General Trophy Discussion

Iceyice

Is anyone else trying to fill up their garage as much as possible? I'm up to 247/424 cars now, and nearly every car that is left to purchase is either a track car, vision GT, or a legendary, so I'm not sure how much further I can progress without grinding for more credits. I'd love to have a full garage but I don't think it's possible without a huge time investment. 

Edited by The Alchemist
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Is anyone else trying to fill up their garage as much as possible? 

nope

fuck this game

as soon as I buy the other 2 legendary cars I'm deleting it

I thought this was a game I'd play for all eternity (like I did with GT4 back on PS2) but PD's questionable decisions have left a bitter taste in my mouth

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MickeyMix said:

How have you guys all been doing this tomahawk on Tokyo? I've done 2 matches and it's super tedious. Up to 3 million but damn is it boring. 

I did it quite some times, with all driving assists on beginner it's a no brain task. I use to watch youtube documentations or listen to podcasts while grinding :D

3 hours ago, myn3ps4 said:

Haha yes, literally 10/10 of my latest reward tickets gave me the smallest money option. Don't know if it's intended to work this way as it's completely frustrating in a special way, first you earn a 1-star ticket, then you geht the worst price of it.

But anyway, if you get lucky and earn 5-star ticket it's even worse, as you can see the shiny gold bars and cars you don't get. 😪 

It's the fucked up sense of elitism driving this game's design "YOU CAN'T HAVE ALL THESE GOOD THINGS, THIS IS FOR THE ELITHE WHO GRIND THEIR ASS OFF & FEW LUCKY ONES". Instead of letting you enjoy the game, they give you a tedious everyday life sim. This alone makes the game 70% tedious 30% fun. This series pretty much died as a legendary benchmark of racing games it once was. GT Sport started this weird trend & GT7 does whatever it can to cement this death. 

How have you guys all been doing this tomahawk on Tokyo? I've done 2 matches and it's super tedious. Up to 3 million but damn is it boring. 

Yes it is VERY boring, but with the update blocking this grind just around the corner, doing anything else in the game pretty much makes no sense if you just want to save up the money to get this plat over with asap (or if you just want to save some money to have any fun at all if you plan on playing any of thus in the future).

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, myn3ps4 said:

Haha yes, literally 10/10 of my latest reward tickets gave me the smallest money option. Don't know if it's intended to work this way as it's completely frustrating in a special way, first you earn a 1-star ticket, then you geht the worst price of it.

But anyway, if you get lucky and earn 5-star ticket it's even worse, as you can see the shiny gold bars and cars you don't get. 😪 

I got 1 million credits from a 6 star ticket for finishing the Finale.

Not bad, but for the most part it seems rigged like a slot machine.

Edited by Iceyice

4 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

Is anyone else trying to fill up their garage as much as possible? I'm up to 247/424 cars now, and nearly every car that is left to purchase is either a track car, vision GT, or a legendary, so I'm not sure how much further I can progress without grinding for more credits. I'd love to have a full garage but I don't think it's possible without a huge time investment. 

Yes I'm up to 270 cars and it's tedious as hell and a massive time investment. I've sunk a stupid amount of time into grinding but others have done even more.

3 hours ago, honda hoe said:

nope

fuck this game

I thought this was a game I'd play for all eternity (like I did with GT4 back on PS2) but PD's questionable decisions have left a bitter taste in my mouth

Me too...I think I'll come back to the game periodically just to check the used cars and maybe do a career race or two but that's about it.

I've switched back to GT Sport for a little while. Figured if I am racing online I might as well take a stab at those pesky online trophies.

I've gone from 3 wins to 7 wins so far today, so I've more than doubled my total today alone. No more pole positions as of yet, but if one of my better tracks comes up then I can try and grind them then. 

