12 Days of Christmas - Discussion Thread

staytrue1985

12-Days-of-xmas.png?format=1500w

If days = trophies and the song has 12 days but every day prior is counted again that means 364 trophies! Tis the season.

Event Times

Event Prerequisites

• To participate, you need to have joined the site on (or before) 1st November 2023 AND have over 50 posts. This is restricted to playstationtrophies.org members ONLY. Becoming a Subscriber negates the post count and join date requirements.
  • There is no sign-up thread for this event as the goals aren’t changing depending on participants. Simply chat in here and submit when necessary. 

Event Rules

• You must complete our very own 12 days of Christmas song. Just like the original song, you start at 1 and repeat each day you have already earned.

On the 12th day of Trophymas my true love gave to me....

12 platters platting,

11 noisers noising,

10 bronzers bronzing,

9 NPCs dancing,

8 coloured tiles,

7 easies peasing,

6 eggs a rounding,

5 gold trophieeeeeeeeessssss,

4; a perfect sequence,

3 French games,

2; a trophy pair,

And a platinum with very rarity.

So just what do you have to do? Read on. This is a community event, so you need to work together to clear each step to get to the next step. As many people as needed can contribute to each step of the song. For instance, for 12 platters platting, you could have 12 people earn 1 platinum each, 1 person earn all 12, or 1 person earn 6 and then 3 people earn 2. As long as you get to the right number, you're golden. All trophies must be below 80% rarity on PSNP unless stated otherwise. 

A platinum with very rarity - earn a platinum with a rarity of under 10% in PSNP.
2; a trophy pair - you and a partner of your choice have to earn a trophy with exactly the same name (this can simply be the same trophy).
3 French games - earn three trophies from any French game developer or publisher.
4; a perfect sequence - earn 4 trophies in a row, a bronze, silver, gold, then platinum. 
5 gold trophieeeeeeeeessssss - earn 5 gold trophies.
6 eggs a rounding - earn 6 trophies with either an egg, a circle, or an oval in the trophy image tile.
7 easies peasing - earn 7 trophies with a rarity of above 90%.

8 coloured tiles - earn 8 trophies each with a different dominant colour. 

9 NPCs dancing - earn 9 trophies which name an NPC in either the title or description.
10 bronzers bronzing - earn 10 bronze trophies.
11 noisers noising - earn 11 trophies that contain an object that can create noise.
12 platters platting - earn 12 platinum trophies.

Example

The days of the song have to be completed in order, including the way they repeat.

Day 1

Day 1 and then Day 2

Day 1 and then Day 2 and then Day 3

and so on. 

• Multiple "Days" of the song can be completed on any given day in December. As a community you can complete as many "Days" of the song as you want, in as few or as many days as you wish. 
  • All trophies used must be earned during December 2023.
  • Trophies can only be used once, and cannot be used for more than one task.
  • However, trophies used for the community task can also be used for the solo task, so plan wisely. 
  • We will allow the tasks to be simply submitted order, doesn't matter which order the trophies are earned in, but only for that "Day" in question. For instance if the group is on "Day 7" and working on those 7 tasks, then it doesn't matter order those trophies are earned in, but nothing earned prior to the final trophy of "Day 6" will be eligible. This will allow potentially 7 (or more) people to all work on each of the 7 tasks for that "Day" at the same time.
  • Colours - these are the only ones we will accept: Red, yellow, green, blue, orange, pink, purple, brown, black, white, grey, bronze, silver, gold.
  • NPCs - named NPCs only. No group names (such as kill 10 soldiers). 

Solo Award

There is also a solo award available, but there are a few caveats:

• The solo award is only available if the community award has been earned.
  • You only need to complete each task once.
  • A task is the full number in that task. 8 coloured tiles means 8 trophies, you just do it once. 
  • The tasks can be completed in any order.
  • You can submit solo tasks whenever you want, but it'd be wise to line them up with the community tasks. 
  • You can only work on one solo task at a time. Once you submit that task all prior trophies become ineligible. 
  • Task 12 solo - this requires 12 trophies from the same game, and only one of them needs to be the platinum. 

Edited by staytrue1985
  • Haha 1

SEE THE SUBMISSIONS THREAD (SECOND POST) TO SEE THIS TRACKED. 

The song:

A platinum with very rarity.

2; a trophy pair,

3 French games,
2; a trophy pair,

4; a perfect sequence,
3 French games,
2; a trophy pair,

5 gold trophieeeeeeeeessssss,
4; a perfect sequence,
3 French games,
2; a trophy pair,

6 eggs a rounding,
4; a perfect sequence,
3 French games,
2; a trophy pair,

7 easies peasing,
6 eggs a rounding,
4; a perfect sequence,
3 French games,
2; a trophy pair,

8 coloured tiles,
7 easies peasing,
6 eggs a rounding,
4; a perfect sequence,
3 French games,
2; a trophy pair,

9 NPCs dancing,
8 coloured tiles,
7 easies peasing,
6 eggs a rounding,
4; a perfect sequence,
3 French games,
2; a trophy pair,

10 bronzers bronzing,
9 NPCs dancing,
8 coloured tiles,
7 easies peasing,
6 eggs a rounding,
4; a perfect sequence,
3 French games,
2; a trophy pair,

11 noisers noising,
10 bronzers bronzing,
9 NPCs dancing,
8 coloured tiles,
7 easies peasing,
6 eggs a rounding,
4; a perfect sequence,
3 French games,
2; a trophy pair,

12 platters platting,
11 noisers noising,
10 bronzers bronzing,
9 NPCs dancing,
8 coloured tiles,
7 easies peasing,
6 eggs a rounding,
4; a perfect sequence,
3 French games,
2; a trophy pair,

Edited by staytrue1985

We have not decided just how much contribution will be needed for credit for the community award. It's a hard one to judge as someone earning one trophy but that being a sub 10% platinum is much more of a contribution than someone earning a few colour trophies.

