Jump to content

 

Steam Deck


Tussell
 Share

Recommended Posts

I wasn't sure whether or not to put this in 'Handhelds' or 'PC Gaming' so I opted for this one, haha.

 

Wow, it has been quite some time since I've logged in here! Lots of big time changes, like, BIG time, but they've turned out alright, and I've even got a few extra scheckles in my pocket now too - which, in turn, led me to put down a deposit on the top tiered Steam Deck! While I really have no real serious need for it, I couldn't help myself. I already have a gaming PC, gaming laptop, and a Switch, so my PC and handheld needs are pretty well squared away. I've never been known for my smart spending and great decision making, so come October, I'll hopefully be the owner of a brand new Steam Deck!

Has anyone purchased one? They finally started rolling out deliveries for the earliest pre-orders and it looks like its being fairly well received! If you got one, what are some of the pro's and con's that you've found? Are you pleased with your purchase?

If you haven't gotten one, do you have a deposit down for one? Do you plan on putting a deposit down? Waiting for more information and reviews to surface? Waiting for the Dock or more overall support from Valve and third parties?

Don't plan on getting one?

 

Mine should be shipping sometime during Q3 of this year, so fingers crossed I have it around October, in time for my birthday!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Steam Deck is pretty cool looking, I wouldn't mind trying one. But I've just never been a PC gamer...as much as my life kind of revolves around a PC, I just never cared to game on one. I've got a PS5 now, still with a PS4 and PS3 backlog. Just bought a Vita and a Switch...which are the biggest deterrence from consoles I'll take. I was into Handhelds as a kid and as I got older I couldn't get into them (had a PSP in 2006 for like 6 months and got rid of it...before that it was a Gameboy Color). And the Switch likely won't get a ton of use after the "new toy feel" wears off...that's just to play the heavy hitter Nintendo first party titles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Viper said:

The Steam Deck is pretty cool looking, I wouldn't mind trying one. But I've just never been a PC gamer...as much as my life kind of revolves around a PC, I just never cared to game on one. I've got a PS5 now, still with a PS4 and PS3 backlog. Just bought a Vita and a Switch...which are the biggest deterrence from consoles I'll take. I was into Handhelds as a kid and as I got older I couldn't get into them (had a PSP in 2006 for like 6 months and got rid of it...before that it was a Gameboy Color). And the Switch likely won't get a ton of use after the "new toy feel" wears off...that's just to play the heavy hitter Nintendo first party titles.

If you purchased a regular Switch, don't overlook the dock on your Switch! Playing any game with a Pro Controller, docked on the television is definitely better. However, playing 'Don't Drink & Drive' with buddies at an airport bar and four Joy Con's is always going to be top tier. Definitely one of my all-time favorite console purchases.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tussell said:

If you purchased a regular Switch, don't overlook the dock on your Switch! Playing any game with a Pro Controller, docked on the television is definitely better. However, playing 'Don't Drink & Drive' with buddies at an airport bar and four Joy Con's is always going to be top tier. Definitely one of my all-time favorite console purchases.

The Switch will be docked for sure, the handheld part of my post was referring to the Vita. I bought a Pro Controller too because...the joy cons look like they'd be uncomfortable for anyone who isn't a child lol. Got Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey on the way, trying to get Mario Kart 8 for under $40+.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Viper said:

Just bought a Vita and a Switch...which are the biggest deterrence from consoles I'll take.

 

where'd u get a vita? was it new or used?

 

been browsing for them recently (never bought one before) and the used ones are ludicrously expensive model from Japan apparently

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, honda hoe said:

 

where'd u get a vita? was it new or used?

 

been browsing for them recently (never bought one before) and the used ones are ludicrously expensive model from Japan apparently

Used. I got it from a site called Mercari, got it for $145. There's also a site called OfferUp I've been using which have had better deals on them since I bought it. I also use eBay to compare prices and see where I might be able to get the best deals. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its a nice Portable PC wich runs smooth the Actual Games. You maybe need to lower some Graphic Setting to get constant 60FPS or 30FPS but only the Menu with little Screen to read from STeam OS and the Thousands of Scales to adjust are a bit tricky to use on the Screen.

 

For People to want their Steam Library out of Home its a cool Device. I don't need one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
  • Create New...