• Like 1

Back up to 1.5m credits from pretty much 0 this evening by doing some more menus and circuit events. Is there certain circuit events which are a breeze as I want to get up to 9m credits to buy the Ferrari? I’ve only done 5 so far and I’m enjoying them, slowly build up to Nurb though rather than jumping straight to the highest reward track.

As a question to those who are pretty much just grinding now for credits and are seemingly ready to move on from the game as soon as the (P) pops, do you think you’d be more into the game if there was a tough trophy list attached to it which required a serious time investment like previous titles? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, iLion said:

Back up to 1.5m credits from pretty much 0 this evening by doing some more menus and circuit events. Is there certain circuit events which are a breeze as I want to get up to 9m credits to buy the Ferrari? I’ve only done 5 so far and I’m enjoying them, slowly build up to Nurb though rather than jumping straight to the highest reward track.

As a question to those who are pretty much just grinding now for credits and are seemingly ready to move on from the game as soon as the (P) pops, do you think you’d be more into the game if there was a tough trophy list attached to it which required a serious time investment like previous titles? 

Easiest Circ Experiences (IMO):
- Broadbean Speedway
- Blue Moon Speedway
- Tsukuba
- Fuji (car handles superbly so don't be afraid to thrash it on TCS 1 setting)
- Dragon Trail
- High Speed Ring - important to ride the high parts of the corners and middle part of the circuit you should go slowly to get best trajectory into final sector

I'd definitely invest more time into it if the trophy list was harder and there were more events in the career mode. If I didn't enjoy the game or found it too challenging then I'd give up as I simply don't have the time or patience to work on a few sectors of Circ Exp during the week for a one-off payment.

I've got 95% of trophies (only need 13 more sport races for another bronze), 70%+ in circ exp, done more than 90% of career mode, have over 270 cars etc...just feels like there's not enough content and the reward system is crap so doesn't justify sticking around longer. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, iLion said:

As someone who's done almost the entire game twice - licenses + menu's + sport mode + most of the circuits then I'd say there's not much content unless you're taking things very very slowly. It was over very fast, currently 32 hours fast on the other account (minus idle + dependant on sport mode race weeks) 

@honda hoe and I were talking earlier and I agree with everything he said in regards to the car collection. Not only is it lacking in car models but the real life pricing models is rediculous. The plus side is the 3x legendaries are not 20m a piece like the former games. Once I get the platinum though will definitely continue to play sport mode. 

58 minutes ago, iLion said:

Nope. I bought this game pretty much for having fun & experience similar to GT2-4. After the torment of GT Sport platinum I rly wanted an easy one & got it. Shame the game alone did not live up to my (rather modest) expectations.

6 hours ago, honda hoe said:

nope

fuck this game

THIS ^

100% rel. & this comes from hard-core fan, playing these games since 98. Can't believe what they done with the series. I thought GT Sport was just a single fuck-up & they will return in full glory with this. The outcome is actually sad.

2 minutes ago, Kunegunda_GoRyl said:

PS to add insult to injury the used car dealerships rotation got so insanely slow since they doubled the quantity, that the wait for remaining two cars for the 3 Legendary Cars trophy may literally take few months now... :whiteflag:

I'm actually hoping that since the quantity increased from 5 to 10, the rotation would speed up

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, honda hoe said:

I'm actually hoping that since the quantity increased from 5 to 10, the rotation would speed up

I'm checking it frequently. Used cars dealership used to change each day at 0200 o'clock AM (Central Europe time) & there are way less cars rotating everyday now, that's 4sure. What's even worse Legendary Cars dealership got WAY slower in terms of rotation. There's like one car rotating every few days now (assuming that rotation will be kept at regular basis).

I agree with you guys! The used car dealership rotates far too slowly and it's embarrassing! I suspect the Legendary dealership will get lots of new cars at once as they've all largely been available from the same time (apart from the Ferrari, 787B and RCP92).

I really don't think Polyphony understands what consumers want and it's not very hard to grasp either....

41 minutes ago, thedarkness91 said:

I really don't think Polyphony understands what consumers want and it's not very hard to grasp either....