Edited by staytrue1985

43 minutes ago, Barra333 said:

Interesting event...

In with my clarification questions...

1. Do the trophies have earned in order, or simply submitted in order?

2. For the solo part of it, I assume we need to do the number of things too? ie. 8 coloured trophies, not just one.

1. We are going to go with a bit of a hybrid system. We will allow the tasks to be simply submitted order, doesn't matter which order the trophies are earned in, but only for that "Day" in question. For instance if the group is on "Day 7" and working on those 7 tasks, then it doesn't matter order those trophies are earned in, but nothing earned prior to the final trophy of "Day 6" will be eligible. This will allow potentially 7 (or more) people to all work on each of the 7 tasks for that "Day" at the same time. 

(Does that make sense?)

2. Correct. 

Looks like a fun event, but I'm curious how the timing will affect people aiming for the solo goal. It says each task must be completed at least once, but what if someone beats you to it before you can submit it?

Like for example, earning a rare plat. Since only 1 is needed to move the song forward, someone could earn one first and submit it, then you wouldn't be able to submit for it until the song wraps around back to the start again. But by then someone else may pop their plat before you can submit yours too! 

I guess what I mean to ask is can we prepare all of our 12 tasks and pop them whenever we'd like, and use them to submit at a later time when the opportunity becomes available?

9 hours ago, staytrue1985 said:

Well I hope everyone took our advice to prepare a sub-10% platinum in the weekend's QTE very seriously, because you're going to need 12 of them!

I didn't get a notification for this QTE even though I'm subscribed to the forum :( Wish I had known so I could have participated!

9 hours ago, LionSquid said:

Is Quebec French?

No. 

7 hours ago, Jerry Appleby said:

Looks like a fun event, but I'm curious how the timing will affect people aiming for the solo goal. It says each task must be completed at least once, but what if someone beats you to it before you can submit it?

Like for example, earning a rare plat. Since only 1 is needed to move the song forward, someone could earn one first and submit it, then you wouldn't be able to submit for it until the song wraps around back to the start again. But by then someone else may pop their plat before you can submit yours too! 

I guess what I mean to ask is can we prepare all of our 12 tasks and pop them whenever we'd like, and use them to submit at a later time when the opportunity becomes available?

I didn't get a notification for this QTE even though I'm subscribed to the forum :( Wish I had known so I could have participated!

From da rulez: "However, trophies used for the community task can also be used for the solo task, so plan wisely. "

It says can, not must. You can submit solo tasks whenever you want, but it'd be pretty selfish to submit them at a time that suits yourself rather than a time that benefits everyone with the community goal. 

3 hours ago, Martz said:

Untitled Goose Game and Hogwarts Legacy

Thanks. The Boy, The Groundskeeper, and The Headmaster are all fine. :) 

9 hours ago, Jerry Appleby said:

From my question yesterday, only trophies earned while a task is current count for the community goal. So if the next task up is the rare plat and you and I both get one and I submit first, yours can't go to the community goal but still counts for your solo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Barra333 said:

From my question yesterday, only trophies earned while a task is current count for the community goal. So if the next task up is the rare plat and you and I both get one and I submit first, yours can't go to the community goal but still counts for your solo.

Exactly this. Thank you, Barra.

Which would then make it wise for people to discuss when sub-10% plats are to be earned as you guys really don't want to be wasting those. 

Wrapping back around from my question for the QTE regarding sub-10% plats, what happens if the plat was eligible for the QTE, but goes above 10% before it can get submitted for this? I assume I just get screwed since there's no pre-submission here or does my declaration of intent from the QTE get carried over to here?

7 minutes ago, Walt the Dog said:

Wrapping back around from my question for the QTE regarding sub-10% plats, what happens if the plat was eligible for the QTE, but goes above 10% before it can get submitted for this? I assume I just get screwed since there's no pre-submission here or does my declaration of intent from the QTE get carried over to here?

If that did happen I'm sure we could show you some Xmas spirit and allow it anyway. :) 

• Like 1

Obviously not exhaustive, but this will give you a start...

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/306902-eastys-made-in-france-20-motm-club/#comment-6193145

And this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_game_companies_of_France

Note that ubisoft is French. 

Edited by Barra333
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barra333 said:

giphy.gif

13 hours ago, Barra333 said:

This helps clear it up perfectly, thank you!

Ok, well I will get planning on trophies to use then, but with December being the busiest month of the year for me, I doubt I will have enough time to get the solo goal done, so I'll see what community targets I can help with instead!