Stray ~ Trophy Guide Discussion

stgermain

I already fell into the hole so I already missed a scratching opportunity?  How do you scratch?  There is absolutely no explanation of gameplay mechanics, other than the sequential jumping, at least yet.  I’ve pressed everything on the DS5 and nothing scratches or does anything at all except walk, meow, and contextual X and triangle.🤪

11 minutes ago, LeShartShooter said:

I already fell into the hole so I already missed a scratching opportunity?  How do you scratch?  There is absolutely no explanation of gameplay mechanics, other than the sequential jumping, at least yet.  I’ve pressed everything on the DS5 and nothing scratches or does anything at all except walk, meow, and contextual X and triangle.🤪

when you go near a item you can scratch , you get a triangle prompt ! after clicking triangle you alternate between l2 and r2

Edited by btrlegendix
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, btrlegendix said:

when you go near a item you can scratch , you get a triangle prompt ! after clicking triangle you alternate between l2 and r2

Thanks.  I restarted game.  I was too shy the first time and didn’t follow my pals so I missed out on that mini tutorial.  So now that I’m alone after the fall I will have to look for prompts like that, I guess.  I don’t want my kitty hurt but I’m guessing I’ll easily get the 9 awful consequences trophy. 🥺

33 minutes ago, zz383 said:

Just did a speedrun in less than 2 hours with restarts from dieing. 

No trophy.  I'm seeing posts that it needs to be done on a new save file.

Can anyone confirm? And if so, please update the guide so no one else wastes 2 hours of their life.

The time is based on the playtime on the save, so yes you need to do it in a new playthrough. 

In my experience, I beat the game in less than 2 hours (and got the trophy) while pausing and quitting to the main menu after dying from time to time (especially during the last chapters). I think I also restarted to the last checkpoint after dying once. Thus, if the game does not create a new checkpoint, I would say it is possible to just quit to the main menu and try again. Besides, as I have said in another thread, my saved game information says 1h 53 minutes 40 seconds before starting chapter 12. I guess I obviously did beat that in less than 6 minutes 20 seconds, but that was certainly by a whisker.

My advice when working on this trophy is to really focus on just beating the game as quickly as possible, as well as to know the main route beforehand. I hesitated with the latter at some points and almost paid a high price.

Great guide thank you, the speed run is fine, if you follow the guide on here you will smash it, I died about 3 times from the Zurks and had a glitch where my battery fell through the floor so had to restart the chapter, still finished it in 1hr 36 so you should cruise it.

Can't catch me trophy is a bit of a pain but it certainly doesn't make it a 6/10 platinum IMO, I can see it being frustrating but I did after about 10 - 15 minutes, more of a 3-4/10 platinum difficulty rating for me (would be a 2 without the can't catch me trophy).

Great game, kool story!

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Gage said:

Different region versions. AFAIK there's not been any publicly stated reason why that's happened for some of the games Annapurna has published. 

That would only make sense if there were 4 trophy lists for the PS5 version, but there aren't...

...and/or if each list was identified by region, but they aren't...

Edited by RACHGIER

• 10 months later...

For the Productive Day trophy you don't need to sleep all at once and doesn't have to be in same spot. I did it at each spot in the slums with some the first time and the rest the second time in the slums.

Also for the Territory trophy the only time I scratched during the Jail level and final level was the story related parts and the trophy popped for me.

Edited by tatorlog