Zombies Ate My Neighbors and Ghoul Patrol

Game Is Out Now--Beware Of Glitch!

I just purchased and installed this game, unlocking several trophies for it. However, it seems to be broken in a way that trophies can no longer sync. The game does not show up in my trophy list, and attempting to perform a trophy sync reports an error! There is currently nothing I can seem to do to break this cycle! Be very wary of installing this title until the issue is resolved!

Update:

The game causes Error# NP-103374-8

This is a bug that there is no proper fix for and requires the most drastic of measures to regain ability to sync trophies. It is a problem between the game and the system firmware, and other games have suffered from it. Essentially how the entire trophy system works is you unlock trophies in a game, and the game tracks them. You then sync the trophies via the system firmware, and the game says "Hey, some trophies were unlocked. These are what they are." The firmware takes this information and uploads it to the profile. What the error amounts to is the firmware saying "Nah dude, I don't see these trophies. Or this game for that matter."

What you will find is that the game can be launched and played, trophies can be unlocked, and save data can be backed up to the cloud. But the trophy system will not recognize the game and keep saying that something has gone wrong. The game will never show up in your trophy list, and you will be unable to sync ANY trophies to your profile due to this problem.

The only thing that will resolve it is to do the following:

1. Delete the malfunctioning game.

2. Backup all of your game saves you don't wish to lose to the cloud or to USB if on PS4.

3. If you have an external HDD, transfer any games you wish to keep without needing to reinstall from disc or redownload from the store. If you do not have an external storage device, skip this step. Be warned, you may be in for a world of hurt if you don't have it, depending on how many games you have installed that you regularly play.

4. This is the big one. Perform a complete factory reset of your PS4 or PS5. This will delete any and all software installed, and completely remove your account from the system.

5. After the factory reset, it will be as though you are turning your console on straight out of the box for the first time. Turn the system on and go through the system setup process. At the end of this process, you will then add your account onto your system.

6. You will now need to transfer games back from the external HDD, reinstall games from discs, and/or redownload games from the store. Don't forget to redownload any relevant save data. Be sure NOT to reinstall any save data from the game that messed everything up.

7. Congratulations, you will now be able to sync trophies like normal!

To my knowledge, this solution will work with other games that give the same NP-103374-8 error. But be advised this is a major headache and it's far, far better to just not touch a game with this problem unless/until the developer fixes it. Avoid this game like the plague until the problem is patched out!

Edited by Lord_Malachite
Found a way to fix and wanted to share with the world.

As bad luck would have it, you've been hit by 2 separate and unrelated problems that happened simultaneously:

1: This game has a non-syncing trophy list, therefore all you can do is email the devs and publisher and remind them to upload the list to the trophy servers. I have a full list of non-syncing games here: LINK

2: The error you're talking about is a known bug with the PS4's OS itself that Sony never fixed, which causes the Trophy List Database to become corrupted due to a bad trophy list install so can happen with any game (Omega Strike that did it to me) but your solution was the Nuclear option, when a simple profile deletion would have solved it (you would still have lost your saves and a few other things, though your installs would have remained intact) - there was no need to nuke your entire Hard Drive.

Edited by Terminator
Update

On 11/5/2021 at 7:56 AM, Terminator said:

As bad luck would have it, you've been hit by 2 separate and unrelated problems that happened simultaneously:

1: This game has a non-syncing trophy list, therefore all you can do is email the devs and publisher and remind them to upload the list to the trophy servers. I have a full list of non-syncing games here: LINK

2: The error you're talking about is a known bug with the PS4's OS itself that Sony never fixed, which causes the Trophy List Database to become corrupted due to a bad trophy list install so can happen with any game (Omega Strike that did it to me) but your solution was the Nuclear option, when a simple profile deletion would have solved it (you would still have lost your saves and a few other things, though your installs would have remained intact) - there was no need to nuke your entire Hard Drive.

All the research I could find online for this particular error stated that doing a factory reset was the only way to permanently resolve the glitch--that and deleting the game that caused the problem to kick in. Due to the problem triggered by this game (and I am aware it is not a problem exclusive to this title as you pointed out), I was unable to sync any trophies from other titles. This was very distressing as I have a 40 month trophy streak I was not about to use.

I was fortunate to have an external drive and since I was playing on my PS5, I lost very little in the way of installs. A handful of PS5 games that will transfer back rather quickly.

4 hours ago, Lord_Malachite said:

All the research I could find online for this particular error stated that doing a factory reset was the only way to permanently resolve the glitch--that and deleting the game that caused the problem to kick in. Due to the problem triggered by this game (and I am aware it is not a problem exclusive to this title as you pointed out), I was unable to sync any trophies from other titles. This was very distressing as I have a 40 month trophy streak I was not about to use.

I was fortunate to have an external drive and since I was playing on my PS5, I lost very little in the way of installs. A handful of PS5 games that will transfer back rather quickly.

If you ever get a corrupted profile again, just deleting and recreating it will fix the problem :).

Yeah the Devs never uploaded the trophy list to Sony. This happens a lot with smaller games and rushed games. Basically what is happening is the game is trying to locate itself to check flags on the Sony server and cant find itself listed. 

All we can do is tweet the devs and publisher (if not the same) to double check with them they are going to upload the trophies at some point.

When a game comes out and the trophies are not listed on PSNProfiles, I never buy it because it usually means the game hasn't uploaded the trophies yet.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Azaria said:

I've had games not sync with the server but never had a list do this.  I bought it out of excitement for it FINALLY coming out just to see this.  I literally commented on EVERY LucasFilms Games post on Facebook, guess I'm back at it til they fix this.  Hopefully this doesn't take MONTHS to fix.

Both lists now sync :).

• Like 1