Streak for the Gold 2022

Slamma

QjOo8QK.png

Anyone else remember this old ditty? Anyone else interested in giving it another shot? I'm thinking of doing another longer season instead of a month long tourney... That way people can join in as they please or whatever. damn the last season of this was 5 years ago...

For a refresher on the rules (as were last used), check them out below (pulled from Season 3). Let me know if you're interested. The last season lasted 5 months.

We will have three categories for winners: Knockout Point Leader, Longest Single Streak, and Best Combined Streaks.

These are as follows:

Knockout Point Leader

Each month will be a knockout tournament, similar to the monthly one after the season. At the end of the month, points will be awarded to the players in order of the standings. First place will receive 12 points, second will receive 11 points, and so on. At season's end, there will be a HoF spot for the most knockout points.

Unlike the tournament outside of the season, you are not "eliminated" when you are knocked out of the month tournament. 1) The tournament starts over at the beginning of the month and 2) Even if you're knocked out of the tourney, you can still play for the longest combined streak and longest single streak.

Longest Single Streak

The player with the best single streak will be awarded a HoF spot. This category carries on throughout the season. So if you gt a W18 in the first month and nobody reaches W18 or better by the end of the season, the (G) is yours for this category.

Best Combined Streaks

On the ESPN site, streaks are reset at the end of each month. Our season lasts 5 months, so if the combination of all your best streaks is the greatest through the 5 months, you will be awarded the (G) HoF spot.

STREAKERS

• Barra333
  • Darth_Krid
  • Martz
  • mcolwander90
  • Platt
  • Slamma
  • tomstlh

1 hour ago, Slamma said:

Yeah, it’s on ESPN. I wanted to gauge interest before starting adding the group link.

It would start January and run for 5-ish months. 

ESPN also offers a cash reward for certain winners (I think it’s US only tho?)

Was looking at the rules before - looks like a lot of their competition prizes are open to US/Canada/UK/Aus now. 

• Like 1

Barra333, Martz, Platt, Slamma, tomstlh

Gonna tag some others who might be interested or have participated before. Feel free to tag someone who you think might wanna join. It's not just American sports, today has some UEFA Eurpoa picks. Its a fun game to rage at

@mcolwander90 @Darth_Krid @TheDoc87 @CrashMedic @stgermain @Bic80 @JMeeks @MedinaAVFC8 @vikebone @M-Easy @danc

@Hirilorn @Darth_Krid @mcolwander90 @tomstlh @Platt @Martz @Barra333

Here’s the join link:

https://fantasy.espn.com/streak/en/group?groupID=283405

I just got a 9 win streak wrecked. Ready to not streak alone. Let’s get some practice in for next month 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slamma said:

@Hirilorn @Darth_Krid @mcolwander90 @tomstlh @Platt @Martz @Barra333

Here’s the join link:

https://fantasy.espn.com/streak/en/group?groupID=283405

I just got a 9 win streak wrecked. Ready to not streak alone. Let’s get some practice in for next month 

It’s saying password incorrect? Weird

• 3 weeks later...