The PST Collaboration Proclamation - Discussion Thread

Velvet

1 hour ago, Velvet said:

A unit of distance must be specified in the trophy. We could make an exception for this game based on it being about track and running, but since no unit is specified, it won’t be allowed. 

What if there is a unit of distance, but the description isn’t intending it to be used as a distance? Like for example cut off 100 feet? Clearly feet is a unit of distance, but in this case the description refers to the human body part.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

What if there is a unit of distance, but the description isn’t intending it to be used as a distance? Like for example cut off 100 feet? Clearly feet is a unit of distance, but in this case the description refers to the human body part.

I hope they would allow that because it rewards you for thinking outside the box!

12 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Yeah that’s ok to use 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Meikoro said:

You guys are that desperated to just throw in anysubbmission to not set this as a complete failure?

Thani could use my Wool ? :)

Or Money? Some Rich people use this to measure certain Human parts with it :D

If someone can get away with using an obscure measurement that isn't even defined but is variable, using a website anyone can edit (that 'point' article was created half an hour ago by a user called 'themindisacheater' :think:) but I'm not allowed to 'Run a distance of X' on a game called Track then I'm going to write Webb and RX a strongly-worded letter.

Part of me thinks it should be allowed though for the pure nerve of it.

Edited by Darth_Krid
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Meikoro said:

So i guess we 2 finally pair up :D Give me a PM here.

Bit late, it finished a few hours ago :p

I was going to do it with @Stay True, but tbh I'm a little burned out from the Rumble and already have loads on my profile to finish without that Smutty Summer Games shit added to it, and Infinity Runner or whatever nonsense he wanted me to play. Plus I'm too into Horizon so don't want to take too long off it!

Edited by Darth_Krid
  • Sad 1

2 submissions? That must be a new low, or close to it. I did post my interest in taking part, but nobody took me up on the offer, which is probably for the best anyway as upon closer inspection I don't think I had any suitable trophies, and Forbidden West came so that was that. 

I couldn't find enough distance. I think I found like 1600 from Bully. 

I do remember reading a trophy list and thinking it was perfect for the event but I can't remember what that list was and if it was a game I actually owned or not. :p

On the plus side a rare award for the winners! 

I think the Idea was good but to speciffic.

Would be like: Person one and two earn together a Certain Distance. 1st. Pair

Person one and Two earn togehter at least the double amount of Distance they earned before. 2. Pair.

So it would be easier to go like a 10 Miles trophy togther and than something with 20 or higher or go with a 1000 KM trophy....

Oh well was fun to watch nothing happens :D

On 2/23/2022 at 4:42 AM, The Alchemist said:

2 submissions? That must be a new low, or close to it. I did post my interest in taking part, but nobody took me up on the offer, which is probably for the best anyway as upon closer inspection I don't think I had any suitable trophies, and Forbidden West came so that was that. 

I would have said 2 reasons why it didn't do so well.

1. The Rumble just ended, and it was too quick of a turnaround.

2. Horizon just came out and most people are playing that instead and don't care enough to work on this event.

I appreciate the fact that the staff are trying to keep us entertained with constant events, but I think having an event on continuously with no breaks lessens the excitement and participating in them. I mean, it's nice getting Site Awards too, but if the staff keeps giving them out left, right, and center, it kinda lessens the value of earning one. :twocents:

10 hours ago, diskdocx said:

I wonder if our sub was even accepted? I was really expecting some @Slammabeatdown. Now I’m worried this is gonna be another one for @Velvetto put in her growing book of future payback 🥶

You might get it accepted as a sympathy just because no one else submitted and you at least tried 😜

As for the event, I think the issue was that it was waaaay too specific in terms of the distances required. You were limited to a very finite pool of games and most of those required a big time sink and for me personally after coming straight off the Rumble and with Horizon out I didn’t have the energy or desire to go for it. Stuff like Track not being allowed based on  extreme technicalities also didn’t help.

It’s totally fine though, not every event should be a doddle to complete and nor should they, and it’s also unrealistic to expect every one to be a raging success. I’m sure the next one will be great (the 2s one seemed popular!).

Edited by Darth_Krid

• Velvet unpinned and locked this topic