WWE PPV Prediction League 2022-23

Hello and welcome to the 10th edition of the WWE PPV Prediction League! The league will run from WrestleMania Backlash (May 8, 2022) to WrestleMania 39 (April 1 & 2, 2023).

If you are interested in participating, please thoroughly read the rules below and then sign up!

The prize at stake is a prestigious spot in the PST Hall Of Fame and exclusive bragging rights for the next year! Only you will truly be able to claim that “The Champ Is…Here!”

Rules

• You must have at least 250 posts before you can sign up. This is not to punish you, but it has happened too many times before where new members have signed up, predicted once or twice and then never come back.
  • Sign ups will close on May 8 (the day of the first PPV) when the WrestleMania Backlash pre-show starts. After that, you will not be allowed to sign up.
  • Please do not edit any of your posts, either before or after the event. If you wish to make a change to your prediction before an event, you are entitled to do so. However, I ask you to quote your original post and list your changes underneath. Also, try to keep this practice to a minimum.
  • Before every PPV, I will post the whole card in one of the posts below as a template. I ask that you copy and paste it into your post and then highlight your predicted winner and finish in red and bold. This makes it much easier for me to check and keep tallies, as well as ensuring that matches are not left out by mistake
  • Due to time zones, I never watch PPVs live. Sometimes it takes me a few days to catch up, so please be patient.
  • Any cheating will result in an automatic disqualification from this and all subsequent WWE prediction leagues.
  • Having fun and making light-hearted jokes at other peoples’ predictions in the style of your favourite heel are absolutely encouraged (GIFs in particular, keep 'em coming!)

As always, input and feedback is highly appreciated, particularly on areas that could be improved or ideas that could be implemented in future instalments. Thank you for your time, have fun, and I hope that you enjoy the league!

(P) Hall of Fame (P)

2013-14: dlm1988

2014-15: dlm1988

2015-16: dlm1988

2016-17: Darth_Krid

2017-18: Darth_Krid

2018-19: fancyfox

2019-20: NintendoDSplayer

2020-21: Darth_Krid

2021-22: NintendoDSplayer

Posting The Card

I will post the full card on the Saturday before each PPV once SmackDown has aired and hopefully all matches are announced. Once I have posted the card, that will be final and no more matches will be added even if they're announced later.

Predicting

• Each match has two outcomes to predict. Firstly, there is obviously the winner of the match. Secondly, there is the method of finish. You do not have to specifically name a move: Pinfall/Submission/DQ etc. will do. Stipulation matches that can only end one way (i.e. Ladder or Last Man Standing matches) will just have the two points for the winner as the method of finish is a given.
  • You can predict Tie/No-Contest if you like. For the purposes of this thread and predicting, they are synonymous with each other. To do this, highlight both wrestlers in red and bold and write “Tie/No-Contest” after their names. A method of finish is not required.
  • As mentioned earlier, due to the scripted nature of professional wrestling, things are subject to change very quickly. Therefore, if a wrestler is taken out before a match and/or replaced with another, he/she is injured or the match is simply cut due to time constraints, all predictions and points for that match will be void for everyone.
  • Predictions must be entered by Midnight UK Time (00.00 BST March-October and 00.00 GMT October - March) on the night of a PPV. This is an hour before the usual start time of a PPV and when the pre-show usually kicks off so adjust accordingly, but if you want to double-check your time zone, please use the following website: World Clock.
  • Please do not post predictions for matches as they are added, or before I have posted the whole card as a template. I will post the full card and figuratively “open” the PPV for predicting.

