PST Guide Writer's Leaderboard

Velvet

spacer.png

After toying with this for about a year now for what I hope might be obvious reasons, we kind of figured that eh, let's just do it and see how it goes! We've had a lot of guide writers over the years and just as with the trophy leaderboards, we're hoping this will entice some friendly competition among the authors today. One guide written can rearrange the majority of the leaderboard, so we're kind of excited to see how this is going to work. RIP updating during a Guide Rush, lol.

Rules

• This leaderboard will be open to all .org members so long as they have submitted a guide to the Guide Team and is has been approved/loaded onto the site. 
  • The leaderboard includes regular guides, DLC guides, and supplements. 
  • In order to be eligible, you must have written at least one guide and not be currently banned from writing guides. 
  • The leaderboard will track the top 50 guide authors on .org. 
  • You will receive 1 point for every guide approved, be it a base game guide, DLC, or Supplement. 
  • If you co-op a guide, both authors will receive 1 point (please note that I'm still working through this part of the scoring - there's a lot to go back and check on).
  • We are not issuing points for Roadmaps. 
  • You do not have to submit anything for this leaderboard.
  • The leaderboard will be updated weekly with the new guides submitted/approved by the official .org Guide Team and any placement moving will be announced accordingly. 
  • In the chance of a tie, all of the members with the tied score will be listed, even if it causes the list to go beyond 50 members. They will all share the same place, but will be listed alphabetically.  
  • If you are interested in joining the leaderboard and need some assistance on getting started with how to write a guide, please reference the Guide Writer's Handbook 2.0 for more information. 

TOP 10

1st: themindisacity - 215

2nd: Velvet - 204

3rd: Blaze Naruto Shippuden - 121

4th: OnceFallen - 96

5th: MikelAL93 - 91

6th: olsen77 - 88

7th: DISCOKING - 79

8th: Harry94_ - 78

9th: diskdocx - 73

10th: Easty - 67

11-20

11th: Terminator - 65 pkxHBgR.png
12th: ixii - 64 pkxHBgR.png
12th: Noid - 64

13th: Tuffinz_ - 63

15th: danc - 62

15th: dcollins22 - 62

17th: Archavia - 54

17th: scharn73 - 54

17th: Sellers - 54

20th: PS4Trophies Wozamil - 52

21-30

21st: smartbomb - 51

22nd: Setsuna - 46

22nd: stgermain - 46

24th: yewjhin - 45

25th: staytrue1985 - 42

26th: Gage - 41

27th: Trophy Germany - 40

28th: Rezz - 38

29th: morg106 - 37

29th: Walt the Dog - 37

31-40

31st: Fubzy - 35
31st: LD2013 - 35
33rd: Kheapathic - 34
34th: bigdrama - 33
34th: Deceiver - 33 pkxHBgR.png
34th: PowerPyx - 33
34th: shrapx - 33
34th: TigerLust - 33
38th: Robinworldwide - 32
38th: Slamma - 32
40th: Jerry Appleby - 31

41-50

42nd: SwedishPirate - 30
42nd: Vuule - 30
44th: Cauchy - 29
44th: Combatting - 29
44th: DrHambone - 29
44th: mjc0961 - 29
44th: rmchiva925 - 29
49th: Pokkit_ - 28
49th: Darth_Krid - 28
49th: Dougiefresh613 - 28
49th: luffybuggy - 28
49th: Mendel - 28

Edited by Velvet
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

51-100

Spoiler

54th: TheFlyingToaster - 27
55th: PainOfDemise - 26
55th: Savenger - 26
57th: the game nerd - 25
58th: JayPBM - 24
58th: Xander45 - 24
58th: Zetberg - 24

61st: GODCHILD1020 - 23
61st: M-Easy - 23
63rd: AerisFlowerGirl - 22
63rd: mikem192 - 22
63rd: pennysticks - 22
63rd: Vyrastas - 22
67th: zb420 - 21
68th: AppleKratue - 20
68th: HaoleDave - 20
70th: Capt_Beachhead - 19
70th: DEVILRYUUJIN - 19
70th: Dino_Roar - 19
70th: emiliathesage - 19
70th: Puzzler - 19
70th: technole - 19
70th: x410xDragon - 19

77th: chrisheadshot - 18
77th: Moosh - 18
77th: NemoG - 18
77th: ThanatosNinja2 - 18
77th: Warbear - 18

82nd: DaFaztFingaz - 17
82nd: kinjall - 17
82nd: legndorock - 17
82nd: Rockets - 17
82nd: Ryukori - 17
87th: BeforeJam - 16
87th: IAmFlownominal - 16
87th: leptonic - 16
87th: Pesico - 16
87th: SilentBun - 16
87th: TheDoc87 - 16
87th: UntilTammaro - 16

94th: Aeirou - 15
94th: Aeliana - 15
94th: Akari - 15
94th: QuantumMercury - 15
94th: solstice - 15

95th: Dark_Phantom_89 - 14
95th: duck360 - 14
95th: MainComptonese - 14
95th: mcolwander90 - 14
95th: NightRusticDawn - 14
95th: optimusmart - 14
95th: RemingtonInk - 14

Edited by Velvet

It’s incredible seeing some of the numbers in this leaderboard for guides written. When you see all the numbers stacked up like this it makes you wonder just how many hours have gone into the guides on this site in total 🤯

To even crack the top 100 you'd need around 14 guides, which is 2 more than I've managed to write in the 2 or so years since I've started my guide writing journey. This leaderboard isn't something I'll ever climb up, nor would it even be possible without making guide writing a full-time job.

