Major Sporting Events Prediction League 2022

Barra333

Hi folks,

Welcome back to the 2022 edition of the Major Sporting Events Prediction League! 

Since it was well received and went well last year, the rules stay the same:

• Picks will be done via google form (linked in the second post and in my sig)
  • Submit a new set of responses for each event (separate mens and womens responses for tennis)
  • If you want to change your pick, submit a new form - I will accept the last one submitted before the deadline
  • I will submit my own picks on the form too
  • I realise the google form will lead to less traffic in the thread, so I will do my best to bump it when there is a deadline coming up. 
  • If there is a discrepancy between the dates of an event in the spreadsheet/pick form and the date of the event, the deadline will be the start of the actual event.

Scoring

We will be picking a Winner and a Runner-up for each event.

Scoring will be as follows - the highest applicable score will be awarded:

Winner + Runner up = 5 points
Winner only = 3 points
Both finalists = 2 points
Winner pick loses final/places = 1 point

Runner-up pick wins event = 1 point

Some events the 'runner up' points will be handed out to the top 3,4 or 5 and these events are noted in the spreadsheet. 

Generally, places are paid in the following way:

- If there is a final, only the runner up gets points (eg tennis, darts, NFL etc)

- If there is group event with a podium, top 3 is paid (Olympics, Tour de France, motorsport)

- Grand National gets top 4, other horse races top 3.

(G)Past champions(G)

2021 - AshtimusPrime/VazzVegas

2020 - VazzVegas

2019 - Darth_Krid

2018 - Darth_Krid

2017 - Darth_Krid

2016 - Shaun-Bhoy-95

2015 - Shaun-Bhoy-95

2014 - IonStorm & Snaddef

2013 - Raichu

Edited by Barra333
  • Like 1

Here we go folks! We have missed the start of the Darts but will still pick, with the first match of round three being the deadline. I still have to work on getting the sheet and stuff done, but this is a start!

I'll be going through the sporting calendar for events, but there definitely will be Winter OIympic picks to make.

Looking good for a solid competition!

Courtesy tags for folks that were in last time around and haven't signed up yet... @JMeeks @Easty @VazzVegas.

The pick form in the second post is live for Darts (27th Dec) and College Football (31 Dec) to be picked. I will sort out the spreadsheet and subsequent events in the new year.

13 hours ago, Barra333 said:

Cutoff for the darts is tomorrow folks. @AshtimusPrime @Darth_Krid @JMeeks @Hirilorn @VazzVegas

This has been the most fun fantasy sport league, and to be honest was the only thing that was brining me back to the forums for a while. I'm going to have to bow out though as real life is just too busy and other things are taking up my free time, like my daughter getting older and requiring more attention. I forgot to make a bunch of picks last year and I figure that'll happen a lot more this year so it's best to step away for at least this season.

Good luck to you all and a big thank you to Barra for running things and making this a real blast to be a part of.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, VazzVegas said:

This has been the most fun fantasy sport league, and to be honest was the only thing that was brining me back to the forums for a while. I'm going to have to bow out though as real life is just too busy and other things are taking up my free time, like my daughter getting older and requiring more attention. I forgot to make a bunch of picks last year and I figure that'll happen a lot more this year so it's best to step away for at least this season.

Good luck to you all and a big thank you to Barra for running things and making this a real blast to be a part of.

hahahaha bottled it!