that's not the case with you, and maybe Hardcore is such a small step up in difficulty that you are correct in saying it isn't a tough platinum, but regardless, I would think such a low number as a 3 would be reserved for games you can platinum in an afternoon and without moments of frustration or changes in tactics. Just the fact that the military reacts to your actions and sends wave after wave of enemies who infinitely respawn and get tougher the further you progress means you are bound to at least die on many occasions while trying to take over bases. I would give a 3 or lower to games I get through without deaths, or without frustrating moments, or that take almost no time at all to get through. You are right in saying that it is an opinion, and if I offended you that wasn't my intention, but the above is all my opinion. Neither of us are an authoritative opinion on the matter cause it's all subjective anyway. I just don't want people to get the wrong impression about the difficulty of the game, cause while it certainly isn't impossible, I wouldn't call it a cake walk at all times either.

Guys, take it to PM's please, no one cares about your little argument here anymore. Thank you.

Not done with the game yet, but I started on Hardcore and Normal at the same time, and Hardcore doesn't really seem much more difficult to me than normal does. I chose normal for my 75% (Maybe I'll even try 100) Playthrough as I just wanted to have fun blowing up stuff.

Currently I think it'll be a 4/10 or something, nothing really hard yet, just time consuming. Even though finding all 104 vehicles can be pretty though, without DLC (lucky I got some. :p)

I'll edit this post once I've got my plat.

Guys, take it to PM's please, no one cares about your little argument here anymore. Thank you.

Not done with the game yet, but I started on Hardcore and Normal at the same time, and Hardcore doesn't really seem much more difficult to me than normal does. I chose normal for my 75% (Maybe I'll even try 100) Playthrough as I just wanted to have fun blowing up stuff.

Currently I think it'll be a 4/10 or something, nothing really hard yet, just time consuming. Even though finding all 104 vehicles can be pretty though, without DLC (lucky I got some. :p)

I'll edit this post once I've got my plat.

What changes in Hardcore since you've played both difficulties? Are there more enemies/does Heat level go up quicker? Or is it all the same and you just take more damage?

I would think such a low number as a 3 would be reserved for games you can platinum in an afternoon and without moments of frustration or changes in tactics. r.

you yourself should read the guidelines, length or how long it takes does not and shouldnt be a factor in rating a games platinum diff.

The game is an easy platinum, just time consuming. Why you chose me to shit on when others are also rating it low is beyond me.

Also sorry for my language and lashing out but your post towards me was absolutely ignorant and you based everything you said towards me off assumption.

Edited by Psychodrama

you yourself should read the guidelines, length or how long it takes does not and shouldnt be a factor in rating a games platinum diff.

The game is an easy platinum, just time consuming. Why you chose me to shit on when others are also rating it low is beyond me.

Also sorry for my language and lashing out but your post towards me was absolutely ignorant and you based everything you said towards me off assumption.

To clarify one of your points, the guidelines state that length does not necessarily equal difficult, it does not omit the fact that length does play a role in difficulty, it merely says that they are not one in the same. Sorry if you felt like you were being targeted directly, it is merely the idea that was being targeted.

Just got my Plat. I give it a 4/10. Hardcore can be frustrating at times with checkpoints, but it was never really impossible. The only difficult trophy to get was the "Trying Everything Once", but with DLC or once the Leisureliner mystery is solved that will become just another timesink. The game will take a long time to finish, but never really felt like a grind until the last 10% of the "Perfectionist" trophy.

Just got my Plat. I give it a 4/10. Hardcore can be frustrating at times with checkpoints, but it was never really impossible. The only difficult trophy to get was the "Trying Everything Once", but with DLC or once the Leisureliner mystery is solved that will become just another timesink. The game will take a long time to finish, but never really felt like a grind until the last 10% of the "Perfectionist" trophy.

How long for the plat? Im 105 hours in still playing ff 13 so if its shorter than that I should find it a breeze. Would it be more like the saboteur?