What are the Three Legendary Cars destined to win 24hr races?

johnnyhotrocks

5 hours ago, johnnyhotrocks said:

What are the Three Legendary Cars, with them costing so much credits i dont want to buy the wrong ones.
Seems as this game is doing its best to be a scrooge and drip feeding the credits/rewards.

If you can give me through tonight to test something, I'll have the full list for you. I feel like the only person on the face of the planet that doesn't believe the "it will cost you 60 million" rumor going around, lol, but want to confirm everything I can before making anything official. 

• Like 1

Ok so somewhat of a confirmation on this, lol. I reached out to the devs regarding this, made a complete ass of myself in the process (classic V), and they seem to have graciously taken pity with me for it. 

The cars for this are confirmed to only be available for purchase in the Legend Cars shop, so they won't all be available at any one given time and you'll need to keep an eye on the store. Look for cars that have the tags #Le Mans and #24Nur. If you see one of these, click on the "more info" button for the cars and in the description, you'll be told that the car was verbatimly "destined" to win. They didn't give me a list of cars and I didn't expect them to, but what I thought would've been 12+ cars available is much less. They confirmed there were more than 3 at least, so yay? I don't know when the store is supposed to rotate, but based on the past week, looks like it's about every 48 hours for some cars, 72 for others. One of them has been there for me since day one and hasn't been rotated out, so not sure how that's supposed to work tbh. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

The Audi R8 Team Joeast is definitely one of them, they won several times. It will be available in the Legandary Cars for sure, we should save up some millions. 

Edit: Before someone asks, yes this car is in the game, as there is also a Trophy related to this one.

Edit2: Also the Porsche 919 Hybrid is both in the game and a Le Mans winner.

Edited by myn3ps4
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 1:12 PM, Velvet said:

Ok so somewhat of a confirmation on this, lol. I reached out to the devs regarding this, made a complete ass of myself in the process (classic V), and they seem to have graciously taken pity with me for it. 

The cars for this are confirmed to only be available for purchase in the Legend Cars shop, so they won't all be available at any one given time and you'll need to keep an eye on the store. Look for cars that have the tags #Le Mans and #24Nur. If you see one of these, click on the "more info" button for the cars and in the description, you'll be told that the car was verbatimly "destined" to win. They didn't give me a list of cars and I didn't expect them to, but what I thought would've been 12+ cars available is much less. They confirmed there were more than 3 at least, so yay? I don't know when the store is supposed to rotate, but based on the past week, looks like it's about every 48 hours for some cars, 72 for others. One of them has been there for me since day one and hasn't been rotated out, so not sure how that's supposed to work tbh. 

i'm assuming they didn't go super in depth, but did they allude to all of the eligible cars having those tags and mentioning "destined"? there's a description for one on youtube that says it's "determined" to win. it'd be nice if they'd just fully spill the beans if they're going to make purchasing vehicles (which are extremely expensive) this cryptic. 

18 minutes ago, staytrue1985 said:

I have these five in my Legends Garage, but only one of them has the hashtag #Le Mans.

IMG_0482.jpg?width=721&height=406

IMG_0483.jpg?width=721&height=406

I have enough for it, but it would wipe my credits out. Can't decide if it is worth the gamble of buying it or not!

Someone on PSNP mentioned that they bought that car along with 2 others and they didn't unlock the trophy. It's still possible that is one of the necessary cars, but it's a big risk. Personally I would wait until there is 100% confirmation as to what cars count. This trophy could cost 60m credits according to some people, possibly as low as 10m-ish. It's too many credits to be gambling away imo, so definitely wait for a confirmed list. 

7 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Someone on PSNP mentioned that they bought that car along with 2 others and they didn't unlock the trophy. It's still possible that is one of the necessary cars, but it's a big risk. Personally I would wait until there is 100% confirmation as to what cars count. This trophy could cost 60m credits according to some people, possibly as low as 10m-ish. It's too many credits to be gambling away imo, so definitely wait for a confirmed list. 

Yeah, you're right. Can't be risking that kind of cash if we don't know the answer. I'll keep saving and try to get to 20m.

Proper dumb trophy this. Especially since they nerfed the prize money and we don’t actually know what cars are required for this trophy 😂 And the fact that you get so little for winning races. I honestly don’t even know if i can be bothered! I may even come back to this trophy a few weeks down the line when a proper list is out.

44 minutes ago, Radford999 said:

Proper dumb trophy this. Especially since they nerfed the prize money and we don’t actually know what cars are required for this trophy 😂 And the fact that you get so little for winning races. I honestly don’t even know if i can be bothered! I may even come back to this trophy a few weeks down the line when a proper list is out.

We just need one more cycle to confirm everything tbh. I know it's tedious and a bit rugged, not how things normally work. But the game is still fantastic. Even if I'm just on a Credit grind now, still having a blast.

When the servers are online, of course. 

3 hours ago, Velvet said:

We just need one more cycle to confirm everything tbh. I know it's tedious and a bit rugged, not how things normally work. But the game is still fantastic. Even if I'm just on a Credit grind now, still having a blast.

...unfortunately apparently they reduced the payouts for races to almost 50% in some cases.. which makes the grind much much more.. grindy?

5 hours ago, Velvet said:

Are the servers still offline?

8 hours ago, tgf said:

...unfortunately apparently they reduced the payouts for races to almost 50% in some cases.. which makes the grind much much more.. grindy?

Yeah, working around that. I've worked a bit of OT a work to pay for testing some of these theories I've had and while I'm not happy about the MTX situation, I'd rather test it before you guys waste credits. If the trophy doesn't pop on the next cycle... I've joked about it, but I'd rather go cleanup GT5 than put up with the nonsense of secrecy they're doing with this trophy. 

7 hours ago, Radford999 said:

Are the servers still offline?

They just went up. Patch 1.08 is where everyone should be at. 

16 hours ago, myn3ps4 said:

Yes 

Wikipedia: "The C9 was able to win all but one race in the 1989 season, including the 24 Hours of Le Mans. "

you can't say that with any certainty. it's become clear that it's not as simple as a car just winning it as there's been 3 now that havein the legendary dealership and there's no trophies popped.

5 hours ago, thedarkness91 said:

I'm really surprised that no one has this trophy yet. Surely someone by now would've accumulated a stupid amount of credits and purchased a few Le Mans cars?? 

I think the trophy must be bugged....

Do you release how hard it is to grind credits lol. It’s a serious amount of grinding. Some of the cars are 20 million each. And you don’t even know if they count for the trophy. Not to mention all of the 3 cars might not have even been in the dealership yet.

11 hours ago, Radford999 said:

Do you release how hard it is to grind credits lol. It’s a serious amount of grinding. Some of the cars are 20 million each. And you don’t even know if they count for the trophy. Not to mention all of the 3 cars might not have even been in the dealership yet.

Sure but there are people out there that play this game religiously almost 24/7 because they want the platinum first. I'm sure there are people out there who have purchased 3-5 legendary vehicles that are worth many millions by now especially as the game has been out almost 3 weeks, some players may have gotten 1m credits for 'free' by buying the 25th anniversary edition or using microtransactions to acquire the credits they need.

1 hour ago, thedarkness91 said:

Sure but there are people out there that play this game religiously almost 24/7 because they want the platinum first. I'm sure there are people out there who have purchased 3-5 legendary vehicles that are worth many millions by now especially as the game has been out almost 3 weeks, some players may have gotten 1m credits for 'free' by buying the 25th anniversary edition or using microtransactions to acquire the credits they need.

But the point is, nobody knows WHICH 3  cars Polyphony means and whether all three have even been available yet. Apparently not.