I have nothing but admiration for each and every name up there. I knew some people had written A LOT of guides, but I didn't know it was in the hundreds in some cases. Absolutely staggering the amount of hours and dedication gone into guides here over the years. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you. Amazing job 💙

13 hours ago, The Alchemist said:

This leaderboard isn't something I'll ever climb up, nor would it even be possible without making guide writing a full-time job.

You could get to the Top 10 in about a week these days. ZJ the Ball 1-5 and Zippy the Circle 1-5 is 10 guides you could write in about two hours 😂

Back in the day (like, 2011-2013), I actually did try my hand at writing a few guides. It was fun, but it quickly got to the point where guides were coming out within a few days of game release, and I didn't think I could keep up with the pace. At any rate, I think I wrote, like... 8-10 or so. Saw this thread and thought... hey, that should at least get me into the Top 100, right?

Nope. Turns out that what I thought was a decently significant contribution to the site was not even enough to get me a footnote. Ahh, well. I'll just keep playing the role I was born to play - grumpy ol' bastard.

16 hours ago, MrMinderbinder said:

Nope. Turns out that what I thought was a decently significant contribution to the site was not even enough to get me a footnote. Ahh, well. I'll just keep playing the role I was born to play - grumpy ol' bastard.

For the record, this was far from the intention of doing this, but if this does end up being the overall feel of it, I don't mind deleting it. The idea was to encourage folks to maybe write a few more or even encourage those who haven't written any to give it a whirl. The last thing I want to do is discourage people because they're not listed, there's just a lot of guide writers on the site, lol. Going to have a top 200 leaderboard haha

2 hours ago, Velvet said:

For the record, this was far from the intention of doing this

Just so we're clear - I am a self-proclaimed grumpy ol' bastard. How else was I ever going to interpret this?

Don't ever be discouraged from doing something new because some asshole like me posts something cynical or snarky. You're doing a great job, and we appreciate your attempts to do new things and shake things up around here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrMinderbinder said:

Just so we're clear - I am a self-proclaimed grumpy ol' bastard. How else was I ever going to interpret this?

Don't ever be discouraged from doing something new because some asshole like me posts something cynical or snarky. You're doing a great job, and we appreciate your attempts to do new things and shake things up around here.

spacer.png

There, better? haha

Awesome idea V! :applause: 

I've actually been wondering what the guide totals were between top members, and now I can finally see!

I didn't realize I had written 31 guides! Was quite surprised at how high that number was for me! 

Any plans to have an additional leaderboard that separates members by (P) , :psn: , :pdlc: or supplements? I'd be curious to see what ratio of guides are of each type!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jerry Appleby said:

Awesome idea V! :applause: 

I've actually been wondering what the guide totals were between top members, and now I can finally see!

I didn't realize I had written 31 guides! Was quite surprised at how high that number was for me! 

Any plans to have an additional leaderboard that separates members by (P) , :psn: , :pdlc: or supplements? I'd be curious to see what ratio of guides are of each type!

I can certainly do something along those lines, but it'll take a few to put together since there's uhh... there's a lot of people who have written guides haha. I know for sure TMIAC has the most supplements, Blaze for sure has the most (P):psn: is a toss up and DLC would probably be Deceiver, but yeah, I can check it all =] I have two other leaderboards I want to get up first, though, but will work on it afterwards ^-^

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Velvet said:

I can certainly do something along those lines, but it'll take a few to put together since there's uhh... there's a lot of people who have written guides haha. I know for sure TMIAC has the most supplements, Blaze for sure has the most (P):psn: is a toss up and DLC would probably be Deceiver, but yeah, I can check it all =] I have two other leaderboards I want to get up first, though, but will work on it afterwards ^-^

Cool, I shall definitely look forward to seeing the results! :D 

I figured tmiac would be the top supplement writer due to all the point click guides I've used by them! Those guides are always top notch!

I'm pretty sure almost all my guides are DLC, I think I only have 2 or 3 guides that are for (P) games.

41 minutes ago, yewjhin said:

I have 45 guides? Are you sure? If you could PM me a list of those guide would be nice.

You can see all the guides you posted on the forum here:
https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/search/?q="Trophy Guide"&type=forums_topic&author=yewjhin&updated_after=any&sortby=newest&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles

9 hours ago, Jerry Appleby said:

I don't suppose I could request the same thing could I? :D 

I didn't think I had that many guides!

This covers all your forum guides

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/search/?q="Trophy Guide"&type=forums_topic&author=Jerry Appleby&updated_after=any&sortby=newest&search_and_or=or&search_in=titles