Playstation Plus Premium Is A Joke

Fredcrane

No offense meant, but whenever I see a new user around here with 1 post to their name posting a new topic I automatically assume 'bot'.

Assuming you're a real person, I wouldn't say that premium is a joke. It all comes down to what is of value to YOU. Clearly premium isn't worth it in your eyes, which is fine, but I think for certain users there is plenty of value to be had there. Personally I think extra will be the sweet spot for most people, and I myself will likely downgrade to extra when my premium sub runs out towards the end of the year. I think Sony pretty much know that most people won't go for premium, and they're instead just banking on getting as many people as possible to upgrade to extra instead. 

• Like 1

Right now I don't have an issue with it. That's mostly because I spent ~$30 to upgrade for the rest of my sub (December). At the very least, I feel I'm getting my extra $30's worth. I'll certainly reevaluate once we reach December (rather, Black Friday with the likely discount).

More than anything, I wish there was more of the classic games, particularly new stuff like Tekken 2 and Toy Story 2. Things that haven't been remastered or ported to PS4 already. I was hoping to maybe play Final Fantasy Tactics or Daxter or Liberty/Vice City Stories. I was disappointed they didn't do more in that regard out of the gate considering how big of a selling point it was.

4 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

I think extra will be the sweet spot for most people, and I myself will likely downgrade to extra when my premium sub runs out towards the end of the year.

a bit off topic maybe, but I'll stick with premium. mainly because I've noticed that, contrary to what was previously marketed before launch, there are still some PS4/5 titles that are locked behind the premium paywall. very scummy of Sony 

14 hours ago, honda hoe said:

a bit off topic maybe, but I'll stick with premium. mainly because I've noticed that, contrary to what was previously marketed before launch, there are still some PS4/5 titles that are locked behind the premium paywall. very scummy of Sony 

Complete false advertising. I suppose the day they announce free games they’ll also announce what’s being added and leaving?

I believe it's too early to judge. As for now, yes, I too believe that Premium is underwhelming. But maybe they're going to add allllll PS3 games that are in the PS3 store. That would change the value completely. It's also sad that they just let the Vita die. Sure, the Vita was kinda... weird, with it's touchscreen and its touchpad on the backside. But how many games are using them or at least one of them? If they manage to get the games that run on PSTV into Premium, it would also add a lot of value.

Whatever they do, or not do, it's probably just too early to judge.

On 7/12/2022 at 5:06 AM, Athea said:

I believe it's too early to judge. As for now, yes, I too believe that Premium is underwhelming. But maybe they're going to add allllll PS3 games that are in the PS3 store. That would change the value completely. It's also sad that they just let the Vita die. Sure, the Vita was kinda... weird, with it's touchscreen and its touchpad on the backside. But how many games are using them or at least one of them? If they manage to get the games that run on PSTV into Premium, it would also add a lot of value.

Whatever they do, or not do, it's probably just too early to judge.

I can tell you were not a PSNow subscriber. 200+ PS3 games were removed for the new PS Plus Premium. Even some first party titles like Sly Cooper were pulled. Behind the decision is a shift from game streaming being a driver of the service to a more diverse one including PS4/PS5 games.

On 7/14/2022 at 7:54 PM, technole said:

I can tell you were not a PSNow subscriber.

Yuu know what? You're absolutely right about that. You see, when it's about spending money... I have this one weakpoint. Only this one, really. The PlayStation Sale. *Dun dun duuuun* It gets buffed stats if it's called "Big in Japan". How am I supposed to resist? It's pointsess... :'(

...No, really, I'm serious, I own around 500 PS4 games. All from sales. I don't do day1-shopping. Aside from Pokemon, because Nintendo games don't become cheaper anyhway. And Kiseki because it's just the best series ever.

I don't know how many PS3 games I have. I sold the PS3 because I just needed to lose some pressure. However, I have so many games that I don't see any value in PSNow for myself. And these games PSNow has I'm into, well, take Atelier for example. The Vita has better versions of these games.

