Jump to content

 

Guide Rush IV: A New Hope


danc
 Share

Recommended Posts

In the month of august, on a website not so far away...

qv5EvuQ.png

 

Guide writers. Prospective guide writers. We call on you to grab your keyboards and write guides for the site. August is your time to shine. Special awards and guide credits are your prize.

 

New changes are afoot in this Guide Rush. Don your bounty hunter helmets and write requested guides to double your event credits. 

 

All guides, big and small are welcomed. Any contributions are welcome in the resistance. Just don't expect to get too high up in our ranks by telling us to press X 100 times to platinum repeatedly! Obi Wan credit will be awarded.

 

Get ready. Read the rules carefully. In the month of August, prepare to GUIDE RUSH.

 

Event Start: August 1st 00:00:00 UTC (Countdown Timer)

Event End: August 31th 23:59:59 UTC (Countdown Timer)

 

Rules: 

 

1. There is no need to sign up or make any indication that you have submitted a guide to take part in Guide Rush. Simply head to the game page for whatever guide you want to write, hit add guide then submit it when done and it'll count towards the event.

 

2. Guides and Supplements must adhere to all usual rules and regulations as found in the Guide Writer's Handbook (LINK) and Guide Supplement Walkthrough 2.0 (LINK). You must have 75% of a games trophies before submitting a guide, but in special cases such as grindy trophies exceptions may be made, message a member of the Guide Team if a guide you wish to submit requires this exception. If a guide requires changes as determined by the member of the Guide Team reviewing your guide, the author must co-operate with such changes and must be done in a timely manner to receive credit. 

 

3. Guides must be submitted for review by the end of the event in order to receive credit towards the event. If a guide isn't reviewed in time or requires minor edits after the event ends you will still receive credit as long as it is submitted prior to the above date and time.

 

4. For this Guide Rush we have introduced a Guide Bounty. Guides for AAA titles as listed in the second post, guides for current or past PS+ titles (including those in the premium and extra PS+ tiers), and other guides deemed by the Guide Team to have required extraordinary effort will award the writer two Guide Rush credits. Only one regular guide/roadmap/supplement credit will be awarded as usual, however.

 

5. As you probably know, there are many games nowadays that can be platinumed extremely quickly and easily, and guides for these games can often be written just as quickly. While we welcome these guides, they will only garner a maximum of one Guide Rush credit total per person. Games falling under this rule are at the Guide Team's discretion, examples are the Breakthrough and Break games. Feel free to contact a Guide Team member if you want to check if a guide you are writing will count for credits past the first one, but as a general rule, if it feels like too easy of a credit, it probably is! 

 

6. The Guide Team are able to take part, but will not be eligible to receive double credits via the bounty system.

 

7. Any disputes are to be directed to the Guide Team and if necessary, the mods. Public disputes may result in disqualification from Guide Rush credits. The usual guide related infractions eg plagiarism will lead to extra punishment.

 

Awards:

 

There will be four awards up for grabs in a tiered system:

 

Bronze: 2 Guides

Silver: 4 Guides

Gold: 7 Guides

Platinum: 9 Guides

 

All guides will also count towards the regular guide/roadmap/supplement credits as usual. 

Edited by danc
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Guide Bounties

  • Among Us
  • Battlefield 2042
  • Call of Duty Black Ops - Cold War
  • Deathloop
  • Demon’s Souls (Remake)
  • Far Cry 6 
  • FIFA 22
  • Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Definitive)
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Definitive)
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • WWE: 2K22

 

  • Any past or current PS+ games, including current Premium or Extra tier games 
  • Any guide or supplement found in the requested supplements and challenges thread (LINK)
  • Any guide for a game released in August 2022 (unless a game that falls under rule 5)
  • Any other guide determined to have required extraordinary effort

 

Guide Team Members

danc

ixii

pennysticks

stgermain

themindisacity

 

Edited by danc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Velvet pinned this topic

9 guides is a ridiculously large amount of guides to write for people that don't play those trash 5 minute games. :eek: 

I can barely even write one high quality guide in the timeframe let alone 9.

 

Most of those AAA titles listed, with the amount of time it would take to write just the one guide, someone could churn out 20 EZPZ guides in the same timeframe. I would suggest increasing the bounty point amounts otherwise most people won't waste their time on it. :twocents: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Jerry Appleby said:

9 guides is a ridiculously large amount of guides to write for people that don't play those trash 5 minute games. :eek: 

I can barely even write one high quality guide in the timeframe let alone 9.

