Trophy a Day 2022 ~ Discussion

staytrue1985

So as for funny stories in my trophy streak the main one that springs to mind is in the early days (first few years) my now 14 year old daughter was about 6 or 7 at the time and it was Christmas Eve. I had already got my Christmas Eve trophy and to avoid playing on Christmas Day I popped a trophy at around 00:30. It was a Singstar trophy. 

The next day my daughter got up and was so excited as she had heard "Santa" singing outside her room last night!!!

Other than that there have not been too many disastrous or close call days and my wife and kids kind of take it as read that I will be playing at least one game a day at some point. 

Edited by russelguppy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 1/12/2022 at 7:29 AM, russelguppy said:

So as for funny stories in my trophy streak the main one that springs to mind is in the early days (first few years) my now 14 year old daughter was about 6 or 7 at the time and it was Christmas Eve. I had already got my Christmas Eve trophy and to avoid playing on Christmas Day I popped a trophy at around 00:30. It was a Singstar trophy. 

The next day my daughter got up and was so excited as she had heard "Santa" singing outside her room last night!!!

Other than that there have not been too many disastrous or close call days and my wife and kids kind of take it as read that I will be playing at least one game a day at some point. 

This is the most wholesome thing I've seen in awhile. More posts like this. 

Almost missed yesterday because I was being lazy aka finally watching Squid Game and got distracted. POWGI is really going to be a savior with this event, lol. 

Edited by Velvet

Done for the day, and with a Platinum! Left myself 5 seconds from a (P) and held off all day so I could save it for this haha.

Enjoying it so far, beforehand I’d have said it really wasn’t an event for me but it’s motivating me to do something at least once a day and have some sort of vague routine.

Cheers guys.

• Like 2

I didn't want to enter this competition because I knew if I did the thought of trying to do a trophy a day would give me the fear at some point and because I also didn't really want to, but since Jerry posted that list of streaks on TrueTrophies I've tried to keep mine going. I'm at a week so far, it's quite nice. Well done everyone.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stpatty said:

I didn't want to enter this competition because I knew if I did the thought of trying to do a trophy a day would give me the fear at some point and because I also didn't really want to, but since Jerry posted that list of streaks on TrueTrophies I've tried to keep mine going. I'm at a week so far, it's quite nice. Well done everyone.

I was kinda hoping some of the others would post their streaks as well. :p 

In about 10 more days, I'll have passed my all-time best streak of 31 days! At 22 straight as of now.

4 minutes ago, Jerry Appleby said:

In about 10 more days, I'll have passed my all-time best streak of 31 days! At 22 straight as of now.

Trophy Win Streaks (truetrophies.com)

I'm going up the list quite quickly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, staytrue1985 said:

Very scary moment when we thought Velvet was eliminated, but it turned out to be an unsynced Vita!

kacy-catanzaro-wwe.gif

tumblr_pm11dr5UNX1rmv1vdo4_540.gifv

I haven’t watched wrestling for a long time but seeing this made me think of The Rocks royal rumble win where he cling onto the top rope as The Big Show was chucking him out.

44 minutes ago, iLion said:

I haven’t watched wrestling for a long time but seeing this made me think of The Rocks royal rumble win where he cling onto the top rope as The Big Show was chucking him out.

Big Show got screwed! 

Rock was meant to hold on and have one foot hit the floor as Big Show tumbled out, but Rock messed up and both feet hit the floor, so technically he should have been eliminated and Big Show should have been declared the winner. That was the Royal Rumble 2000, so 22 years ago if you want to feel old. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Jerry Appleby said:

https://www.truetrophies.com/gamer/diskdocx/winstreaks

3 months til 2000 days. I think I’m still going in this event. It’s been a week of Covid shenanigans and I have no idea what time zone I’m in anymore 😜

• Like 1