PST FIFA World Cup 2022 Fantasy Football

JMeeks

24 minutes ago, AshtimusPrime said:

This is so much effort. I remember why I only took part in FPL for about two seasons eight years ago or whatever it was. Couldn't keep up with this for a whole season.

To be fair this requires more effort than FPL.

Changing captains, quicker turnaround in 'gameweeks'.

1 hour ago, sevenpanda said:

This scoring system is insane

How does Acuna (no G/A, no clean sheet, yellow card) get 7 points, whereas Dumfries (no G/A, no clean sheet, two yellows) gets -2? Surely you don’t lose nine points for a red card? 😂

Acuna got a cunt cleanie (as did Militao) and ‘won’ the penalty which counts as an assist, and in this game you only get 1 point for 60 minutes instead of 2, plus -1 for every goal you concede after your first, and he also gave away the penalty so another -1, and the two bookings.

Edited by Darth_Krid

27 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Acuna got a cunt cleanie (as did Militao) and ‘won’ the penalty which counts as an assist, and in this game you only get 1 point for 60 minutes instead of 2, plus -1 for every goal you concede after your first, and he also gave away the penalty so another -1, and the two bookings.

Ah I forgot he'd been subbed off before the end haha - explains it then

On 12/9/2022 at 2:13 PM, Hirilorn said:

To be fair this requires more effort than FPL.

Changing captains, quicker turnaround in 'gameweeks'.

True that,  It's obviously a far shorter period of time but it's much more involved with so many condensed games.  Throw in the captain changes, manual subs and ability to transfer unlocked players mid gameweek and it all get's a bit hectic. Doesn't have to be of course,  Can always roll the dice, stick with first choice captain and let the game do manual subs.

On 12/10/2022 at 10:32 AM, Darth_Krid said:

The scoring is still shit though, and Militao didn’t even get his points for 3 hours after 😂

The scoring is awful and the penalties are brutal (like Arry's).  It's amazing that they managed to churn out such a shitshow even with changes before it all started.

Edited by JMeeks

2 hours ago, Hirilorn said:

I forgot to activate the Power Captain chip.

AMA!

I was trying to work out when you’d used it as I was sure you hadn’t. You didn’t even pick a captain today so you could swap. Makes sense now!

Still advantage you with that Gvardiol goal, I’ll need whoever you don’t captain out of Messi or Mbappe to score a hat trick to get double their points (or a random defender like Theo again!) and hope your captain does nothing.

Worst part is when Sosa wasn’t playing I was deciding between Gvardiol and Hakimi to replace him. I fancied Croatia more (as shown in predictions) but I already had Livakovic so wanted to spread the risk of clean sheets, especially knowing everyone else would have Hakimi so I went a little defensive. Could cost me the title as I’d have 16 point captain as it stands and you’d have no advantage of him :(

16 hours ago, Platt said:

Well Hiri, I would congratulate you but I’m not sure if there’s still a random points recalculation set to take place in 24 days. The less said about this site and game,

the better.

I have been checking the site every few hours fully expecting to have somehow lost nine points.:rofl:

Shambles of a site.

Congrats again ya bastard! Tried to go different and stock up on French defenders but both were as useless as each other.

Only option I had was Di Maria when I saw he was starting but a) didn’t want Argentina to win and would be backing their striker, and b) would be counter productive when I’d gone extra on French defenders.

Gvardiol was the main regret but can’t help these things, we’d have been tied I think 😂 won’t miss the shitness of this game but I did like how the scoring made it tense. 

Not looking forward to FPL being back that’s for sure 😂

Congratz to our winner @Hirilorn (G) who edged it by 8 points :applause:@Darth_Krid(S) was a close second and only 1 point off him was @Platt(B) who makes up our HoF entrants.

A shame the platform was such a shitshow but we were all pulling at the same reigns. I'll add you all to Slammas thread now lads.  Well done.

See y'all in 4 years :bow: 

• Like 3