PST Guide Writer's Leaderboard

Velvet

Neat idea! I didn't realize some of the members here have written over 200 guides alone!

I think with the said intention of this leaderboard, there is some truth in what @MrMinderbinder is saying. It would be nice to go down to maybe the top 100. Guides can be pretty intimidating and overwhelming to write when you haven't written one before, and seeing 28 guides as the minimum to qualify for this leaderboard can be a bit discouraging for new guide writers or members.

16 minutes ago, Ryukori said:

Neat idea! I didn't realize some of the members here have written over 200 guides alone!

I think with the said intention of this leaderboard, there is some truth in what @MrMinderbinder is saying. It would be nice to go down to maybe the top 100. Guides can be pretty intimidating and overwhelming to write when you haven't written one before, and seeing 28 guides as the minimum to qualify for this leaderboard can be a bit discouraging for new guide writers or members.

51-100 is in post #2 =p

EDIT: I also don't mind extending that past 100 as again, the intention was to discourage folks. 

Edited by Velvet
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryukori said:

The leaderboard does go to 100. 51-100 are hidden in a drop-down right below 50. I was saying that I didn't even make the Top 100 cut. That threshold is, like, 15 or so, and I've only written 8-10. But whatever - just because I didn't make the cut, doesn't mean it can't still be a fun addition to leaderboards. I'm very aware that there are many, many things celebrated here at which I completely suck balls. Namely, games that require timing, speedy reactions, or general skill of any sort.

3 hours ago, Velvet said:

51-100 is in post #2 =p

EDIT: I also don't mind extending that past 100 as again, the intention was to discourage folks. 

20 minutes ago, MrMinderbinder said:

The leaderboard does go to 100. 51-100 are hidden in a drop-down right below 50. I was saying that I didn't even make the Top 100 cut. That threshold is, like, 15 or so, and I've only written 8-10. But whatever - just because I didn't make the cut, doesn't mean it can't still be a fun addition to leaderboards. I'm very aware that there are many, many things celebrated here at which I completely suck balls. Namely, games that require timing, speedy reactions, or general skill of any sort.

I need to get my eyes checked! I think these numbers look a lot more manageable. Totally not saying this since I realize I made the leaderboard now. :whistle:

• Haha 1

On 1/19/2022 at 5:11 AM, Slamma said:

Thanks.

I don't suppose there's an easy way to find all the supplemental guides one has written is there? I was comparing my totals to the leaderboard, and my count was off by 4, but I can only think of 3 supplemental guides I've written and I'm drawing a blank to the other 1 :( (the 3 I do remember were a GI Joe collectibles guide, and Axiom Verge 1 & 2 collectible guides)

7 minutes ago, Jerry Appleby said:

I don't suppose there's an easy way to find all the supplemental guides one has written is there?

Supplemental guides don't have as consistent of a naming standard since it could be a guide for anything - collectibles, walkthrough, strategies, etc. But you could try using "Guide" instead of "Trophy Guide"

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/search/?&q="Guide"&type=forums_topic&page=2&author=Jerry Appleby&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles&sortby=newest

Looks like it may have been the Shadows of Evil & The Giant Easter Eggs Guide for Blops 3

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Slamma said:

Supplemental guides don't have as consistent of a naming standard since it could be a guide for anything - collectibles, walkthrough, strategies, etc. But you could try using "Guide" instead of "Trophy Guide"

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/search/?&q="Guide"&type=forums_topic&page=2&author=Jerry Appleby&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles&sortby=newest

Looks like it may have been the Shadows of Evil & The Giant Easter Eggs Guide for Blops 3

Ah that must be it! Thank you! :thumbsup: 

How could I forget that especially with my love of zombies!? :francis: 

I think I should probably just make a forum topic that lists all the guides I've done, then I can have them all in one place!

I know before the site upgrade, I had subscribed to all my guides so that I could see any comments left on them, but I haven't fooled around enough with the settings to find them all again yet.

33 minutes ago, Jerry Appleby said:

Thanks.

I don't suppose there's an easy way to find all the supplemental guides one has written is there? I was comparing my totals to the leaderboard, and my count was off by 4, but I can only think of 3 supplemental guides I've written and I'm drawing a blank to the other 1 :( (the 3 I do remember were a GI Joe collectibles guide, and Axiom Verge 1 & 2 collectible guides)

I'll PM you a full list of all your Supplements in a bit :).

~ Guide updates for the month of January ~

Deceiver: +2 (Dungeons and Dragons: Dark Alliance Guide and Supplement) - pkxHBgR.png to 34th

ixii: +1 (Sakura Succubus 3 Guide) - pkxHBgR.png to 12th

Kunegunda_GoRyl: +1 (Titan Chaser Guide) - No position change yet, but getting close to one!

MikelAL93: +1 (Phantasy Star Online 2 Guide) - No position change

Terminator: +1 (Sakura Succubus 3 Guide) - pkxHBgR.png to 11th

themindisacity: +4 (Cyanide and Happiness Guide and Supplement, Beyond a Steel Sky Guide and Supplement) - No position change

Velvet: +1 (Summertime Madness Guide) - No position change

• Like 2