Example PPV Card

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (WWE Championship)

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins (WWE Intercontinental Championship)

Becky Lynch vs. Asuka

The New Day (c) vs. The Usos (WWE Tag Team Championships)

Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre

Example Prediction Entry

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Brock Lesnar - PINFALL

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins (WWE Intercontinental Championship) - SUBMISSION

Becky Lynch vs. Asuka - DQ

The New Day (c) vs. The Usos (Tag Team Titles) - COUNTOUT

Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre - TIE/NO CONTEST

Scoring

• You get one point for predicting the winner, and if that is correct, another point for predicting the correct method of finish. Predicting the winner wrong will result in 0 points, regardless of whether or not the method of finish was correct. As they are uncommon, predicting a Tie/No Contest will be rewarded with the full 2 points for your risk-taking!
  • If you predict the whole card correctly, with both winners and method of finish, you will receive a bonus 5 points. If you predict all winners correctly but get some finishes wrong, you will earn a bonus 2 points.
  • Special matches in the year (such as the Royal Rumble) will have more points available for predicting the winner due to the increased unpredictability of the matches. These will be announced when I post the card for the PPV.
  • There are no tie-breakers. Your points total is your points total! If there is a tie, participants will be listed alphabetically but will be given equal numbering.

Money In The Bank

eacedf9681634f5f9193dcc63c67f5b5_crop_ex

For this league's version of a "boost", every single competitor will be given a Money in the Bank contract at the start of the year. You are entitled to cash this in at any of the PPVs during the year and it will give you double points on all correct predictions, including the complete card bonuses if you are good enough to earn them. Since WrestleMania is held over two nights now, you can only cash in on one night as there are simply too many matches to use it for both.

Once you’ve cashed in though, the contract is gone and you cannot use it again, so choose wisely!

If you wish to cash in, underneath your predictions for a PPV please post something along the lines of “I wish to cash in my Money in the Bank Contract this month", although more imaginative efforts in the form of GIFs and photoshopped images are greatly anticipated ;)! Once you have cashed in, your name will have a * next to it in the leaderboard to indicate that you have used it.

List of PPVs

May 8, 2022 - WrestleMania Backlash

June 5, 2022 - Hell in a Cell

July 2, 2022 - Money in the Bank

July 30, 2022 - SummerSlam

September 3, 2022 - Clash at the Castle

October 8, 2022 - Extreme Rules

November 5, 2022 - Crown Jewel

November 26, 2022 - Survivor Series

January 1, 2023 - Day 1

April 1 & 2, 2023 - WrestleMania 38

Previous Results/Upcoming Card

Spoiler

Happy Corbin vs. Madcap Moss - Pinfall

Bobby Lashley vs. Omos - Pinfall

AJ Styles vs. Edge - Submission

Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins - Pinfall

Drew McIntyre and RK-Bro vs. The Bloodline - Pinfall

Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ronda Rousey ("I Quit" match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship) - I Quit

June 5, 2022 - Hell in a Cell

Spoiler

Ezekiel vs. Kevin Owens - Pinfall

Madcap Moss vs. Happy Corbin (No Holds Barred match) - Pinfall

Bobby Lashley vs. Omos and MVP (2-on-1 Handicap match) - Submission

Theory (c) vs. Mustafa Ali (WWE United States Championship) - Pinfall

Finn Bálor, AJ Styles and Liv Morgan vs. The Judgment Day - Pinfall

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka vs. Becky Lynch (Triple Threat match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship) - Pinfall

Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins (Hell in a Cell match) - Pinfall

July 2, 2022 - Money in the Bank

Spoiler

Seth Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus vs. Omos vs. Sami Zayn vs. Riddle vs. Madcap Moss vs. Theory (Men's Money in the Bank ladder match)
Lacey Evans vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Liv Morgan vs. Raquel Rodriguez vs. Asuka vs. Shotzi vs. Becky Lynch (Women's Money in the Bank ladder match)
Bianca Belair (c) vs. Carmella (RAW Women's Championship) - Pinfall
 Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Natalya (SmackDown Women's Championship) - Submission
Theory (c) vs. Bobby Lashley (United States Championship) - Submission
The Usos (c) vs. The Street Profits (Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship) - Pinfall

