General Trophy Discussion

Iceyice

1 hour ago, Iceyice said:

I saw on Redfit that there will be server maintenance 5/26- 6:00-8:00 UTC. I don't know what time that is in the US or UK, but is that just maintenance or a Tomahawk patch as well?

I suggest anyone still grinding, get more in just in case....

There is some info in-game and on their website and they will change some of the PP restrictions for some races. Other minor fixes etc but nothing about the Tomahawk. I'd be surprised if they patch it but will try to do some more grinding tonight if I can before probably moving on from this game as I'm a bit burnt out by it....I'd probably stay and play more if there was more in-game content (I cbf doing the last 5% of CE to gold standard tbh) and cars didn't cost such a stupidly high amount....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kunegunda_GoRyl said:

I think GT6 plat was THE easiest. Can't remember anything actually tough there, when GT7 has the S-7 & S-10 licenses.

If 4 had trophy support, it might have been up there with 5 as far as hard GT Platinums are concerned. Just a hunch. We'll never know I guess.

GT5 Prologue might have been the easiest GT Plat. Again, we'll never know 🤔

15 minutes ago, lofty_89 said:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/nz/gt7/news/00_1040603.html

Looks like they completely skipped 1.14 and only gave us 3 cars and a new scapes location. Whoop whoop

Haha man that's a small update considering we hadn't had one in a month.

I bet the Suzuki and Toyota will both be 1m each....not sure on the Rampage? 🤔

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, lofty_89 said:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/nz/gt7/news/00_3170146.html

Complete patch notes. Looks like the tomahawk has been nerfed. 

On the bright side there are 3 new cafe menus

Excellent - now THAT's an update....I'll test out the Tomahawk shortly. I'm sure naffantait will be looking for a new way on his YouTube channel to use the Tomahawk. 

If it is indeed patched then I can kiss collecting the majority of the cars goodbye as I've already gotten 90-95% of circuit exp to gold and done pretty much everything else in-game except 2 endurance races.

Edit: Tomahawk is now patched....my car has PP of 1314!

Suzuki VGT is 1m credits as expected, the Rampage is 300k and the new Toyota is 3m credits. 

I think I'll tackle the new menus. :)

Edited by thedarkness91

Posted (edited)

Seems a good update and with some more menus being added I’m guessing you can win some expensive cars from each race. All the GT Vision cars are 1m from memory so if you can unlock 3 of those then that will save 3m.

Edited by iLion

1 hour ago, iLion said:

Seems a good update and with some more menus being added I’m guessing you can win some expensive cars from each race. All the GT Vision cars are 1m from memory so if you can unlock 3 of those then that will save 3m.

You don't win a car after each race, you win a car after completing the 3 races and fulfilling the criteria e.g. make podium. 

I did the Kei car championship and won the Radical (already purchased), got a daily mileage ticket and won an exhaust then I did the VGT championship and won a gold 6-star roulette ticket which got me 500k in credits. 

Cars used:
Kei championship: Honda S660 (tune up to 400PP)
VGT: Dodge Tomahawk, TCS to 5 and Racing Soft tyres for maximum grip

I've trialed the Gr.1 championship and the Dallara F1 car works wonders! It's super light and handles brilliantly to catch up and overtake the AI. One thing to note is (I did 4-5 laps of Suzuka) is that a monsoon rained down on lap 4 much to my surprise so everyone had to pit. I didn't have HW or Intermediates so exited the race. The reward for this championship is a 6-star roulette ticket as well....

6 hours ago, Iceyice said:

If 4 had trophy support, it might have been up there with 5 as far as hard GT Platinums are concerned. Just a hunch. We'll never know I guess.

That would depend on the requirements. The missions were a challenge, but still a level below Vettel from GT5. Obviously been a long time since I've played it, but the licenses were a good challenge too IIRC. If you needed to win every race in the game, it would have been a looooooong plat.

With the new PS+ setup, hope is not lost that they could remaster GT4, but I have a feeling that car/track licensing would be a huge issue.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, lofty_89 said:

https://www.gran-turismo.com/nz/gt7/news/00_3170146.html

Complete patch notes. Looks like the tomahawk has been nerfed. 

On the bright side there are 3 new cafe menus

does that mean now I can finally stack the plat on the PS4 version?

