God of War III Trophy Guide & Road Map

jamby

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cestus are way better fully upgraded then the Blades of Exile. Here's my recommendation if you get all the chests, and kill the enemies with good solid combos you should have the Blades of Exile to level 4 when you get to Hercules . Now since the Blades of Exile are 10,000 orbs spend everything on the Cestus. You spend only 3,000 orbs more on the first 3 upgrades of the Cestus then the last upgrade of the Blades. Finally get 8,000 orbs, upgrade the Cestus to the last level, then get 10,000 orbs and upgrade the Blades of Exile fully.

In my opinion YOU WANT THE CESTUS UPGRADED ASAP AFTER YOU GET THEM!!!! They are very helpful in some of the harder parts later in the game such as the Labyrinth and the Battle against Zeus.

Essentially it's right after you enter the Pit of Tartarus. You want to go down the walkway a little bit to get as many enemies as possible then run back towards the save point. There's an invisible wall and you want to press :l1: and :circle:, and just keep doing that until you get over 1000 hits.

Remember, do not level the Claws of Hades up past level 2.

I did it at this location using this method last night. My difficulty was on easy and my claws were at level 4. You can have your claws leveled up but you have to make sure you have enough enemies there. I went down a few more ramps than the guy in the video and had about 10-12 skeletons at the mouth of the cave waiting for me. I even screwed up a couple of times and the combo counter reset once at just over 100 and once at about 250. And I still managed to get the 1000 hits before everyone died. When I was finished, there were still 4 or 5 skeletons left standing.

One other thing that you should note in this section of the guide is that when doing the Soul Rip, Kratos inches backwards so if you're not paying attention, you could actually inch back far enough that you miss hitting anyone. If you're not careful, the counter will reset. That's what happened to me. So, every 100 or so hits, run forward a couple of steps before doing the Soul Rip again but do it quick enough so that the counter doesn't reset.

Great guide, by the way.

D