July 30, 2022 - SummerSlam

Spoiler

Logan Paul vs The Miz - Pinfall

Liv Morgan (C) vs Ronda Rousey (WWE Smackdown Women's Championship) - Pinfall

Bobbly Lashley (C) Submission vs Theory (WWE United States Championship) - Submission

Pat McAfee vs Happy Corbin - Pinfall

The Mysterios vs The Judgement Day (No Disqualification) - Pinfall

The Usos (C) vs The Street Profits (Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship) - Pinfall

Bianca Belair (C) vs Becky Lynch (WWE RAW Women's Championship) - Pinfall

Roman Reigns (C) vs Brock Lesnar (Last Man Standing match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship)

September 3, 2022 - Clash at the Castle

Spoiler

Bianca Belair, Alexa Bliss and Asuka vs. Bayley, Dakota Kai and Iyo Sky - Pinfall

Edge and Rey Mysterio vs. The Judgment Day - Pinfall

Liv Morgan (c) vs. Shayna Baszler (WWE SmackDown Women's Championship) - Pinfall

Gunther (c) vs. Sheamus (WWE Intercontinental Championship) - Pinfall

Matt Riddle vs. Seth Rollins - Pinfall

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Drew McIntyre (Undisputed WWE Universal Championship) - Pinfall

November 5, 2022 - Crown Jewel

Alexa Bliss and Asuka (c) vs. Damage CTRL (WWE Women's Tag Team Championship)

Braun Strowman vs. Omos

The O.C. vs. The Judgment Day

The Usos (c) vs. The Brawling Brutes (Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship)

Drew McIntyre vs. Karrion Kross (Steel Cage match)

Brock Lesnar vs. Bobby Lashley

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Bayley (Last Woman Standing match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship)

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Logan Paul (Undisputed WWE Universal Championship)

November 26, 2022 - Survivor Series

AJ Styles vs. Finn Bálor

Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Shotzi (WWE SmackDown Women's Championship)

Seth "Freakin" Rollins (c) vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Austin Theory (Triple threat match for the WWE United States Championship)

Team Belair vs. Team Bayley (Women's WarGames match)

The Brawling Brutes, Drew McIntyre, and Kevin Owens vs. The Bloodline (Men's WarGames match)

January 28, 2023 - Royal Rumble

Bray Wyatt vs. LA Knight (Mountain Dew Pitch Black match)

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Alexa Bliss (WWE Raw Women's Championship)

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Kevin Owens (Undisputed WWE Universal Championship)

Women's Royal Rumble Winner:

Men's Royal Rumble Winner:

Random Royal Rumble Rewards (Women)

Winning entrant's number:

Who will be last eliminated?:

Who will eliminate the most wrestlers?:

Who will be eliminated the quickest?:

Who will last the longest (total time)?:

Who will be entrant #1?:

Who will be entrant #2?:

Name a non-roster surprise entrant:

Random Royal Rumble Rewards (Men)

Winning entrant's number:

Who will be last eliminated?:

Who will eliminate the most wrestlers?:

Who will be eliminated the quickest?:

Who will last the longest (total time)?:

Who will be entrant #1?:

Who will be entrant #2?:

Name a non-roster surprise entrant:

Edited by Darth_Krid

I'm actually early this year, surprised myself!

Can't believe this is the 10th year running this, it's flown by. Thanks for everyone that's taken part over the years, wonder if we can hit 20 :D

First card is this Sunday so I'll post the card on Saturday after SmackDown.

@Eticket@staytrue1985@ShadowEpyon10@NintendoDSplayer@Tigerz_bone_21@Mike0284

Plus anyone else who wants to join!

56 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Do you even watch WWE?

In fact, you probably don't even need to. Just watch Vince McMahon discuss his thoughts on YouTube before each event.

Are you kidding?

