Ace Trick - Die without Dying

Drovor

I found a trick that lets you Die without losing a life... this was very helpful in a few levels as you can imagine. ;)

As long as you can pause the game before the death registers you can teleport back to your last checkpoint.

1. Pause the game

2. Turn off controller (Hold PS button & Turn off controller)

3. Wait 10 seconds

4. Turn on controller

voila, you reappear at your last checkpoint with no penalty.

If you find this useful please send me an invite and check out + heart me & my levels!!

PSN: Drovor

Edited by Drovor

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a trick that lets you Die without losing a life... this was very helpful in a few levels as you can imagine. ;)

As long as you can pause the game before the death registers you can teleport back to your last checkpoint.

1. Pause the game

2. Turn off controller (Hold PS button & Turn off controller)

3. Wait 10 seconds

4. Turn on controller

voila, you reappear at your last checkpoint with no penalty.

If you find this useful send me an invite and check out my levels!!

PSN: Drovor

Wow. Just. . . WOW.

Seriously. Now everyone who has the Ace trophy I hold no more props too. :( Cheesers. :(

This is helping me beat Bunker without dying. If you hit something, even electricity, do this fast enough, and you lose no lives!

You don't lose a life until you get to the checkpoint after being electrocuted, but I think touching the electricity makes you lose the Ace anyway.

Because of that, even using this cheat you need mad skills on most of the hard levels - like the bunker. Its the fire pits that this is really cheap on.

You don't lose a life until you get to the checkpoint after being electrocuted, but I think touching the electricity makes you lose the Ace anyway.

Because of that, even using this cheat you need mad skills on most of the hard levels - like the bunker. Its the fire pits that this is really cheap on.

damn, the electricity on the wheel on the bunker was my main problem, i guess this cheat/trick is sort of pointless then.

That will stop you from losing a life, but to get the Ace you have to do it before you die... like if you know you missed a jump.

exactly, like if you're falling into fire, or know you're not going to make it. you have to be quick about it. If you've already hit electricity, or spikes, it wont do it. i just tested both.

sadly, it really wont help during levels that it would be the most help on. i figured it would be good for the bunker, but if it doesn't help against electricity, it doesnt help at all on that level.

Interesting side note to this. I was testing it and noticed that it makes it VERY easy to dress you're sackboy as the 'electrified skeleton'. Go 'naked' and jump into some electricity and do this trick. Alot of times when you respawn, you'll permanently have the 'electrified' look. You can then save this and do other things with it.

I painted my sackboy black then did this and it looks like a glowing skeleton, pretty cool I also put a tuxedo on him with the pumpkin head and it looks like the pumpkin is glowing.