PlayStation 5 owners prefer boxed games to downloads

OceanH

One does wonder WHY publishers generally don't share digital sales data though. 

That said, with shortages the way they are I imagine physical and digital PS5's are probably running close without even looking. The fact that digital-only games exist as well also skews things a bit (are there any physical-only releases?)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I personally prefer physical copies of games over digital,  something about the site of say a 80 inch flatscreen tv and then on both sides of the tv is a huge area of all physical copies of games is just *shudders in nerdgasms*   god its just beautiful.

My Brother is the total opposite though, i think he is currently at 350 digital games on his PS4 Pro,  and all of those slowly aquired in the 6 year's he's been with my sister in law and 5 years of marriage

• 5 months later...

It's natural, I guess? Can't do good digital sales with a console this young. Give it time. :)

Personally I prefer digital

Spoiler

, because I'm a minimalist and hate having too much stuff at home. The less stuff you have, the less cramped in you feel and the less you need to clean. And the less you're going to lose in case of fire. Or to water, because due to climate change it can be very rainy in Europe these days (like there eg). And the less you need to worry about when you move. And the more chances you have to get a woman to stay at your place. I mean, I'm a woman and with most women I can't talk about games, because games apparently still are an "omg grow up!" and "wtf but you're a girl?" topic. Dunno how it's with English, but in Germany you will see women writing online that guys that are gamers are a red flag and manbabies that search for a mother and whatever.

Well for the fairness... Can't talk with men about my games either. Because of the duality of men.

Western game: It has sex! lol I even got a trophy, for having sex! :D

Japanese game: omg whoever likes that is so sexist! And omg boobs! So sexist!!11 Women can't have secondary feminine body parts wtf!!11 And omg there's a fully dressed minor looking character!!!11 In a Japanese game!!!1 Obviously ChiPo!!1111 ...Did that woman there next to me just say she likes Japanese stuff? omg I will call her sexist and project all of my anti-woman thoughts and my fragile masculinity mind about... *gasps* boobs... on her because that makes perfect sense!!!11

ughhhh... Ridiculous. btw the Japanese age rating doesn't allow nudity or sex in console games, not even with a Z-rating, the highest rating. They slap even Nintendo sometimes and Smash Brows Wii U came later in Japan because their age rating said that some dress is too short.

And that's why I don't talk about games IRL and why having no boxed games at all makes my life easier. I'm aware that nobody asked. But it felt wrong to only write one line. Dunno. huh... Maybe I put that into a spoiler, because it's too much offtopic...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/20/2023 at 11:47 PM, SourGuy1 said:

I think it always has been and always will be. I personally always buy only CDs. This is what kind of collection you can then make and sell if it’s really bad with money

I think only boomers do that. It doesn't makes sense to overpay if now everything is on the Internet. I had a  playstation 4 with a disc and didn't use it because discs are so much more expensive. In the end I had it and broke, tried to fix it with the help of howly guides, but fixing technology is clearly not my thing. So I just already bought myself a playstation 5 and without the disk, saved a couple of hundred

Edited by JoanNash

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I prefer physical over digital but as far as this generation is concerned, getting physical is a lot more pricey for me as I live in Japan so getting EU and NA releases for modern games is not really something I'm keen on investing in. Especially with my overall mindset towards modern games as a whole.