He loves Roman Rains and Coady Roads. Heard he's been looking forward to Backslash for weeks, ever since watching Ice Cold lay the SmackDown at WrestleFest!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

Do you even watch WWE?

In fact, you probably don't even need to. Just watch Vince McMahon discuss his thoughts on YouTube before each event.

3 hours ago, dlm1988 said:

Are you kidding?

He loves Roman Rains and Coady Roads. Heard he's been looking forward to Backslash for weeks, ever since watching Ice Cold lay the SmackDown at WrestleFest!

I go through stages of binge watching it, usually when the NFL season isn't on. 

I wanted to get up to date because I went to the WWE in London last week, right at the front on the barrier. Such an awesome night out, I really recommend it. 

It'll be nice to try and keep up to date, at least until going to the PVP in Cardiff. 

3 hours ago, Martz said:

I go through stages of binge watching it, usually when the NFL season isn't on. 

I wanted to get up to date because I went to the WWE in London last week, right at the front on the barrier. Such an awesome night out, I really recommend it. 

It'll be nice to try and keep up to date, at least until going to the PVP in Cardiff. 

Nice one! Yeah I went to RAW in Manchester in 2017 but was up in the gods behind the line of the Titantron so didn’t get the full experience even.

Annoyingly had the choice of that or SmackDown and AJ Styles bloody won the title from Jinder Mahal on that show, first time it had changed hands abroad ever or something 😂

4 hours ago, Darth_Krid said:

Nice one! Yeah I went to RAW in Manchester in 2017 but was up in the gods behind the line of the Titantron so didn’t get the full experience even.

Annoyingly had the choice of that or SmackDown and AJ Styles bloody won the title from Jinder Mahal on that show, first time it had changed hands abroad ever or something 😂

We were on the second row, so amazing seats to watch all of the matches from great seats, but then when the wrestlers were coming to and from the ring we could stand at the barrier getting fist bumps from Sandy Orton and Fiddle from Arcade-BRO etc. They were good with the us to be fair and being that close felt more involved and made it such a better experience.

They put all of the belts 'on the line' but because it wasn't televised, we kind of knew Andrew McIntyre wasn't beating Roman Rains, Brenda Rowsey wasn't beating Charley Flaire and Ricoshave was keeping the intercontinents belt.

Still, it was good to see they had a lot of their biggest stars with them! 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Martz said:

They put all of the belts 'on the line' but because it wasn't televised, we kind of knew Andrew McIntyre wasn't beating Roman Rains, Brenda Rowsey wasn't beating Charley Flaire and Ricoshave was keeping the intercontinents belt.

Rick O'Shea was never losing the IC title in the UK. Not with all that Irish ancestry.

• Haha 1

Happy Corbin vs. Madcap Moss

Bobby Lashley vs. Omos

AJ Styles vs. Edge

Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins

Drew McIntyre and RK-Bro vs. The Bloodline

Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ronda Rousey ("I Quit" match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship)

What an absolute load of gash to kick off the year this is. Can't believe the one match I was looking forward to they turned into a six-man tag not for the titles. I would say that since there should only be one way to win an I Quit match, there will be just two points for the winner and none for the finish, but this is the company that called No Contest on Hell in a Cell matches twice in a row so who knows.

Here to continue a Ronan Rains length title rain and win for a second year in a row. Us the twos ✌️

Happy Corbin vs. Madcap Moss PIN

Bobby Lashley vs. Omos PIN

AJ Styles vs. Edge PIN

Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins PIN

Drew McIntyre and RK-Bro vs. The Bloodline PIN

Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ronda Rousey ("I Quit" match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship)

Edited by NintendoDSplayer

Happy Corbin vs. Madcap Moss - Pinfall

Bobby Lashley vs. Omos - Pinfall

AJ Styles vs. Edge - Pinfall

Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins - Pinfall

Drew McIntyre and RK-Bro vs. The Bloodline - Pinfall

Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ronda Rousey ("I Quit" match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship) - I Quit