Streak for the Gold 2022

Slamma

It's crazy to think that we're only through 4 days of the month and someone already has W20.

You have to remember that officially, there isn't just a longest streak cash prize but there is also a "most wins" cash prize. While is it best to maintain a longer streak, there are also the people picking as many matchups as they can efficiently. I'm sure the people at the top are starting to pick more carefully. The last listed cash prize winner for most wins had a record of 154-83-2 (.650) but only got over W10 once (made it to W12).

In all of the history of this game, the longest streak has been W46.

https://fantasy.espn.com/streak/en/story?pageName=streak\winners

And for @Darth_Krid I just saw that there is an email option for when your picks go final.

https://fantasy.espn.com/streak/en/usersettings

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Slamma said:

It's crazy to think that we're only through 4 days of the month and someone already has W20.

You have to remember that officially, there isn't just a longest streak cash prize but there is also a "most wins" cash prize. While is it best to maintain a longer streak, there are also the people picking as many matchups as they can efficiently. I'm sure the people at the top are starting to pick more carefully. The last listed cash prize winner for most wins had a record of 154-83-2 (.650) but only got over W10 once (made it to W12).

In all of the history of this game, the longest streak has been W46.

https://fantasy.espn.com/streak/en/story?pageName=streak\winners

And for @Darth_Krid I just saw that there is an email option for when your picks go final.

https://fantasy.espn.com/streak/en/usersettings

Yeah the most wins guys are pretty hardcore. They forfeit a lot to maximize daily picks

6 minutes ago, Platt said:

Yeah the most wins guys are pretty hardcore. They forfeit a lot to maximize daily picks

I've looked at it a couple of times - the time investment required to do most wins is insane. You have to keep on top of overlapping picks to forfeit a losing cause, be ready for the 2min turnaround between picks at 7 and 9pm... every single day of the month. Take a day off and you might as well not bother. All for a $3000 prize (now - it was $5000 til March 2020, then $1000 until this month).

That was so inevitable 🤣 Don’t look at the stats for that game if you don’t want an aneurysm. Of course Tom didn’t fucking pick it 🙄

Two strikes on the only sport in this game I know anything about 😂 Might stop picking football in general as it is the most unpredictable sport after all.

22 minutes ago, Platt said:

And of course Olympiakos strikes

Nine league wins on the bounce before tonight.:rofl:

9 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

That was so inevitable 🤣 Don’t look at the stats for that game if you don’t want an aneurysm. Of course Tom didn’t fucking pick it 🙄

Two strikes on the only sport in this game I know anything about 😂 Might stop picking football in general as it is the most unpredictable sport after all.

I thought that would be the only saving grace from my own streak ending.

At least Tom was stopped too.

Sign in to pick the Real Madrid game and see that he didn't pick Olympiacos.

Fuming now.:mad:

7 minutes ago, Hirilorn said:

Nine league wins on the bounce before tonight.:rofl:

I thought that would be the only saving grace from my own streak ending.

At least Tom was stopped too.

Sign in to pick the Real Madrid game and see that he didn't pick Olympiacos.

Fuming now.:mad:

For someone who makes daft picks to show off how clever he is (on the rare chance they come off), he gets daft luck in this game.

1 hour ago, Darth_Krid said:

Nice of Davino Velhulst to turn into prime Oliver Kahn for one game

29 minutes ago, Platt said:

Nice of Davino Velhulst to turn into prime Oliver Kahn for one game

🤣

7 points all season and they do that against the only proper team in the country, ffs!

At least that ridiculous Chelsea prop came through, ESPN must have put the intern in charge of coming up with them while still on their Christmas holidays.

Now to decide which of these basketball teams won’t be twats since because of my time zone I’ve only got one more pick tonight. You lot have like 3 or 4 😂 

4 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

3/3 on football strikes :D

Saying that, this one was a shot to nothing, wouldn't have touched that if I was on any sort of proper streak.

That game was always going to be closer than the pick % had it. Name recognition plays a huge role in European props. Always fun when there is a Eurobasket prop involving Barcelona. Also watch for anything with a US national team - patriotism is strong

1 hour ago, Platt said:

Looking up and seeing Tom not select any of these is doing my head in. I hate him, I ducking hate him 😡

Tbh when you’re on that high of a streak I’d be picking and choosing, even taking days, if I had to. Wait for the gimmes and let us make the mistakes!

22 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Tbh when you’re on that high of a streak I’d be picking and choosing, even taking days, if I had to. Wait for the gimmes and let us make the mistakes!

Ye, plenty of month to go. No need to rush. Or panic.

56 minutes ago, tomstlh said:

Espanyol scarred me. Only went for them bc they put out their first choice team too lol

you think the football ones are bad now, wait till the AFCON starts!

Shame the intern’s been taken off duty, was excited for Man City (Draw or Win) @ Swindon (Win) tonight :(

• Haha 1

This has gone to shit since I said it was easier than before 😂

Genuinely might give up already. Will save me a fuck ton of frustration since the longest streak tournament is over 5 days into a 5 month competition and it sucks only being able to pick twice a day because of time zones. The one sport I do get to pick is football which is the most unpredictable sport 😂