PST Royal Rumble ~ Discussion

staytrue1985

Day 9 - 7th February 

Location Location [Location]

Which locations? Just two. Earn two trophies with locations in the title or description. Everyone will be ranked by how far the distance is between the two locations, and the person with the shortest distance will be eliminated.

Any locations in the world will count, as long as when you Google it you get a little map in the results (you need to type the word distance in your search to get the little map):

unknown.png

• Trophies must be earned between 00:00UTC and 22:00UTC on 7th Feb. 
  • All locations have to be real places, on Earth!
  • You can make multiple submissions if you wish.
  • Any trophies are eligible. 
  • Trophies do not have to be consecutive. 
  • Tie-breaker if needed will be trophy rarity. 

@iLion, @Jerry Appleby@The Alchemist, @staytrue1985, @wrestlefanatic77, @russelguppy, @Martz

Edited by staytrue1985

I assume the locations have to be on "earth" right? Can't do the distance from the Sun or Moon to a city? :rofl: 

I found a EZPZ game that could help me with this. But the only problem is that I'm going out to perform at the pub tonight, so that leaves me with just under 2 hours to earn trophies before sleep/work...

Edited by Jerry Appleby

Yay, so glad I saved all those location trophies 🙄 could have played TWD after all.

Real shame it’s not a quantity over quality event as our resident stunt biker would be utterly fucked if it was a ‘get the most trophies with country names’ round  :(

Edited by Darth_Krid

1 minute ago, Darth_Krid said:

Oh yeah, I’ll say this now. If you come up with a really good pair and submit it with about 12 hours left then it gets copied by everyone: you are an idiot.

Will you be really angry when I tell everyone about the Antarctica trophy? :p

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/596-front-mission-evolved

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

I've gone private 😎 

Time to take this seriously

Should have done it from the start. As well as disconnecting your PS4 from the internet so it doesn’t sync until you want it to in case someone else updates your PSNP profile for you.  

Evryone playing BMX+ and stalking others Profiles too see whos got the Best Stunt done in this Game is kinda a Way to keep a Weekend done :D

Meanwhile i have rebuy'ed UFC Undisputed 3 for PS3 for a few EZPZ UR Trophies, i was missing this Game in Library but start it.

With the ridiculus Score this Weekend i would be out anyway even with the BMX on my Feets

Well glat the foul Fruit is out of the Ring and now all whats left is purley Mens Scent.

Yeah I guess going private or not submitting will ruin the fun of stalking and tension, and there’s no running scores throughout the day, but it’s the sensible thing to do.

Depends how seriously you take things and if you’re in it for fun or to win. I of course am definitely the former.

Any smarty-pants here want to start rattling off potential combinations? It would save a lot of unnecessary time searching for locations using the archaic psnp search system. 

Google tells me that the furthest possible distance between 2 locations is 19,996km (20,010km depending on the source), but I doubt the 2 places in question appear in any trophies. So... just start from there. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Alchemist said:

Any smarty-pants here want to start rattling off potential combinations? It would save a lot of unnecessary time searching for locations using the archaic psnp search system. 

Google tells me that the furthest possible distance between 2 locations is 19,996km (20,010km depending on the source), but I doubt the 2 places in question appear in any trophies. So... just start from there. 

I could give people a combination that will almost certainly see them through and can be achieved in less than half an hour for very little cost.

I don’t want to reveal it publicly because I want to a) know if you’ll trust me enough to message me asking and b) decide if I like you enough to tell you if you fulfil a). 

@Jerry Appleby check your Facebook Messenger! And for fucking maple syrup’s sake don’t submit it before you go to work eh?

Also, those Google map distances are random as fuck. They don’t go from the exact centre of the country, from the capital cities, from the coast or from the nearest/furthest point from each other 😂 Luckily it’s the same for everyone so it’s still fair but still not very accurate at all.

Edited by Darth_Krid

1 minute ago, LionSquid said:

Doesn’t show up in Google on the map. One of the first things I checked too!

So any geological location on Earth... That should mean my 2 areas that I am thinking of should qualify as they consititue actual physical locations. 

16 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Doesn’t show up in Google on the map. One of the first things I checked too!

Both the North and South Pole are exact areas on Earth and therefore should be considered legitimate submissions. I think confirmation by StayTrue on this would be nice or he could say those are off-limits due to the abuse those two areas could bring, LOL

Edited by wrestlefanatic77

Went ahead and completed the challenge tonight and will be submitting it now. This was easy but the game I went with was a pain in the ass. Easy game but so damn monotonous.  And naturally, I'll try to resubmit if I am not dead last in the rankings in the next 16 hours or so.

Edited by wrestlefanatic77

1 hour ago, wrestlefanatic77 said:

Went ahead and completed the challenge tonight and will be submitting it now. This was easy but the game I went with was a pain in the ass. Easy game but so damn monotonous.  And naturally, I'll try to resubmit if I am not dead last in the rankings in the next 16 hours or so.

I have that game but have already done the tourist version of each trophy (complete 1 puzzle) and so to get the distant trophies I'm gonna have to do the sightseer version (complete all the puzzles). Boredom here I come (I have already platinumed the Vita stack and am not buying a regional version ;) )

Edited by russelguppy

• Slamma unpinned this topic
  • Slamma locked this topic