• 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-99 Hours
    • 100-499 Hours
    • 500-999 Hours
    • 1000+ Hours

Ht6nerK.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the platinum.
  6. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  7. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the platinum.
  8. Vote with honesty and integrity.
  • Thanks 1

Time: 10h10m55s according to my final save-file.

Difficulty: Personally I'd give it a 6/10. But then you have to consider the following as well (by PowerPyx):

• 3/10 using Maximum Security Exploit (start game on Max Security > switch it to Easy in game options > play through it on Easy > after final boss make manual save, change it back to Max Security to pop the trophy, if it doesn’t work on first try reboot game, click continue, change to max sec again and rewatch final cutscene.)
  • 5/10 doing it legit if doing an Easy playthrough first to learn enemy placements and Maximum Security in 2nd playthrough
  • 6/10 doing it legit, starting on Maximum Security difficulty and doing everything in 1 Playthrough

Also don't forget the Accessibility menu which makes the game a lot more easier to complete with options like "auto-dodge". Nothing enabled in this menu will void and trophy unlock.

Playthroughs done: 1 on Maximum Security difficulty.

Version completed on: 1.05 and 1.06 (update happened during playthrough)

Death count: 100+

Bugs/Glitches: 1 blue screen crash during chapter 6, that's it.

Most used weapons: Stun Baton, Riot Shotgun and the Assault Rifle. Ignored all others.

This game felt more like a Dead Space spin-off / DLC. I was very much looking forward to this about a year ago. I even bought the season pass. Still too short of a content. Not much variety in enemies and bosses across all eight chapters. Personally I somewhat enjoyed it but Callisto Protocol doesn't hold a candle to Dead Space 1 and 2, regardless of creator Glen Schofield. My preference lies in cutting limbs from Necromorphs with a Plasma Cutter, this shit never gets boring but beating on swollen jacked up mutants with a stun baton does. Trust me!

• Like 3

Difficulty: 4/10 with exploit.

Time: 15 hours.

This could've been my 2022 goty if it were longer and had more variety in enemies and weapons.

Overall it's a good game, hard and fun. But not everyone is going to like it.

And it's beautiful to look at, insane graphics.

As for trophies, you need to beat the game on the hardest difficulty but that's easy with the exploit.

Edited by CrazyRap
  • Like 2

Just got the platinum trophy i give this game a 4. I enjoyed it for the most part but i feel like the story dlc is going to be a buy the games true ending dlc. My play time was 11h 35 m 50 s by the same file.

I honestly felt the game was too short, also loot was too random and there was no storage system and upgrades for you hp and storage are too late in the game. The healing system is super painful to use and expensive/rare to get.

• Like 1

4/10 - Using the exploit and playing on easiest difficulty (changing the difficulty before finishing the game is like the first thing you're gonna try when looking for "exploits", the devs must be terribly lazy for missing out on this), I give most of the other recent games 3/10 because it barely needs any effort and you don't really die in games nowadays. This one is a bit more difficult, as it uses old school health (can't just hide to restore health but you need to collect medikits with a limited inventory), and even on easiest difficulty you die in a few hits so when there's more than one enemy you can be in trouble. With that said, it's not super difficult either, you never really run out of ammo so I'm sure you could potentially run & gun throughout the whole game. I opted for a defensive strategy, meleeing most enemies, and once you're confortable with the combat system there's nothing really hard (and you have accessibility settings that make dodging a bit easier too). The last boss isn't particularly hard either, just need to be careful of the mobs around the area.

Voted 11-15 hours but both my playthroughs took me less than 8 hours. First playthrough blind, taking my time, etc. Second playthrough getting collectibles, knowing where enemies would be made this a lot easier too. So I'd say the platinum can be done in 10 hours, and 8 hours if going for the second stack (possibly less with clever saves, not sure how the save transfer works).

• 3 weeks later...

Generally a 4 difficulty due to the combat system being relatively lenient and ammo plenty. Few difficulty spikes to be aware of on maximum security. Took me around 20-25hrs with a regular/blind then maximum difficulty playthrough obtaining collectibles. 

Be very aware that if you collect an audio tape then die before the next auto save you’ll need to pick it back up again. I was burnt by this. Also I installed several patches through my time with the game which apparently bugged out my maximum security trophy which I then needed to go out my way to glitch. I recommend starting that trophy on a stable patch or not patching at all throughout the course of that playthrough. 

Harcore mode update: 6/10 difficulty providing you have good knowledge and are confident with Maximum Security. My best advice:

*Try not to use any ammo except for the two head and end boss fights. Only use ammo for dealing with the explosive crawling enemies if you can help it. 
*Use colour blind mode which helps with the fan section and any area with multiple enemies - it also highlights those egg enemies that grab you and highlights the ‘real’ enemies in the frozen sections of the game

*Remember that when an enemy has only one arm they can only do a one hit combo

*Invest in the baton, gravity arm, starting pistol and the shotgun Dani gives you. Try not to buy any more guns otherwise you’ll ‘dilute’ the potential ammo drops

*After several stage 1 and 2 upgrades horde money for ammo in case you need it as you can lock yourself out of completion if you don’t have enough ammo for the bosses. A float of about 1000-2000 will potentially really help you out. Ofc on the last boss you can go all out

Contagion mode update: 7-8/10. Use the strategies above but also use cloud saves after each chapter providing you do not die on that run (restore cloud save upon death if needed). 

Honestly I feel like I cannot play this campaign any longer after 8 playthroughs. It’s far too repetitive. I sincerely hope that there are no further updates to the campaign and it is finally put to rest :(

Edited by AshenOne
Trophy pack update
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Gave it a 6/10 because it glitched and I had to do an additional playthrough. 

