PST Fantasy Puck Off By The Dozen

mcolwander90

I wish "Makar" was pronounced "maker" because "Makar's Dozen" would've been incredibly clever, but alas.

Sorry for the late start to this. To be fair, this is still earlier than last season haha. Welcome back to the 12th season of Fantasy Puck Off, rather, Fantasy NHL! Time for my revenge tour where I'll constantly remind you all that I won last season and became the first PST user to win the PST Fantasy Grand Slam (by winning Fantasy NHL, NFL, NBA, and MLB) 😜

This will also be my retirement tour. I've been slowly phasing out my Fantasy leagues in recent years, and I want to enjoy this new era of the Red Wings without also wishing they get shutout by my goalie :rofl: Overall, I felt it was time whether I had won last season or not (it just made the decision a lot easier haha). But I'm certainly open to rejoin in case of emergency or unique circumstances (like I did with NBA and covid).

The plan is to transfer commish duties to pensfan at the end of this season. Pensfan has been a part of this league since the beginning, and I'm confident their passion for this league and the game of hockey will ensure this league will be in good hands for years to come ☺️

Draft is currently set for Friday, October 7 at 8PM (EST). Let me know if that does not work for you.

Participants from last season:

1. Mo Money Mo Seider @mcolwander90 (G) ❤️

2. @pensfan

3. @stgermain

4. @Warbear

5. @TheDoc87 (B)

6. @VazzVegas

7.  @Hirilorn  (S)

8. @Slamma

If you're not up for playing, let me know asap. If you're reading this and are interested in joining or rejoining, feel free to ask! It'd be great to get some new blood of hockey and Fantasy sports fans in here.

Also, I really liked the stat changes we made last season. I assume we want to keep these stats unchanged? I'll reevaluate roster sizes and IR spots, but if you have any other suggestions for changes, let me know!

Edited by mcolwander90
  • Like 1

I can't miss mcol's final commissioning season... let's puck off

On 9/27/2022 at 12:50 AM, mcolwander90 said:

I wish "Makar" was pronounced "maker" because "Makar's Dozen" would've been incredibly clever, but alas.

And yet, it wouldn't have been correct because a 'bakers' dozen is 13.  :slick:

• Sad 1

I liked the scoring changes as well and vote we keep them for the coming season.

IR & bench spots i'm kind of meh on. I think it depends on how many teams we have.

This:

9 hours ago, Slamma said:

I can't miss mcol's final commissioning season... let's puck off

The plan is to transfer commish duties to pensfan at the end of this season. Pensfan has been a part of this league since the beginning, and I'm confident their passion for this league and the game of hockey will ensure this league will be in good hands for years to come ☺️

Thanks. I am passionate about hockey (I mean my screen name and avatar duh) and the league, we have some damn good people in the league and we have fun. Hopefully all of you will continue in the league for seasons to come.

Edited by pensfan
Forgot a quote
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Hirilorn said:

@mcolwander90any thoughts yet on number of adds we get each week?

Hopefully postponements will be at a minimum this season so are we going to go back to 4 or stick with 6?

We'll go back to four, thanks for reminding me. Makes sense to scale back some covid adjustments. Blizzards might still be an issue and winter will be unpredictable from a virus standpoint, but four should be enough to handle that. If things get crazy, I'll make necessary adjustments.

This reminds me that I should also bump up min goalie plays back to three.

EDIT: I went with Friday, October 7 at 8PM EST for the new draft day/time. If there are any further conflicts, I'm more than happy to shift it to Thursday at the same time :)

Edited by mcolwander90

@mcolwander90 Just want to say thanks for running the league all these years!  I had a lot of fun during the years I was active. 

I poke my head in every now and then to see how the league is going and all, and I'm glad to see a lot of the old guard have stuck around.  I get the itch to return every now and then, but the motivation and level of commitment just isn't there anymore for me. 

I also see that you got that elusive shiny trophy after all these years, so congrats on that too! 

15 hours ago, Buzzinator said:

@mcolwander90 Just want to say thanks for running the league all these years!  I had a lot of fun during the years I was active. 

I poke my head in every now and then to see how the league is going and all, and I'm glad to see a lot of the old guard have stuck around.  I get the itch to return every now and then, but the motivation and level of commitment just isn't there anymore for me. 

I also see that you got that elusive shiny trophy after all these years, so congrats on that too! 

Thanks Buzzinator! Really means a lot. I tried so hard to finally earn this (G) and had so much heartbreak along the way :pout:

We definitely miss you, and would love to have you back if/when you're ever ready :)

1 hour ago, mcolwander90 said:

@pensfan @Warbear @TheDoc87  @VazzVegas  @Hirilorn   @Slamma

Draft just started!

EDIT: It's over! Sorry for not sending out a reminder earlier. Even I missed the first two rounds 😬

I had no idea it had been moved to today. 

Could really have done with the tag after your edit changing the date as it looks like 6/8 were in the same boat.

Is there any chance of re-doing it tomorrow as so many missed out tonight?

1 hour ago, Hirilorn said:

I had no idea it had been moved to today. 

Could really have done with the tag after your edit changing the date as it looks like 6/8 were in the same boat.

Is there any chance of re-doing it tomorrow as so many missed out tonight?

You are correct that I should've done more to establish the new time, and not just assume people check/follow this thread daily (I do highly recommend you guys do follow this thread! I'm only just now getting in the habit of doing that and it's fantastic :rofl: ).

It does seem like I could reset the draft, and in turn, I should be able to set it up for Saturday night at our original day/time. Would you be ok with that @stgermain?

9 minutes ago, stgermain said:

Resetting the draft is fine if possible.

Ok, I'll do just that. I definitely wanted to check with you as you deserve an opportunity to object/veto. It was a good practice run, and now you have an idea of some of the players I might go for 😂

• Thanks 1

@pensfan @Warbear @TheDoc87  @VazzVegas  @Hirilorn   @Slamma @stgermain

Ok! So it seems this draft came as a surprise (even to me as I was a few min late haha). I apologize if you're learning about the draft being on the 7th after it took place. While I did make edits declaring the change, I shouldn't have assumed that information was fully relayed. Luckily, there's still plenty of time to get this right!

I reset the draft. The REAL draft is Saturday, October 8 at 8PM (EST). I don't intend on resetting it again.

I do also want to suggest following this thread. You'll get a notification any time someone posts in this thread. You can also set it to email you of posts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mcolwander90 said:

Ok, I'll do just that. I definitely wanted to check with you as you deserve an opportunity to object/veto. It was a good practice run, and now you have an idea of some of the players I might go for 😂

That's brilliant. Cheers so much for doing that.

I will definitely be on the site later.:)

Also a big thank you to @stgermainfor agreeing to redraft. Much appreciated.:bow:

Do want to add that if it had just been me and 1-2 others that missed it, I wouldn't have asked as that wouldn't have been fair.

Thanks again guys.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, pensfan said:

I was going to say, did I have a stroke or did we do 2 drafts 😆. Didn't matter which night we did it honestly I couldn't make either. At least my second drafted team seems better on paper then the first. 😀

Oddly enough, I like my 2nd team more than my 1st despite the fact I ended up picking 2nd in both drafts :rofl: