General Trophy Discussion

Iceyice

22 minutes ago, iLion said:

Not far off then especially if you made a couple of biggish errors to correct.

Yeah, I know there were at least 2 that cost me 1sec+ each, and a few spots where I was pretty conservative. The more planted RWD physics should help too.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the comments guys! It's nice to wake up to some good news that the exploit still works and they've fixed a few things regarding braking etc...

I'll give the Tokyo race a go later today along with S2 of Deep Forest.

I changed my earlier comment to reflect newer comments so there's no confusion.

21 minutes ago, Barra333 said:

Just got on and completed one lap (woth restarts, about 40km) and got a 39.8. Gold is 37.8

Nice work. To hit the time do you need pretty much a perfect lap or is there a reasonable margin for conservative driving?

Previously known point "Cases where Performance Points do not calculate correctly if the output of the engine is ajusted with a power restrictor, or if extreme settings or specific operations are performed on a Fully Customizable Transmission" still remains among "Known Issues" in the title screen menu, so I'm guessing we may see more of Tomahawk/Tokyo nerfing in the future.

I'm guessing the issue with Tomahawk may be too complex to solve without readjusting the entire PP system & in addition to that Polyphony is famous with its laziness with GT7 that's why they "solved" it how they did within current update :D

5 hours ago, Iceyice said:

If anyone is having problems, and i did!!, I found this setup to work like a charm for me for "Tomahawk II:The Revenge" 🤪

Thank you! This is a godsend! 
If you follow this clip, he details how to get a 502PP setup and a 477PP setup. You just have to make the 502PP one, go to top of the screen, select duplicate sheet and change a few minor settings and voila! You'll have the Tomahawk ready for two different kinds of categories! 

This also means my comments from last night about using the Red Bull car for the Spa 60 min race is moot as the Tomahawk can be used - I can confirm this as I just tested it and within half a lap I was ahead. It was ridiculous! 

Side note, Suzuki Cappucino is available at Used Cars (it's the 'HOT!' car) lol....

Legendary Dealership also updated with the new cars being:

Mercedes-Benz S Barker Tourer '29 - NEW (Cr. 13,000,000) 

Dodge Challenger R/T '70 - NEW (Cr. 253,000)

Porsche Spyder type 550/1500RS '55 - NEW (Cr. 5,000,000)

Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74 - NEW (Cr. 1,100,000)

Guess I'm going spending again along with grinding! :) 

Edited by thedarkness91
  • Like 2

So I tampered with most basic stuff to detune my Tomahawk as the Reditt thread suggests (ECU - Change 70 to 90, Ballast - increase this to 3kg, Power restrictor- change 70 to 90) & I ended up with 594,97 PP. Tried to slightly change these setups to go closer to 600 but it all crumbles to 1200+ as soon as I touched anything, so I stayed with the mentioned changes to the pre-patch tune, here's some of my remarks to the new Tokyo run after 2 attempts:

- car is DRASTICALLY faster, pre-patch I overtook the entire grid within 10 sec dead. Now it's like 8,4 sec. This is ENORMOUS difference, 1.5+ sec may not be that much, but we're talking about like 300m distance or so here. Fastest lap I managed to pull (sluggish af, nowhere near decent) was around 1.09.800 on Fuel Map 6, when pre patch absolute top I got was 1.10.080 on Fuel Map 1 :classic_ohmy:

- top speed on the main straight is like ~70 km/h higher than pre patch, even on lowest Fuel Mix (6), that difference in speed makes taking turns way harder, but at least the issues with jamming gearbox are gone & super-wet hairpin on laps 1 & 2 can finally be cleared smoothly. Same with driving off the wet patch of the hairpin if you end up too much on the outside

- it's still possible to do this race without pitting in for fuel (just did multiple times), but with 3% of fuel at the finish line though. Fuel Map 6 & some smart coasting is required, so no more flexible Fuel Map strategies here unfortunately. Remember that lifting off throttle slows down car pretty effectively & contributes towards fuel economy significantly (brakes are almost over-effective & gaining speed after braking is 1 of 2 instances where the most fuel is used)

Edited by Kunegunda_GoRyl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Barra333 said:

If the sectors need 10/10, the whole lap still needs a 9.5. Not a huge margin. 