I did 4 total playthroughs so 36-50 hour vote for me but realistically it’s a less than 25 hour game. You can do an easy playthrough to get the logs and then new game plus on maximum security and you should be set. 

I enjoyed playing it, but it’s pretty much Dead Space. 

EDIT on 6/27/23 [Final Transmission DLC Update]:

If you're someone that just likes to get platinums, the base game is relatively easy. It's possible to platinum Callisto on your first playthrough, otherwise you can platinum it in NG+ with upgrades and the platinum becomes a simple 3/10. However, if you're someone like me that likes to 100%  games & DLC add-on, I do not recommend this game! After launch, they threw in 5 add-ons: New Game Plus, Hardcore Mode, Contagion Mode, Riot Mode and Final Transmission.

New Game Plus should have been included with the base game at launch, but it took them a few months to implement.

Hardcore Mode made enemies super tough, made you super weak, and ammo/credit drops from dead enemies are cut in half. You restart the entire campaign from scratch with no upgrades, so this mode is an absolute slog. Plus for trophy purposes, you have to beat this mode twice.

Contagion Mode was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. It's Hardcore Mode AGAIN (tougher enemies, you're weak, replay the entire campaign from scratch), but with permadeath. Screw up at any point - including the waterslide fans in Chp. 4 - and it's game over. This mode can be cheesed using a cloud save strategy, but is still a pain in the ass. Contagion Mode marked the third add-on that asked the player to "play the entire campaign again, but harder", with zero new content.

Riot Mode is genuinely fun. They took the arcadey combat and created a wave-based arcade mode around it. Props to whoever designed Riot Mode because they actually did a good job there.

Then today, they released Final Transmission. I enjoyed the final chapter DLC, even if the story ends on a downer. Regardless, Hardcore Mode & Contagion Mode are giant wastes of everyone's time and anyone out there curious about purchasing the game should be made aware. I do not recommend Callisto based on those two modes alone. Getting 100% in this game is not fun and not worth it.

Edited by NotZach02
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I picked up the platinum this evening. I would rate the difficulty as 5/10 and it took me 24 hrs. 

My initial play through was on normal difficulty (medium security) and then I done a second play through on the hardest difficulty (maximum security) on new game plus. All of your weapons, upgrades, credits and collectibles carry over to new game plus. 

I actually progressed through the story much quicker on the higher difficulty as by that time I had learned the ropes and knew all of the enemy placements. A lot of battles you can play it smart by using the GRP for environmental kills or throwing enemies off platforms. In some areas you can spawn an enemy and quickly retreat so that you can deal with that enemy on his own without spawning others. It can be easy to get overwhelmed if you bring too many enemies into the picture at the one time.

The final boss is a fairly challenging battle mainly because you have to keep an eye out for other exploding enemies whilst still trying to deal with the boss at the same time. You lose a lot more health when taking a hit on the higher difficulty thus I would recommend at least 3 health packs and plenty of assault rifle ammo for that last battle. 

The trophy list is good. There are plenty of opportunities to get all of the combat trophies done early doors. The bulk of the trophies are story related and will come naturally. There is one collectible related trophy for finding all data bios. Most of these you will find easy enough if you explore all routes thoroughly although it is best to check a guide if you want to get them all in the one play through. 

Overall, I had a great time with this game. I liked the linear approach and the story. I enjoyed the melee style combat and it was fun exploring the optional areas for pick ups. My only criticism would be that there was no option to skip cut scenes thus a lot of unnecessary time was added to the second play through. 

• 7 months later...

I gave the platinum a 3. Going in I thought it was gonna be a 5 but the gameplay is so simple (and boring). You just hold left and you win. Once I realized this, there was little challenge for the awful melee combat. None of the trophies are hard to get. I got all the bio logs naturally by just exploring.  All the combat ones you’ll get naturally. Very simple. Took about 10 hours on my first run of exploring everything. 

I did a second run on maximum security difficulty while play NG+ and just blitz the second run in like 3 hours. Honestly the hardest thing was me getting the will power to even play this game a second time cause it’s a bad game imo. Overall it’s very easy. NG+ makes the challenge non existent.

I have to rant now. Speaking of just the game, the combat sucks cause the melee is clunky and boring and mindless. Boses are boring. You hold left and win every fight. They do the same move again and again and again without changing. The story was dull and forgettable. The ending was GARBAGE! The “true ending” with the dlc was actually worse than the main games ending imo cause it added nothing and was still broken off to sell for $15. Game review wise, I’d give this a 4/10. Beautiful game with amazing mocap  that’ll make your jaw drop at times with the lighting, but nothing of substance anywhere else, especially in combat and enemy designs. I was so bored at times on my first run cause nothing would happen for so long I was literally watching videos during this crawling simulator of a game. Glad I got this on ps+.  Don’t spend $70 on this crap. 

• 1 month later...

Don't believe the trophy guide, there's no way this platinum is a 7/10. I would say it's a 4/10 if you do 1 playthrough on maximum security, and a 3/10 if you do a playthrough on minimum security then do maximum security in NG+, you'll carry over all your upgrades and whatnot. Just make sure to only upgrade the hand cannon, stun baton, GRP, and riot gun. Don't even purchase the other guns, trust me.

Also, the amazing youtuber Optinoob made an excellent guide for this game that makes it pretty easy to platinum in a single playthrough. I wish I had found his guide before I did an entire playthrough on minimum security lol oh well, at least it's a pretty short game.