...Though, I learned something. Even when I sort out all the games I only bought for trophies and whatever, and only keep what I actually want to play... I have over 200 PS4 games. That's really a lot. Especially if I want to go for trophies. I'm going to keep it smooth with the PS5 now. The PS4 backlog must go. Aside from...

26th Sep 22: The Legend of Heroes: Trails from Zero

18th Nov 22: Pokemon Violet

2023: The Lgend of Heroes: Trails to Azure

2023: Th Legend of Heroes: Trails into Reverie

...yeah, Zero and Ao are important for understand Reverie and so this back then PSP games are now coming in English for the first time! Hurray! <3

*ahem*

Aside from these four games I don't feel like buying anything until the end of 2023. Take that, PlayStation Sale! I activated the unbreakable shield... the plot armor! NYAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!11 x3 Also, I own nearly everything I want anyway and a sale needs to push a game below the 20€ mark (or 30€ if it's some western superduperultraomegadelixultimatebullshit edition). *shrugs* I'm safe now for a while. Yeah. Uhm... What was your point again? I'm just some random weirdo woman with too many games. Nothing to see here.

4 hours ago, Athea said:

NYAAAAAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!11 x3

ANQo2oI.gif

Aside that.....

I think it was a Wrong Ecission to make a Rotation again in the Backlog Catalog of Old Games. Sure it was add a few new Games we had not before in PSNOW but at the same time they get rid from over 200 other "Old Games" and who know if they come back Someday. I think it only will count as a Library if you have full access to all Games at all Times and heck yeah thats calling a Gamepass for what i understand. But if you can deal with this Rotation of avaiable Games than its a cool Service with all its other features.

On 7/20/2022 at 11:18 PM, Meikoro said:

I think it only will count as a Library if you have full access to all Games at all Times and heck yeah thats calling a Gamepass for what i understand. But if you can deal with this Rotation of avaiable Games than its a cool Service with all its other features.

The games in Gamepass, if you refer to XBox, also don't stay forever. Only first party games do iirc.

I honestly was expecting some sort of "PlayStation Gamepass"...

But really, aside from waiting that they improve it, we can't do anything anyway. :) A game library would be cool, but when you look at your download list of your PS3 store, chances are (if you're into digital at least) that you have at least one delisted game. I guess that's not worth it to actually keep old things alive, due to licensing and what not.

8 hours ago, Athea said:

The games in Gamepass, if you refer to XBox, also don't stay forever. Only first party games do iirc.

I honestly was expecting some sort of "PlayStation Gamepass"...

But really, aside from waiting that they improve it, we can't do anything anyway. :) A game library would be cool, but when you look at your download list of your PS3 store, chances are (if you're into digital at least) that you have at least one delisted game. I guess that's not worth it to actually keep old things alive, due to licensing and what not.

You can download delisted Games from your library/Download List as long as its not complete delete from the Servers like P.T.

Im no Fan of Digtal Content because of that or you missing a Game like Little Wicht Acdemia and it got delisted before you can purchase it and its gone forever.

Anyway im staying on the normal Version of PS+. Do i would like to try Gamepass if i had a Xbox.

On 7/24/2022 at 10:58 PM, Meikoro said:

You can download delisted Games from your library/Download List as long as its not complete delete from the Servers like P.T.

Im no Fan of Digtal Content because of that or you missing a Game like Little Wicht Acdemia and it got delisted before you can purchase it and its gone forever.

Anyway im staying on the normal Version of PS+. Do i would like to try Gamepass if i had a Xbox.

That's sadly true. Though, Japanese games are so niche in the west that their retail price often gets higher over time than lower, because they don't print that many copies... While a digital sale is a digital sale. :)

I think PS+ Extra looks like a better Gamepass. To me at least. PlayStation said they won't add first party games day1, which is a bummer... But Stray for example was in PS+ Extra day1. So, it's probably fair to assume that PS+ Extra was intended to compete with Gamepass.

But because I have so many games anyway, I decided to stay on Essential for now too. :)

But, the topic here is about PS+ Premium, and... well, as said, maybe they improve it over time. I have really no interest in that as how it is at the moment.