PST Quick Time Event! - Pi Day ApPietizer ~ Discussion

Slamma

zBVzbfY.png

The world celebrates Pi Day on Monday. Mmmmm pie. What is Pi Day you ask? It is a celebration of the mathematical constant, Pi (π)! If you want more info on it, head on over to PiDay.org for all the info on Pi. You can find where your birthday exists within Pi and some fun facts... liiiiiike

The record for reciting the most number of decimal places of Pi was achieved by Rajveer Meena at VIT University, Vellore, India on 21 March 2015. He was able to recite 70,000 decimal places. To maintain the sanctity of the record, Rajveer wore a blindfold throughout the duration of his recall, which took an astonishing 10 hours!

BuT tHeRe'S nO fOuRtEeNtH mOnTh!! Yes, we get it, find a better hobby. Or better yet, go buy a pie and shove it into your piehole. OR EVEN BEST YET, just partake in this QTE and possibly get a special site award!

For full details see the submission thread, here.

• Like 2

Hey cool a math themed event! :D 

Don't know how much I'll be able to contribute though, as I work the next 3 days straight :( I can probably get like the bare minimum and that's it. :pout: 

Wish I had the days off though, I'd love to have a Pi themed award in my showcase!!! 

This must be the first time a QTE has had an extra incentive for a Site Award isn't it?

54 minutes ago, Meikoro said:

So it has to be exact the Number 3 for example?

I assume you’ve read the rules. Because that’s the idea. 

10 minutes ago, Jerry Appleby said:

This must be the first time a QTE has had an extra incentive for a Site Award isn't it?

Probably

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Jerry Appleby said:

Will you guys allow trophies like "2nd" or "9th"? I realize that they are "numbers within a word" but they are standalone words relating to those specific numbers.

No, since we would not accept second or ninth. 

35 minutes ago, guylian said:

I know you've said in the rules numbers have to stand alone, but would you allow '3+' or '4-6'?

Yes, that’s is fine. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meikoro said:

Let you the subbmit Thread Open after Sunday?

Because of PST only update your Profile once evry 24 hrs. And i might need the Whole Weekend for this BIG Task.

I assume you’ve read the rules. Because it says we will accept submissions that are delayed due to the site sync. 

Hmmm, might give this a try. I only need to find a 1. And a 3. And also a 4 🤔

Edit: By complete coincidence I have already earned a 3 trophy today, and already found a 4 trophy.

Just gotta track down that 1 I guess.

Edited by LionSquid
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Slamma said:

I assume you’ve read the rules. Because it says we will accept submissions that are delayed due to the site sync. 

I had take a quick look. Well good to know, i won't need mention this Problem in further Events. (The PST.org Delay)

By the Way a nice QTE :)

2 hours ago, Meikoro said:

Jerry a 99+ Level is not good for this Event. Its a 99 with a + Only allowed would be a 9+ or a 09+ :)

Oh I know, I accidentally popped that while playing Nexomon last night before going to bed, wasn't planning on using it here. :p  Luckily trophies are allowed in between so it's fine. :) 

Although I was checking out a game that had some nice numbers on it and I see Slamma's profile come up as a recent player, so I decided to check on his progress. He was at 30 digits of Pi already, kinda demoralizing that the creator of the event (who of course has advance knowledge and prep time for something like this) is basically able to win his own event. I guess I'll stop at 3.1415 since I have no chance of passing that total. :( 

17 minutes ago, Jerry Appleby said:

Although I was checking out a game that had some nice numbers on it and I see Slamma's profile come up as a recent player, so I decided to check on his progress. He was at 30 digits of Pi already, kinda demoralizing that the creator of the event (who of course has advance knowledge and prep time for something like this) is basically able to win his own event. I guess I'll stop at 3.1415 since I have no chance of passing that total. :( 

Slamma isn't the "creator" of the event, he just so happened to be the one to post it up. We also have a very strict rule about prepping before events. The most prep we're allowed to do is to see how many trophies would be available to complete it, then don't touch anything until it goes live. If there's one thing I'm a massive bish about, it's that rule. I know he spent the first day planning everything out because we chat a bunch, then he started earning as soon as IRL work was done. He's not doing anything that no one else can't do and he didn't start until the event started. 

Edited by Velvet
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jerry Appleby said:

though I was checking out a game that had some nice numbers on it and I see Slamma's profile come up as a recent player, so I decided to check on his progress. He was at 30 digits of Pi already, kinda demoralizing that the creator of the event (who of course has advance knowledge and prep time for something like this) is basically able to win his own event.

Really minimizing the effort I’ve put in, thanks. 

I never plan ahead for any event because I know there needs to be a separation between Slamma the ED and Slamma the participant. I’ve been doing this for, what, almost 6 years? You think suddenly I’m putting together events simply to win them? You really think that little of me? Plus, like V said, this wasn’t even my idea. 

Question! @Slamma@Velvet

Three-mendous!
Solve a puzzle with minimum 3-letter words

If I'm understanding the QTE rules correctly, I CAN successfully submit "3-letter" as 3 but CANNOT successfully submit "Three-mendous" as "three", correct?  (Not submitting them both; just need one 3).

Edited by themindisacity

1 minute ago, themindisacity said:

Question! @Slamma@Velvet

Three-mendous!

If I'm understanding the QTE rules correctly, I CAN successfully submit "3-letter" as 3 but CANNOT successfully submit "Three-mendous" as "three", correct?  (Not submitting them both; just need one 3).

Correct. The “hyphenated” rule was referring to words, like not being able to use two-hundred as two. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, themindisacity said:

Question! @Slamma@Velvet

Three-mendous!

You can use the Word Three.

Only not llowed is like ninth or First. The Simple Word Number is ok.

• Velvet unpinned this topic