In my opinion the sectors are much more difficult than the full lap. There are some sectors which look easy enough on the first run but then you realise the gold time is in fact extremely tight. I did it before the suspension and brake changes so maybe that makes it a bit easier now. It's certainly a challenge, but I don't think it's necessarily harder than the other experiences. The most difficult part is keeping your concentration for 6.5 minutes, but it's well worth it for the credits. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, each sector need much closer to perfection to get gold, but I think putting them all together in a lap is harder.

What probably wasn't clear in my comment now that I read it again was that I meant you need to drive 10/10 effort/perfection for the sectors, but only 9.5 for the full lap. Thinking more, I guess the best way of describing the lap is needing to do at least a silver time on every sector back to back. 

• Like 1

On 4/26/2022 at 1:10 AM, honda hoe said:

Assuming you've already done the original method for the glitch all you need to change is the following:

• ECU - Change 70 to 90

• Ballast - increase this to 3kg

• Power restrictor- change 70 to 90

Is this all you had to change to make the Tomahawk eligible again?

I followed naffantait's new Tomahawk video and now the best lap I can set is 1:25! It's way slower and the car turns much slower too. Bugger....

The 1.13 update has done a great job at rectifying what I felt and perceived were braking issues for a number of vehicles.

I got gold for all sectors of Interlagos in Circ Exp but for some reason really struggled to gold the entire lap - no idea why. I really like this circuit and the car but for some reason couldn't crack gold..... This morning I felt the GTR had much better braking and got gold within 10 attempts. I heard the Catalunya Circ Exp sectors and lap were incredibly hard but I managed to get gold on the first two sectors with relative ease. Same with the Renault on Alsace. I might give the Viper a crack at Laguna Seca again....suddenly the amount of golds left in Circ Exp are diminishing. 

The Laguna Seca race in Sport Mode with the Radical is also lots of fun - only 8 cars when I raced it earlier today and it was quite a close and intimate race with good battles.

After a hour on the nordschleife tonight I got to a 35.9. There is definitely a 34.x there for me, but couldn't be bothered grinding it. Found that I was way quicker with TCS off than on 1. The TC just cripples acceleration, and the physics update makes the margin for error much bigger. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Barra333 said:

After a hour on the nordschleife tonight I got to a 35.9. There is definitely a 34.x there for me, but couldn't be bothered grinding it. Found that I was way quicker with TCS off than on 1. The TC just cripples acceleration, and the physics update makes the margin for error much bigger. 

I've found this too. Normally TCS on 1 is sufficient for gold but today I experimented with TCS at 0 and it made a huge difference. That being said, I've gotten gold sectors on different tracks with TCS at 5.

This is another inconsistency that is frustrating. 

How many gold sectors do you have for the Nurb? Which ones are you missing? 

I agree with TheAlchemist that while individual sectors can be challenging, stringing it all together for 6.5 minutes is the ultimate stress test.

Geez....has the new update made everything a lot easier? I knew they fixed some physics regarding braking but now Circ Exp on a lot of tracks isn't very difficult (hooray?!).

I knocked out S2 of Deep Forest with that god awful Audi after a bunch of attempts and then nailed the full lap without too many issues. Never thought I'd be able to do this Circ Exp as the car is ratshit and handles like a hippo on a wetslide. 

Sectors of Le Mans were a breeze - last one is super funn with the high speed! Did the full lap of Willow Springs with the Mustang after being 0.5 seconds off pre-patch. Alsace was far too easy with the Renault and now I just finished all sectors of Spa with the Porsche. Final sector of St Croix with the Veyron also went down by a good margin after a 20 minute struggle.

One thing I still can't do is S3 of Tokyo Yamagiwa! I got within 0.2 of gold but now I can't get closer than 0.6 seconds. I'm using TCS 1 with ASM and the countersteering assist on strong. Should I take these off? I've kept them on for every other time trial. What setup did you use for this sector?? 

Edited by thedarkness91

29 minutes ago, thedarkness91 said:

I'm using TCS 1 with ASM and the countersteering assist on strong. Should I take these off? I've kept them on for every other time trial. What setup did you use for this sector?? 

I never use ASM or countersteer assist, but depending on the car, TCS can really slow you down. It was costing me over a second in the first sector of the Nordschleife. Try without it and see how you go. I'll give Yamigawa a try tonight and give an informed opinion then.

• Like 1