 

Most of those AAA titles listed, with the amount of time it would take to write just the one guide, someone could churn out 20 EZPZ guides in the same timeframe. I would suggest increasing the bounty point amounts otherwise most people won't waste their time on it. :twocents: 

 

The 20 ezpz will only count as 1 though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Velvet said:

 

The 20 ezpz will only count as 1 though

I was under the impression that that particular rule was only for stacks of the same game. So what you mean to say is that if someone posts 1 guide for some Dancing D game, that means they don't get credit for any other Jumping P games or any other EZPZ guides written?

 

If so, that's a slightly better option, but I do feel that 9 guides is still quite a lot to post. Especially if you want quality over quantity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jerry Appleby said:

I was under the impression that that particular rule was only for stacks of the same game. So what you mean to say is that if someone posts 1 guide for some Dancing D game, that means they don't get credit for any other Jumping P games or any other EZPZ guides written?

 

If so, that's a slightly better option, but I do feel that 9 guides is still quite a lot to post. Especially if you want quality over quantity. 

 

That is my understanding on the rule. I was actually joking to someone last night about tossing in some ezpz for shits and giggles just to fill the guides for those games, but yeah, if I'm reading it correctly, if you write 20 "Jumping" game guides, you'll only get 1 credit for them all. @stgermain @danc is this right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couple of questions

 

Under bounty criteria

"Any guide for a game released in August 2022 (unless a game that falls under rule 4)"

 

Should this actually be unless the game falls under rule 5? ie - EZPZ spam won't get a bounty? Cause rule 4 refers to games that do get a bounty.

 

I'm also curious about the spam criteria. I have some shorter niche games that I'm planning to do some guides for. These aren't 1 minute Jumping Turbo games, but not AAA games either. Most are in the 5 hour range, and/or really have very limited information available on the net and no other guides. So I feel like they may be helpful, unlike a guide telling you to hold R1 for 1-2 minutes...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

I'm also curious about the spam criteria. I have some shorter niche games that I'm planning to do some guides for. These aren't 1 minute Jumping Turbo games, but not AAA games either. Most are in the 5 hour range, and/or really have very limited information available on the net and no other guides. So I feel like they may be helpful, unlike a guide telling you to hold R1 for 1-2 minutes...

I don't think 5 hour games are considered 'trophy spam'.

 

The rule is there so we don't get one person submitting a bunch of Breakthrough Arcade or The Spam P guide as we want more guides of substance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

Couple of questions

 

Under bounty criteria

"Any guide for a game released in August 2022 (unless a game that falls under rule 4)"

 

Should this actually be unless the game falls under rule 5? ie - EZPZ spam won't get a bounty? Cause rule 4 refers to games that do get a bounty.

 

I'm also curious about the spam criteria. I have some shorter niche games that I'm planning to do some guides for. These aren't 1 minute Jumping Turbo games, but not AAA games either. Most are in the 5 hour range, and/or really have very limited information available on the net and no other guides. So I feel like they may be helpful, unlike a guide telling you to hold R1 for 1-2 minutes...


Oops that’s on me, I added the first rule last and shifted the numbers down, forgot to edit the second post :p

 

Yeah 5 hour games are 10000% fine, even an hour long game would probably be fine as long as there’s some variety in what you need to do for platinum. We’re just concerned about the ones where it’s literally one action repeated to platinum, or games series that are the exact same game reskinned down to the trophies.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, danc said:


Oops that’s on me, I added the first rule last and shifted the numbers down, forgot to edit the second post :p

 

Yeah 5 hour games are 10000% fine, even an hour long game would probably be fine as long as there’s some variety in what you need to do for platinum. We’re just concerned about the ones where it’s literally one action repeated to platinum, or games series that are the exact same game reskinned down to the trophies.

I don't intend to write guides for any Break, Turbo Jump, Animal or Breakthrough games, I promise. Honestly, not worth the time to do the guides. I don't even want to play those anymore (apart from maybe the Break games, they are fun - but don't need guides)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Among Us bounty guide is done and dusted!

 

ShadowyMagnificentGermanpinscher-size_restricted.gif

 

On 7/27/2022 at 1:25 AM, Velvet said:

I'll list my games if you list yours :beer:

 

 I don't have much of a long-term plan, but I've started working on a Patapon Remastered guide!

And I think I'll be able to work on a couple of DLC guides afterwards. 👀

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
  • Create New...