• 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-99 Hours
    • 100-499 Hours
    • 500-999 Hours
    • 1000+ Hours

Ht6nerK.png

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
  5. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the platinum.
  6. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  7. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the platinum.
  8. Vote with honesty and integrity.

• 3 months later...

I voted 4/10 and it took me 8 hrs. You need to finish the game four times to get the four different endings. The ending differs depending on how many times you die. There is a no death run, a one death run, a two death run and a four death run. 

The final area of the game (Doc’s Lab) can only be explored during the no death run so that’s the only chance players have to pick up the doc related collectibles. Room 209 can only be accessed if you haven’t died before entering. All other collectibles can be picked up on any run. The collectibles carry over between runs but you lose any items in your inventory when you die and you also go back to the starting point. Furthermore, every time you die the number of enemies increase and the item placement is different. The collectible placement remains the same. 

The game is relatively straight forward. The toughest trophy is “sly as a fox” for completing the game without using the gun. I personally found this to be ok but it does require a bit of patience in some areas. You need to crouch walk and sneak past enemies when they have their backs turned. The other trophy that requires the most work is for entering every motel room. Please note that the bathrooms don’t count towards this. It’s only the main part of each room that needs to be entered.

The trophy “ it can’t be true” for leaving the reception area via the revolving door can only be done on the two death run. In all other runs the reception door was blocked for me and I had to take the long route via the restaurant / kitchen. 

Overall, I enjoyed this game. It was fun exploring the motel and figuring out the puzzles to escape the various rooms. The only negative was that four play throughs was possibly stretching things out a bit too much. However, after the no death / explore all rooms / collectibles run all subsequent runs can be done in less than half an hour if you take the optimum route and use the gun. I would recommend this to all horror fans.