Error NP-2244-2 Cannot access PS store Vita/VitaTV

VaNiDgE

Hello

So recently i have dusted off my older consoles to play finish off some games that have been at the back of my head for sometime. I decided to turn on my Vita and Vita TV and whenever i try to access the PS store I encountered an error:

The connection to the server or device has been terminated.

(NP-2244-2)

I've clicked on many forums post and different YouTube videos about this and none seem to work. My Vita is wireless and VitaTV is wired, both can connect to PSN and sign in with no problems, both can sync trophies and see who is online. It's basically whenever I try to access the webstore does the error come up.

I have tried a lot of things including:

• Adding funds to m account via PS store on the computer
  • Changing DNS numbers (as said in some forum posts)
  • Turning off and on the Vita
  • Turning on two factor authentication
  • Activating the Device
  • Activating Device Setup Password
  • Deactivating all devices via the website, then reactivating
  • Seeing if I have the latest firm ware, which I do

The only way I can place games onto my Vita is downloading games on my PS3 and then wire transfer it, I am unsure how to do that for the VitaTV. I don't even think my PS4 can even see Vita games let alone download and transfer games.

All in all a very frustrating experience, I hope that this is a Sony server problem and eventually will right it self, in which case I have wasted my time trying to trouble shooting. 

So just wondering if anyone still playing their Vita who encountered this problem was able to remedy it. If you did, care to share what finally fixed it for you. 

Edited by VaNiDgE

1 hour ago, JohnnyJohn said:

Hello, same thing is happening to me since yesterday. I even formatted my Vita but nothing have changed. Are you trying to connect to the European Playstation Store?

My region is Oceania so roughly the Australia/NewZealand/Pacific regions. Yeah i tried reformatting my Vita handheld as the the system i can still get game on it via wire transfer from the PS3. 

I think when the change the system of purchasing content for Vita and PS3 that's when things started to go hairy. Hopefully Sony gets a fix in soon. 

10 hours ago, Terminator said:

The Vita and PS3 stores have been jacking around something fierce lately but Sony doesn't seem to care enough to fix the problem :(. I've been lucky to not encounter this problem so far but I feel for those who have.

I have asked my American and Canadian friends and they seem to be able to enter the store no problems, it might be a regional thing. In anycase I hope they get to the bottom of this.

11 hours ago, kakisgr said:

I have the same problem in Greece, EU region Also when I login to the store via browser it refreshes constantly. PS3 works fine but I had to enable 2FA for it to work recently

I tried that 2 factor Authentication, have been turning it off and constantly trying every so often to get onto he store front. Hmm still not happening.

23 hours ago, Babarran said:

The same issue here 3th day already i am writing from Bulgaria Europe.

Just gonna have to wait and see, i tried looking through all the PlayStation and Sony Official pages on Facebook and Twitter and they have not said anything about it. In other forums there are people who have called Sony and have gotten "could not fix the problem, but escalation to international team" at least that is something. 

Its really weird that other region are affected but not US. I would say keep checking to se if you can connect and hope for the best Sony gets to it. 

You can still get your games through connecting your Vita to your PS3, but if you have a Vita TV your out of luck until they fix it. 

22 hours ago, VaNiDgE said:

Just gonna have to wait and see, i tried looking through all the PlayStation and Sony Official pages on Facebook and Twitter and they have not said anything about it. In other forums there are people who have called Sony and have gotten "could not fix the problem, but escalation to international team" at least that is something. 

Its really weird that other region are affected but not US. I would say keep checking to se if you can connect and hope for the best Sony gets to it. 

You can still get your games through connecting your Vita to your PS3, but if you have a Vita TV your out of luck until they fix it. 

Thanks for the replay i will update if i read somthing for more information 
Here is a link for similar topic from other forum https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/117710-error-np-2244-2/

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2021/11/ps-store-on-ps-vita-facing-wide-spread-issues-around-the-world

Seems like the problem is garnering some interest amongst some sites and theres a few reddit posts about the problem. Seems UK, US, CN region are not affected but the other regions are. Nothing yet said officially by Sony. Hopefully the problem will get louder so they will fix the problem soon. 

Does not give me much hope for digital games if people cant even access them.

• Like 1

Well glad to say that the error has gone, have now been able to access the store and have tested downloading with no problems. Now to test on my Vita TV, but i suspect that should be okay as well.

I'm only speaking from an AU/NZ perspective so unsure if Asia or EU is still affected, if it hasn't I think it will right it self soon. 

I guess all the calls, reddit, twitter posts and small media attention was starting to make some head way, imagine this debacle on the PS4/5, all hell would have let loose. 5 days since the error occurred, more for some people and not one word from Sony, i think they can do better then that. 

What i have learnt is Vita is far from dead and there's a healthy amount of people still playing and cherishing their games, wish Sony saw this and still support it with fresh titles.

Edited by VaNiDgE

• 2 years later...