Trophy a Day 2022 ~ Discussion

staytrue1985

https://www.truetrophies.com/gamer/Darth_Krid/winstreaks

Not surprised my two longest streaks were THLs, then immediately broken as I wanted a long break from burn out 😂 

I’ve always been a feast or famine sort of gamer though, I’ll hammer it for a couple of months then get bored or not want to turn the console on for ages bar the odd event. I also travel a fair amount and try keep as busy as possible outside of being home so it will be quite a different experience to see this through to the end, but with EZPZs it will be doable unless I actually forget. With POWGI and stuff it’s almost impossible to fail as you only need about 20 seconds a day.

Before those, I have no idea how people did this for years especially with families/kids etc. Only takes some unexpected event and you’re out for the day! 

Edited by Darth_Krid

Got in very late today with an hour to spare. One of my closest friends decided to tell me he was coming back to Bahrain yesterday and would be landing the same evening and if he could stay here for a couple of weeks.

Bit last minute, fine, whatever; but after a lot of catching up and being out for most of the day with a few drinks involved, I struggled to explain why I needed to rush home at 2am to load up a fucking Powgi game and spell out the names of a few shapes in a mild panic instead of doing far more important things like ordering food or 'putting a proper game or Netflix on'.

A deep sense of shame did wash over me as he looked on utterly perplexed. Think the friendship has died a little bit, it got worse as I tried to explain it 🤣

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

Got in very late today with an hour to spare. One of my closest friends decided to tell me he was coming back to Bahrain yesterday and would be landing the same evening and if he could stay here for a couple of weeks.

Bit last minute, fine, whatever; but after a lot of catching up and being out for most of the day with a few drinks involved, I struggled to explain why I needed to rush home at 2am to load up a fucking Powgi game and spell out the names of a few shapes in a mild panic instead of doing far more important things like ordering food or 'putting a proper game or Netflix on'.

A deep sense of shame did wash over me as he looked on utterly perplexed. Think the friendship has died a little bit, it got worse as I tried to explain it 🤣

Can't be any worse than when a couple of my mates came round and saw me boosting Red Faction with 3 screens, 2 PS3s, 3 PS4s, a PS5 and a laptop via PSnow for a single multiplayer trophy lmao.

• Haha 7

On 1/16/2022 at 1:06 AM, staytrue1985 said:

Been a long day and really cba firing up a console, but fortunately for me I earned a trophy just after midnight last night. Thank you yesterday me.

Damn I envy you. For me UTC midnight is 2am. 3am during daylight saving. I've been doing TT's trophy a day for a while. Not going out of my way to keep the streak going, but if I reasonably can. Always feels good to get the next day out of the way before going to bed, just in case I get stuck at work or whatnot.

Yesterday me (well, technically early morning me) - stop trying to do it with UTC midnight, really bad idea.

1 hour ago, Road2unner said:

Damn I envy you. For me UTC midnight is 2am. 3am during daylight saving. I've been doing TT's trophy a day for a while. Not going out of my way to keep the streak going, but if I reasonably can. Always feels good to get the next day out of the way before going to bed, just in case I get stuck at work or whatnot.

Yesterday me (well, technically early morning me) - stop trying to do it with UTC midnight, really bad idea.

I’m in the exact same time zone but luckily I’m nocturnal by nature and by sleeping schedule is fucked. If I get some more routine in my life then I imagine it  will have to change and I’ll have to remember to do it every evening 

11 minutes ago, Darth_Krid said:

I’m in the exact same time zone but luckily I’m nocturnal by nature and by sleeping schedule is fucked. If I get some more routine in my life then I imagine it  will have to change and I’ll have to remember to do it every evening 

I'm a night owl too, but unfortunately these days I have to show up at office for few days a week around 10am or so. Usually I'm more or less fine with 5-6 hours of sleep, but some days it just isn't enough.

24 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Just managed to get my trophy in today before the deadline. I wasn't on last night, then had unexpected snowpocalypse to deal with here today, so it was just luck that I had enough time to pop one

That's good, although the deadline isn't for another 38 minutes :p

41 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Just managed to get my trophy in today before the deadline. I wasn't on last night, then had unexpected snowpocalypse to deal with here today, so it was just luck that I had enough time to pop one

16 minutes ago, staytrue1985 said:

That's good, although the deadline isn't for another 38 minutes :p

Snow need to worry then! :francis:

• Haha 1

This event made me finally go back to the Vita. As long as I can earn a trophy in the morning when I wake up/get to work, should be good for awhile. Until I run out of Vita games with easily accessible trophies. UTC Midnight is at 4 PM my time so as long as I earn one after work before I go to bed, should be ok with UTC and local streak. There are a handful of days that will be touchy because there are concerts I wish to go to this year and those will take all priorities on those day (I mean c'mon, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters, AND Flogging Molly in one year? yes please!). We shall seeeeeee

• Like 4

When I started this last year it was a little tougher in the beginning, but I pretty much have a routine nailed down at this point, so it's not bad at all. I still have days where I don't feel up to it, but that's when having something quick and easy comes in immensely handy. 

• Like 1

Finished up the last Harry Potter PS3 game (collectively, that was a pretty shifty pile of shovelware). Deathly Hallows 2 was definitely better than 1, which is the worst of the bunch by far (and one of the worst games I’ve ever played). Started on Foregone which is thus far quite an interesting and under the radar metroidvania. Got today’s trophy out of the way early so I won’t have to worry about end of the day rushing tomorrow.

Edited by diskdocx