Streak for the Gold 2022

Slamma

Gonna start the year off on 1-0 :classic_cool:

Is it all just handegg, ice hockey and dunking now? There used to be football on here and other proper sports.  Most picks are in the middle of the night too so it might be a slow streak I build!

(Getting excuses in early as you can see)

14 hours ago, Platt said:

how does the knockout work? Is it by weekly win streak?

Yes. I see I didn't really expand on that in the OP.

I'll be manually tallying "weekly" streaks. At the end of week 1 (1/7), the person with the lowest streak is knocked out. Only knocking out 1 person because we only have 6 participants atm - this may change if more people join in later. The manual weekly streak then resets to 0 to start week 2.

This is a side competition within each month, your normal monthly streaks will still count for the other 2 HOF spots in Best Single Streak and Best Combined Streaks.

5 hours ago, Slamma said:

Yes. I see I didn't really expand on that in the OP.

I'll be manually tallying "weekly" streaks. At the end of week 1 (1/7), the person with the lowest streak is knocked out. Only knocking out 1 person because we only have 6 participants atm - this may change if more people join in later. The manual weekly streak then resets to 0 to start week 2.

This is a side competition within each month, your normal monthly streaks will still count for the other 2 HOF spots in Best Single Streak and Best Combined Streaks.

Does that include me?

I have signed up and joined the group but not sure I am part of the weekly competition.

On 1/2/2022 at 3:34 PM, Slamma said:

Are you “fatsom367979796”? If so, can you edit your pick name to Hirilorn, plz?

Changed.

No idea why the site gave me that name.

Is it not possible to pick a day in advance?

I have chosen a game later, but when I pick one for early tomorrow, it cancels today's pick.

2 minutes ago, Hirilorn said:

Changed.

No idea why the site gave me that name.

Is it not possible to pick a day in advance?

I have chosen a game later, but when I pick one for early tomorrow, it cancels today's pick.

Can only have one slotted in so you can pick one for tomorrow but not with a pending one for today

20 hours ago, Slamma said:

They only lost by 3 with a 7.5 point spread.

But yeah that was a really stupid pick with a W3

On 1/2/2022 at 10:50 PM, Darth_Krid said:

The Utes?

Ohio State - 4 point favourites?, probs don't care abt bowl games, players opting out

Utah - loads of fans bought tickets, was their title game, mormon power idk

Is it just me or is this a lot easier than it used to be years ago when we last played it?

W5 used to be a good achievement, W10 was maybe once a month if you were lucky, anything more than that was almost unheard of. Some of these props are basically gimmies, Tom is already on W14, Barra is on 8 and I'd be on 12 if I hadn't stupidly broke my one rule and gone with my own team.

As I said, unless you really must pick something as soon as it's available, you can afford to be patient and just go with the absolute gifts they're giving. One the other night was a QB to throw ONE pass in a quarter...I could bloody do that 😂 Also props like top-end La Liga clubs to advance over semi-pro minnows rather than win by 3+ goals, even tonight the League Cup semi is weird. Chelsea are a better team than Spurs and playing at home...why the feck is it Chelsea win or draw and not Spurs win or draw? 🤔

I'll say all this and I'll be on L5 by the end of the week :D

13 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Is it just me or is this a lot easier than it used to be years ago when we last played it?

W5 used to be a good achievement, W10 was maybe once a month if you were lucky, anything more than that was almost unheard of. Some of these props are basically gimmies, Tom is already on W14, Barra is on 8 and I'd be on 12 if I hadn't stupidly broke my one rule and gone with my own team.

As I said, unless you really must pick something as soon as it's available, you can afford to be patient and just go with the absolute gifts they're giving. One the other night was a QB to throw ONE pass in a quarter...I could bloody do that 😂 Also props like top-end La Liga clubs to advance over semi-pro minnows rather than win by 3+ goals, even tonight the League Cup semi is weird. Chelsea are a better team than Spurs and playing at home...why the feck is it Chelsea win or draw and not Spurs win or draw? 🤔

I haven't played it for a year or so, but for the last few years before that, it went in waves. When I stopped, the first few days were pretty easy (avoid the landmines), then the middle of the month got harder. I expect that this weekend there will be NFL games that are "team wins by double digits" instead of "team wins". How easy/hard the end of the month was generally depended on what the leaderboard looked like. If there were no active streaks at the top, picks get easy again to let people catch up.

1 hour ago, Darth_Krid said:

Yeah I should be on a W20 if Reading weren’t the scourge of the earth. They’ll get harder later.