PST FIFA World Cup 2022 Fantasy Football

JMeeks

5 hours ago, Hirilorn said:

Are you guys able to get into the league?

The option to join a Private League is no longer there for me and my pal who is trying to join a league I set up is having the same issues.

Meant to quote both @Easty and @sevenpanda

Looks fine to me?

I can still join leagues etc

14 hours ago, sevenpanda said:

I’ll give it a go - setting up the team now. PM code please

Morning mate, think your inbox is full.  EDIT: I've left the details in a visitor message on your forum profile page mate since we're closing in on deadline

@Hirilorn I've never had the option to join a private league on their system,  It talks about and adding the code but I see no where to put it.  Joining via the direct urls has worked everytime for me though.  Maybe it's a bit smoother on mobile?  I've been doing it on desktop

Edited by JMeeks

8 hours ago, Hirilorn said:

Are you guys able to get into the league?

The option to join a Private League is no longer there for me and my pal who is trying to join a league I set up is having the same issues.

Meant to quote both @Easty and @sevenpanda

Worked for me last night, it's a confusing system and even the rules are ridiculous. Basically the league code isn't the password to the league but rather how you search for it.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Platt said:

Rules are absolutely fucked tbh, is it a rotating captain for each match day or just once period?

The rules are a mess, Clear as fucking mud.  They tried to tweak it and reword the other day but it's far from ideal.

Unlocked:

You can change your captain an unlimited number of times between unlocked players (i.e. between two players who have both not played in the current Matchday).

Locked (borrowed this explanation from elsewhere):

You have one opportunity each Matchday to change your captain after he has locked (eg after his team has played their match). However, in this situation, you can only change your captain to a player who has not yet played in the Matchday (i.e. an unlocked player). 

Once you have confirmed this change, you will not be able to change your captain again during the current Matchday.

Example. Say it’s Monday evening and you previously captained Harry Kane ($11.0m) but he blanked in England’s clash with Iran. The rules say you could have a second bite of the cherry with the armband, backing another player who has yet to play (eg Lionel Messi (£10.5m)).

Best of luck lads!  Sevenpanda or anyone who had bother joining, Don't worry we should be able to add you in at any point.

Edited by JMeeks

Cheers for feedback guys.

https://old.reddit.com/r/FantasyWC/comments/yzw74q/am_i_the_only_one_to_not_try_to_use_the_wildcard/

https://old.reddit.com/r/FantasyWC/comments/z0betm/wc_fantasy_rules_video_unlimited_budget_exploit/

Leaving these here as think everyone should be aware of things like this to maintain a level playing field.

8 hours ago, Hirilorn said:

Cheers for feedback guys.

https://old.reddit.com/r/FantasyWC/comments/yzw74q/am_i_the_only_one_to_not_try_to_use_the_wildcard/

https://old.reddit.com/r/FantasyWC/comments/z0betm/wc_fantasy_rules_video_unlimited_budget_exploit/

Leaving these here as think everyone should be aware of things like this to maintain a level playing field.

Was reading about that last night,  This was after they amended the rules on the 18th :rofl:.  Dunno if it'll work but if it does that's a bit of a shocker on their part.  The wildcard one is a massive gamble. There's no way of knowing if they make a change to the system in-between,  You could end up making a mess of your team if it fails.  Plus with the shitty system I wouldn't be trusting it not to completely bug out your team.

Edit: Watched the video on the budget one.  Allowing any kind of transfer within the matchday was fucking retarded from the off.

28 minutes ago, JMeeks said:

Was reading about that last night,  This was after they amended the rules on the 18th :rofl:.  Dunno if it'll work but if it does that's a bit of a shocker on their part.  The wildcard one is a massive gamble. There's no way of knowing if they make a change to the system in-between,  You could end up making a mess of your team if it fails.  Plus with the shitty system I wouldn't be trusting it not to completely bug out your team.

Edit: Watched the video on the budget one.  Allowing any kind of transfer within the matchday was fucking retarded from the off.

People have been trying it with burner teams and apparently it doesn't work, or at least not as perfectly as it appears and it's a big risk that you'll get fucked if you try it. You know me, I'll exploit any loophole I can but I'm leaving it the fuck alone and just playing it properly. It might look like it works now, but there's people on minus budgets and you don't know if the players who have played which you take out will have their points taken away until the next matchday, by which time your team could resemble Bic's after one of his tinkers.

Absolutely fucking terribly run though, which I guess sums FIFA up. Rules being clarified and changed the day before, players not added until the day before, an extremely fiddly system to transfer players (almost impossible on desktop, need to use your phone and it's usually the opposite), and they seem to have visited this site and seen how promptly I update things and think "yeah, let's use him as inspiration."

Not expecting something as smooth as FPL (bar Haaland team news server load) but the CL game is functional enough, and they could have just copied those rules. Even the McDonalds game 8 years ago was far better than this.

Basically, what I'm saying is get the asterisk ready. Unless I win.

Edited by Darth_Krid

1 minute ago, tomstlh said:

I don't really care about this which is shit bc I love WC fantasy usually

It's fucking horrendous, think even I'm a better organiser than whichever bellend intern they've picked to code this :rofl: They've literally changed the points for midfielder goals halfway through the first week...