Pain Shack ~ Discussion

Road2unner

Well I am home from work, what have I missed so far? I hope I'm not dead yet!

8 hours ago, stpatty said:

I've just looked at the games Jerry's added to his profile

Good luck, son

Thanks, just reason #84 why I'm not getting a PS5 any time soon. :p  I'm looking forward to finally starting a lot of those games, they've been in my backlog for ages!

6 hours ago, luffybuggy said:

Yea I don't even think I have anything near 61 games to play. There was no way this was getting done by me without spending money I didn't want to spend, so I just folded

The interesting thing for me is that all of those games I started were in my collection already. I never realized how massive my backlog actually is, as I still didn't even hit a quarter of my collection with all those games I booted up! :eek: 

4 hours ago, Easty said:

KIDGeGT.jpg

1 hour ago, Meikoro said:

I vote for myself as a Zombie i will Rise up from the Dead and Kill Jerry by the Way.

Anyone should be happy with that outcome :D

Oh I love The Amazing Race, great show!

:chair: for you both!

Also @Easty, every time you wrote "RIP Jerry," you actually gave me more motivation to survive so you wouldn't get the satisfaction of killing me off. :p So thanks for that, I would have been out much sooner if you hadn't given me that extra push. :D 

• Haha 2

As promised, little recap:

1. Slamma's Alphabet Challenge

clayser - E

danc - Z

Dolken - Z

Easty - F

Gage - Z
Jerry Appleby - F

LionSquid - I
luffybuggy - Z

Martz - U
Meikoro - C
pennysticks - Z
stpatty - I

Darth_Krid
MrFuzzyFlippers
themindisacity
Walt the Dog

2. Road2unner's Medium Rare Steak Shack

danc    3.93%
Dolken    9.62%
Easty    35.78%
Jerry Appleby    17.52% (safe)
LionSquid    9.15%
luffybuggy    12.3%
Meikoro    16.12%
pennysticks    50.76%
stpatty    24.18%

Martz    50.88%

clayser

Gage

To be continued... Maybe

Edited by Road2unner
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Woooo high five @Jerry Appleby :D

Managed to complete this entire event with a spend of just under £2, which was all money I had left over in my wallet after buying AC DLC a couple months ago :p Very happy my backlog and PS+ carried me through this without a hit to my bank account, got a wedding to save for!

Edited by danc
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Deceiver said:

sonic-death-sonic2006.gif

Luffy could not go fast enough and perished just like Sonic did in 06. Jerry and Dan were able to out pace me with games and have escaped the pain shack mostly unscathed, except Jerry's completion percentage.

I only went down about 9% :p Still above 90 surprisingly!

6 hours ago, danc said:

Woooo high five @Jerry Appleby :D

Managed to complete this entire event with a spend of just under £2, which was all money I had left over in my wallet after buying AC DLC a couple months ago :p Very happy my backlog and PS+ carried me through this without a hit to my bank account, got a wedding to save for!

Yeah congrats man! :highfive:

I only spent $20, which was spent on those 4 Stroke the Shit games. :p Everything else was saved from :ps+: and my physical backlog. I'm glad I didn't add any more games to my list, it's gonna take me at least 2 years to get through these games I bet. :rofl: 

3 hours ago, Meikoro said:

Verry Fun Event.

Also watching Jerry sacrifice his Soul to the EZPZ God make me still laugh :D

I mean it was a Halloween Event so some Ritual should be involved now he is the Pure Evil and we need to take him out at some point.

evil-dead-join-us.gif

I mean, you had your chance to eliminate me within a few different rounds, but you didn't. ;) My biggest fear was staytrue's room as it was the one room that people could have ganged up to knock me out, but luckily I think people were just more focused on trying to get whatever % lined up with the next trophies they earned than to focus on any specific people.

The Speed one was a bit nervewracking as well as I didn't have any time to play games during that round except for the first few hours of it. So I had to settle with whatever speed % I earned, and it was luckily just enough to survive! I think once I got through that round, I knew I could possibly make it to the end!

Also EDs, MORE STATS PLZ! :francis: :) 

9 hours ago, Jerry Appleby said:

I mean, you had your chance to eliminate me within a few different rounds, but you didn't. ;)

I was not trying to kill you or anyone. Had enough Problems with math no time to keep Profile Stalking too :D

Since i highly will Play on Switch in December i will likley miss any Christams Event. But it depends on the Task.

On 11/12/2022 at 9:29 PM, Jerry Appleby said:

I only spent $20, which was spent on those 4 Stroke the Shit games. :p Everything else was saved from :ps+: and my physical backlog. I'm glad I didn't add any more games to my list, it's gonna take me at least 2 years to get through these games I bet. :rofl:

Well, seems that one of the Stroke games has a DLC so if you want that 100% that may be a bit more money spent :rofl:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Deceiver said:

Well, seems that one of the Stroke games has a DLC so if you want that 100% that may be a bit more money spent :rofl:

Wow that's hilarious! :rofl: I bet they're trying to get around the Shovelware filter on PSNP since they are most likely losing sales from it being hidden.

I just saw the new DLC added on PSNP, looks like it might be PS5 only for now (and apparently it's free right now).

But if they do come to PS4, at least I only have 4 games to worry about and not 200+ like others have done. :p 

21 hours ago, Jerry Appleby said:

Wow that's hilarious! :rofl: I bet they're trying to get around the Shovelware filter on PSNP since they are most likely losing sales from it being hidden.

I just saw the new DLC added on PSNP, looks like it might be PS5 only for now (and apparently it's free right now).

But if they do come to PS4, at least I only have 4 games to worry about and not 200+ like others have done. :p 

There's a shovelware filter on PSNP?

1 minute ago, staytrue1985 said:

There's a shovelware filter on PSNP?

Yeah they implemented it about a month ago!

If you look at the home page on the left where it says "New Games" they've removed all the shovelware from showing up so you can see all the real releases instead of the same stack of the Stroke the Jumping Nitro games!

When you click on the games listing, they also have the option to show/hide the games depending on your preference.

• Thanks 2

Congrats to @danc and @Jerry Appleby for making it out of the Torture Townhouse...the Pain Shack!

I look forward to watching Jerry's progress through some of those 1% games: Naughty Bear, MrMB's favorite DuckTales, Element4l, Flame Over, etc all known for being super finicky to 100%. I wish you the best. 

Edited by pennysticks
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pennysticks said:

Congrats to @danc and @Jerry Appleby for making it out of the Torture Townhouse...the Pain Shack!

I look forward to watching Jerry's progress through some of those 1% games: Naughty Bear, MrMB's favorite DuckTales, Element4l, Flame Over, etc all known for being super finicky to 100%. I wish you the best. 

Meh. 4/10 m8

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pennysticks said:

I'm excited to try Ducktales, it looks like a fun retro platformer! Also that Naughty Bear game is not the normal one, it's a spin-off game that I'm not sure where I got it from, and it doesn't look that tough from initial glance. Just grindy most likely. :p I do have the Gold edition of the original game but I want to find a group for the MP trophies before starting that!  

But none of those hold a candle to other games I booted up; like Black Knight Sword, 10 Second Ninja, Sine Mora, Spelunky, Ninja Senki DX, Kickbeat, or The Binding of Isaac. ;) If there are any games that I won't be able to 100% of the ones I added, these would be them I think!

Might be a while before I get to any of those though, I have no idea how I'm going to choose which games to work on next! I might go do the easier ones first, then work my way to the tougher ones! Or play the games I'm most excited for, then the lesser ones? So many games, so little time...

Edited by Jerry Appleby
typo

• Velvet unpinned this topic