They seem to have better idea of what we want & gonna deliver it despite our expectations. Battlefield 2042 style. And the result itself is barely better. I'm through being mad tbh, just sad when I remember how much fun I had in GT2 & GT4. May sound funny, but these were life-defining games for me. GT1 started my passion toward Japanese cars. Due to next games in the series I got into collecting cars. Pretty financially-damaging hobby I tell U 😅 managed to snap out of it in recent years & started to finally live a little :)

After almost 5,500km on the clock of my Tomahawk I finally managed to go down from EXCELLENT to NORMAL with engine condition & body rigidity. Wonder how this actually works. Is it tied to the mileage alone - will for example Abarth 500 deteriorate at this same rate/mileage? Or it's more about the speeds and hitting high G's - Tomahawk goes up to 500km/h, takes turns at 240 - 300+ km/h. Hope I'd never get to find out by myself, I don't think I'll survive another grinding of this caliber in GT7 :)

Tokyo Yamagiwa sector 3 is nuts and I call bullshit on the demonstration ghost who somehow gains incredible speed after the first hairpin. 

I'm thankful for at least getting full gold on Sardegna after 100 attempts getting flung into barriers due to the natural speed bumps at the top of this track. The offroad physics are garbage! Just got gold for full lap of Trial Mountain too. 😊

Edited by thedarkness91
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, MickeyMix said:

Decided to say screw it and get the Ferrari 330 P4. Completely bankrupted for a car that'll never get driven just for a silver trophy. Not a bad looker mind, just not something I'm itching to drive around with. 

The platinum trophy is worth it. Do you have the other two cars yet or are you waiting for them to reappear? 

With some luck they might not patch the Tokyo exploit today which would be awesome as some of you could have the opportunity to earn mega bucks. I'm kinda doing a mixture of exploit and Circ Exp as I find the grind very boring now....

Is it just me or are there far too many 1m cars in this game? How many VGT models does one need?? I estimate that after doing the Tokyo race 50+ times, I'd still need to do it another 50-100x just to buy all the other cars from brand central - this is probably not including the invitational cars which can be up to 3.6m cr! 

Decided to say screw it and get the Ferrari 330 P4. Completely bankrupted for a car that'll never get driven just for a silver trophy. Not a bad looker mind, just not something I'm itching to drive around with. 

The 3 Legendary Cars required for the trophy were just a curiosity, never found much use for them, outside of a casual test drive since they ever appeared in GT5.

1 hour ago, thedarkness91 said:

The platinum trophy is worth it. Do you have the other two cars yet or are you waiting for them to reappear? 

With some luck they might not patch the Tokyo exploit today which would be awesome as some of you could have the opportunity to earn mega bucks. I'm kinda doing a mixture of exploit and Circ Exp as I find the grind very boring now....

Is it just me or are there far too many 1m cars in this game? How many VGT models does one need?? I estimate that after doing the Tokyo race 50+ times, I'd still need to do it another 50-100x just to buy all the other cars from brand central - this is probably not including the invitational cars which can be up to 3.6m cr! 

You rly wan't to collect them all? C'mon mate, that just doesn't make sense tbh ;) I don't really care about the pricing of VGT cars, I find them so uninteresting they could cost 100 millions for what I care :D Anyway, already hitting 50 million & I only need 16 million for the 2 remaining legendaries. There's no information about the update, but since the economy balancing patch landed they seem to stop informing about maintenance, so maybe they're just dishing out the update without the need of shutting down the entire game...

Wondering if there's any sense of grinding anymore. I'm practically 35+million above what I need for the plat & further grinding only makes me dislike the game. Seems like the best idea would be to completely drop the game for like 6-12 months & come back with all that money when there will be some reasonable content available. Wanted to finish golding the Human Comedy, but
the weirdly forced handicap (people getting pissed on Reddit) discourages me to even try the 3 races I got left.