EDIT: can confirm that the entire trophy list auto pops now

Edited by honda hoe
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Iceyice said:

GT5 Prologue might have been the easiest GT Plat. Again, we'll never know 🤔

I did everything in 4 & I mean EVERYTHING (SLR on Nurburgring, oh boi...) it was the best GT to date for me. Remember standing in a long queue to the games shop at the release day. Good times :)

I was hoping the trophies would auto-pop immediately upon launching the game so that I wouldn't need to download the entire 100+ GB file, but after launching it and playing a few seconds of a music rally only 2 distance trophies popped. Sucks having to download such a huge game for 30 seconds work. Suppose I'll have to rest mode it overnight 😐

Posted (edited)

Did the Gr.1 championship to get a 6 star roulette which gave me the AMG VGT but I had already won this car in a previous roulette 2 months ago! Oh well...

I can definitely recommend the Dallara F1 car to smoke the AI. Daytona and St Croix are easy and in sunny conditions. Suzuka race has heavy rain for 60% of it and I recommend Heavy Wet tyres not Intermediates.

Kei and Gr.3 endurances races are frustrating BS with rubberbanding AI and tyres that degrade like crazy after just a few laps - seriously, why are the other endurance races so much easier than these? Cbf with last few remaining CE so that's a wrap...

Doesn't look like anyone has a new Tomahawk setup so it looks like any grinding is over! 

Edited by thedarkness91

Guys.

Way off topic, but is there something we can do to get the 'What's New' feature from PS4 to the 5?

I never know if my friends are earning trophies anymore.

That feature brought me closer to PSN friends. There's nothing like it in PS5 land.

I need it back, but I'm just one voice.

1 hour ago, Iceyice said:

Guys.

Way off topic, but is there something we can do to get the 'What's New' feature from PS4 to the 5?

I never know if my friends are earning trophies anymore.

That feature brought me closer to PSN friends. There's nothing like it in PS5 land.

I need it back, but I'm just one voice.

No, unfortunately. It was a feature on PS4 and isn't simply something that you can transfer over to PS5. It would be nice to have something similar on PS5, though. The social aspect of PS5 can feel a little isolating at times, because there is no hub like the 'what's new' section, and the feeling of isolation is further exacerbated as most people are still on PS4. My only gripe with the 'what's new' section is that it was completely broken most of the time, and even when it did work it wasn't all that great. If something similar was introduced then it would need to be much more refined, and integration with other services would be a nice bonus too. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

"From Monday, 30 May we will be testing Daily Race events that will not affect a player's Driver Rating (DR) and Sportsmanship Rating (SR).

We welcome all beginners and players who would like to enjoy the 'Sport' mode in a stress-free environment to join in the action!"

This doesn't sound like a good idea. I can only imagine that there will be some people that will just cause havoc knowing it won't affect their ratings 

Edited by lofty_89
  • Like 2

I agree. I think they want to encourage players who don't normally play online to try it out instead of abandoning the game now that a lot of people have the platinum trophy. 

They just don't seem to understand that the majority of the community would stay and play the game longer if there was more content in the game instead of drip-feeding us with 5-10 new races and very few new cars.

How hard can it be to bring out say 10-20 new cars, 20 new races, the ability to sell cars and a wider number of used cars on sale at any time??? 

• Like 1

Personally I think the online portion of the game needs alot of work. My biggest gripe is I can be running in the top few and someone who misses their breaking point sends me into the gravel and the back of the pack. 

I feel a better way to do this would be if you come in too hot, you get ghosted and if your ghost makes contact with me you get a penalty, that way my race isn't affected and the person who tried using me as a breaking assist doesn't benefit (as well as every other car behind them)

5 hours ago, lofty_89 said:

Personally I think the online portion of the game needs alot of work. My biggest gripe is I can be running in the top few and someone who misses their breaking point sends me into the gravel and the back of the pack. 

I feel a better way to do this would be if you come in too hot, you get ghosted and if your ghost makes contact with me you get a penalty, that way my race isn't affected and the person who tried using me as a breaking assist doesn't benefit (as well as every other car behind them)

This also happens in the Human Comedy endurance missions as I've been hit very hard by the AI on the inside to corners. It's like they see a gap and just go for it. I think in online you just expect things to go wrong due to human error so it's probably better to be extra cautious.